weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, that remark from your father sounds pretty snarky to me.

Yes he gets that way even in public when he sees someone being overly RUDE.

Funny isn't it how the rude behavior was ignored but my father's comment wasn't?

That happens a lot in life. I never have understood it.

Rude is rude and I despise rude behavior. It shows low class.

FYI...Websleuthes has become the first support group I've ever been involved with despite the fact that's not really what WS's is about. You all have more intuition, more intelligence and more feelings than ANYONE I know or have known. It's really like a big hug to know that there ARE others in the world who think about something besides themselves and their own personal agenda.

I miss the tiger/bear question. Can someone tell me exactly how the question was said, and Dr.D answer? Thanks!!

Too true, and leave us not forget her "morbid curiosity" about seeing the crime scene photos. You know, the ones that included the picture of how she had slit his throat from ear to ear down to the spine. Hmmm. Seems inconsistent with PTSD to me.

:cow:

You know, she was found with 19 unapproved pictures in her cell in July '10 I believe, curiously the same number of pictures found on the memory stick (excluding the nudie ones and evidence item #152, which no one has seen yet), and wasn't that also about the time that she changed her story to self defense from the ninja nuttiness? Wonder who snuck those pictures into her? Most people have to talk to her through glass, don't they?

ETA: Wait, wasn't that about the time she fired her lawyers and acted as her own attorney to try to get the forged letters in? Could she have swiped the camera pics then?

Premeditated all the way!

The evidence is showing that their final conversations were exchanges of threats-- not about Cancun.

You don't need to kill someone over a trip! What Travis was threatening to do was to ruin Arias' chances to move to the next man to the right, which is what she's always done.

The evidence shows she did not need to grieve Travis' death, but was able to clean blood off her hands and begin grinding immediately on someone else. This does not look like "he's the only one--I had to have him" jealous mentality to me. It looks more like, "up the ladder I go and I f*ckin' got rid of his *advertiser censored*--ruin me, will he...well look who ruined who!"

It was her future she was concerned about and willing to kill to preserve--a future of $$$ and prestige as a trophy wife, nothing to do with religion or love at all.

All about Jodi and her ability to continue to use her (perceived) assets to insure a way out of the ghetto.

Anagrammy

Yes he gets that way even in public when he sees someone being overly RUDE.

Funny isn't it how the rude behavior was ignored but my father's comment wasn't?

That happens a lot in life. I never have understood it.

Rude is rude and I despise rude behavior. It shows low class.

MEEE TOOO. And very often when I call out rude behavior, I'm accused of being a racist or something equally ridiculous. I don't care who you are or where you came from. If you're rude and tacky..I don't like you.

Thank you KCL. I am in total support of Travis' family but seeing the celebrity status of death row inmates (I.e., Ted Bundy fathering a child!), I will be happy to see JA get life without parole. No appeal. No parole. Locked up for life.

But then I read anagrammy's post two above yours and agree that she enjoys being the smartest one in a group of less educated folks, including most inmates, and I'm back to wondering which she'd enjoy the least - the isolation of death row or mingling with her intellectual inferiors (in her mind) in the general prison population.

You want to what is going to be an interesting/best part of this trail,besides her being found guilty.
The victims impact statements & when the judge askes her if she has anything to say before she sentence her?

OMG, are you serious, JA is going to give a statement. Is there a time limit on how long she can speak?

I can certainly appreciate that. But it's also at times like this that people like me (glued to my computer because I am too sick to write a lecture) begin t think that they should not be intruding into this space. I feel like a voyeur, and it's disturbing. Some of you have had such terrible tragedies that have caused you to be that much more vested in justice than do I. I actually may stop posting, out of respect for people like you who really should be heard by as wide an audience as possible.

Hey - what nonsense is this Sleuth?? You had better not stop posting or a great big gang of WSers will be showing up at your door.

Yes - we will stalk, if necessary. :floorlaugh:

Please don't stop posting, Sleuth5. Your point of view has been very illuminating for me. The strength of websleuths is the diversity of backgrounds, education, expertise, experience. The victim experience is only one element to bring to the table in the pursuit of justice. Being a victim advocate allows you to bring your considerable intelligence and education to our shared goal of achieving justice in this country.

You are valued and needed here!

Thank you for your kind words, Anagrammy. Your posts are erudite and eloquent, and I have also gained a great deal from your point of view. Still, I find Katie's visible pain profoundly troubling, particularly in light of my tendency to be humorous at times.

You know, she was found with 19 unapproved pictures in her cell in July '10 I believe, curiously the same number of pictures found on the memory stick (excluding the nudie ones and evidence item #152, which no one has seen yet), and wasn't that also about the time that she changed her story to self defense from the ninja nuttiness? Wonder who snuck those pictures into her? Most people have to talk to her through glass, don't they?

ETA: Wait, wasn't that about the time she fired her lawyers and acted as her own attorney to try to get the forged letters in? Could she have swiped the camera pics then?

Oh, my goodness, I certainly hope they weren't those pictures.

JA in the future?

It's scary isn't it?

In this county all court is held on Monday. So no matter what if you had a speeding ticket or some small matter everyone sits in the courthouse together and waits to see the judge. (I don't know but maybe it's that way everywhere)...anyway, Monday comes and all the little jails empty out and the prisoners are brought to the courthouse dressed in their orange jumpsuits.

Some of those women are TOUGH looking women. WOW.

They didn't see the censored versions.

I think they don't make eye contact with her because they have no desire to commune with her 'in that way'.

It is common for jurors to avoid any contact of any sort with defendants, but there are certainly exceptions.

This Maricopa County, Arizona crew probably hasn't apologized to her or bought her books, magazines, twenty irises, etc.

BBM

Did she ever mention the significance of sending 20 flowers? Seems like an odd number to pull out of the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas