weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he bear/tiger question is just from a juror who studies metaphysics?

Metaphysics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting you have used "he." Suspect the language is more indicative of a man, rather than a woman? Interesting.

If you are correct and there is a rogue juror who is dumb as a post and willing to let a cold blooded murderer go free, then a hung jury is a legitimate risk. The emptiest cans tend to rattle the loudest.

If this person is lying in wait on the jury, I pray then that your last sentence comes to fruition.

It think it was Divine intervention that camera survived the wash cycle with bleach. And Jodi did not see that coming.

She begged Flores to see the photos countless times.

Her mistake was thinking that water would destroy the microchip inside the flash card. A lot of people could make the same mistake, even computer nerds. There are videos on youtube where computer nerds will submerge a motherboard in water, set it out to dry and then boot it up to show that it still works. The comments often express amazement that such a thing is possible.

It think it was Divine intervention that camera survived the wash cycle with bleach. And Jodi did not see that coming.

I agree. I certainly never would have thought the pictures would have survived.

JA thought she deleted them and they would be gone forever - Even being the wanna-be pro photographer, she just wanted her fingerprints off the camera IMO by using the bleach in the wash cycle. JMO

O/T but, Check this out. This happened not far from where I live.

The guy who caused this girl's death, swallowed the memory card that filmed the hand gliding accident.

They recovered it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/08/23/bc-hang-gliding-death-william-jon-orders_n_1826231.html

Before this trial, I would have thought that deleting pics from a memory card would get rid of them completely. I would not have known they could be recovered, especially after going through a wash cycle.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...stMKnwtYB-GoRmo5ReVu_cvTRgwx-gBcSR9KX6v9lg7UO
http://static.globalgrind.com/sites...he/gallery_image/images/2013_february/5_1.jpg
I have wondered if she might be...
most pics she does look shorter, but in a few....
She looks taller. (maybe she is standing on something...
Her "inseam" is much higher than his... and her arms are sooo long!

She towered over JW the other day, yet that one day with the huggie with JW, in front of the jury, there wasn't much difference.

Regardless, she is at least 5.6 and TA was 5'9. Pretty close. People keep speaking of her as petite.....not so.

I really had to laugh when Det. Flores said that he had a picture of her in pigtails and she said "Pigtails?" like it was the most preposterous thing she had ever heard and even better when he showed her the picture she said "that looks like me". Too funny. Even when she now knew that they had recovered all the deleted and washed pictures, it didn't throw her for too much of a loop. Very cool and controlled.

< snip>

... I had caught onto her...from then on I became "biased" and feel like now I am VERY biased against her...I feel like every single word out of her mouth is a lie.

Kinda like Mary MCarthy once said about Lillian Hellman, that "Every word she writes is a lie, including "and" and "the."

...One was the blood pattern expert...what got me VERY worried was the juror question about COULD THE PALMPRINT of Jodi have been left on the wall from some previous time? This, to me, was a question that was so out there...does that mean that the person is even doubting that JODI COMMITTED THE CRIME??? To me, this sounds like someone doesn't even want to believe she was even there or that she did it!! As I said I was not following the trial at the time, so I'm sure this was discussed on this forum at the time, but I missed all of that. But that really stuck with me. Then Juan went back and had the blood pattern expert EXPLAIN that it was Jodi's blood MIXED with Travis' blood...but WHY would someone need verification that it was HER palmprint????"
<snip>

I am not so worried by this. Yes, it may sound like the person is pro-Arias, but they could:
1) be preparing for the possibility of someone ELSE raising it during deliberations.
2) trying to understand if it is actually relevant. For all the juror knew, it was a possibility and they wanted to know if they should rule it out.

I am certain that there are other possibilities. Maybe the juror is pro-Arias, but as Sportin' Life sang, it ain't necessarily so.

The guy who caused this girl's death, swallowed the memory card that filmed the hand gliding accident.

They recovered it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/08/23/bc-hang-gliding-death-william-jon-orders_n_1826231.html

I don't go near HP, but this reminds me of the dog that ate all those $100 dollar bills recently while the parents left him in the car while they dined out. Now these folks, dug out bits and pieces of the dog's feces trying to get the gov't to give them their money back.

They recovered it.

You'd be shocked at what I've seen swallowed. We had a guy who swallowed ten ball point pens (tied w/rubber band) 4 forks and a spoon. He told me he did it and had a stomach ache. I didn't believe him. I took him to XRay and there they were.:gasp:

I didn't hear the question.
Still not sure what is was.
I am not sure what the juror wanted to know.

Animal face off...
"The bear attempts to steal the tiger's kill. The tiger then attacks the bear, but the bear is able to deflect each strike. The tiger tries to go for the jugular, but fails. The bear gets the big cat on the ground, and moves on, thinking the tiger is finished. However, the tiger jumps up on the bear from behind and latches on with its claws, cutting deep. Despite the tiger's persistent attacks, the bear's thick fur and fat, combined with its enormous girth, are too much for the tiger. The bear finishes the fight by breaking the tiger's back and biting it on the neck, to confirm victory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Face-Off

Travis did kinda look like he had been mauled by a tiger....

The link says a bear will always kill a tiger???

Sooooo....
If this juror sees Travis as "the bear"
they believe he should have been able to kill
her IF he was the aggressor???

IDK~ just a thought

Maybe they has just seen that episode?

Interesting ^

One would think that an internet savvy premeditating murderess planning to lure her victim into the shower and take photos ultimately documenting her presence at the scene, then tossing the camera into the washer would have googled whether the documenting photos were likely to survive before tossing the camera into the wash.

Here are the first few hits on a pre-6/2008 search of what happens when you wash a camera and/or the memory card:

Even if a digital camera does not survive, the photos might survive, as the memory card has a good survival chance. SIMilarly, a mobile phone memory may survive with your contacts, even if the phone doesn't survive.

http://www.zyra.info/elecaqu.htm

Michael Ging , Mar 03, 2007; 05:46 p.m.

I have washed mine without having any problems. A canon Rep once told me that the killer of these things is lint from your pocket that gets in one of the little holes that the interface plugs into and that will ruin a card faster than anything.

Doug Axford , Mar 03, 2007; 06:09 p.m.

I had the one that came with a camera years ago go through both washer & dryer and was fine. Trying it in your card reader & an older camera first is good advice. Maybe you should take it into a camera store and demo a camera with it. That should get the camera store guys hating me!

F. Fanta , Mar 03, 2007; 07:11 p.m.

I washed a Sundisk with the laundry at 60 C and was fine. If concerned, why don't you try it with a card reader before using it in a camera?

http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00KBcC

The memory cards used in most modern cameras are virtually indestructible, according to tests conducted by Digital Camera Shopper magazine in 2004.

All Five memory card formats survived being boiled, trampled by a skateboard, put through a washing machine, dunked in coffee and cola, run over by a child's toy car and given to a six-year-old boy to destroy.

Most of them did fail to get through two additional tests - being smashed by a sledgehammer and being nailed to a tree - although, even then, data experts were able to retrieve photos from the xD and Smartmedia cards.

http://www.intco.biz/technology/memory-cards.htm

Don't I remember JA claiming that she helped TA with his decision on what kind of camera to purchase? I think so.

Interesting ^

ehh.. not really. Just was thinking about how they can't watch regular TV
what would you be able to watch?

Animal Planet
Nickelodoen
Disney
Hunting and fishing???

or "season's" of shows on dvd.

What articles of clothing were in the washer with the camera? I was thinking Jodi deleted the photos then put it down and forgot about it. Putting it in the washer was not intentional.

Don't I remember JA claiming that she helped TA with his decision on what kind of camera to purchase? I think so.

Yes, the crack photographer was instrumental in Travis making his decision on which camera to purchase. [sarcasm]

Can we put this Tiger versus the Bear carp to bed already? Dr. D is a licensed psychologist (unlike what the DT offered) and she knew the differences between how a person would react between the two and how it would effect them as far as PTSD is concerned. For instance, if a person were bit by a dog that may cause them trauma - but if it were a little 5 week old Chihuahua or a 7 year old Doberman

Never mind.....:floorlaugh:

Yes, the crack photographer was instrumental in Travis making his decision on which camera to purchase.

It just hit me! The PHOTOGRAPHER who was always known to carry her camera everywhere, didn't take any pics of her and her alibi Ryan in Utah.

Guess why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member