Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like peter is an easy target.
Hes a male, and the last to see her.
But i think its by chance. I feel like dawn was
Furious towards all of the friends as any mom
Would be, and immediately blamed them.
Why didnt u give her a ride? Why did u let her walk alone etc.
And j think thats why they didnt help or call her.
I think emotiins were running high, she was angry and the frjends
Felt offended and got their feelings hurt.

This case is so puzzling but I believe it can be solved. Can't believe it's been four years though. I hope there won't be a fifth anniversary and that it will be solved before then.

It's so hard to know what happened and I honestly believe she could still be alive and being held captive or something. The swamp area is scary, but that was where her phone last pinged so it's very possible her phone was turned off there and she went further down the road. I believe if they had used that place to dump her body (like it's suspected), that there would be SOME sign of Brittanee. I also read on the YouTube comments for the Disappeared episode that (this might be a bit gory for some people) alligators will not eat a dead human and with alive ones, they will leave parts left over. I assumed that it was probably the same as sharks, where humans are too boney for them and they don't like to eat them and will spit them back out. I know that this was from comments and may not be true, but I still think they would've found SOME sign of her. Her shoes, parts of her clothes, her nose jewellery or other jewellery, etc. SOMETHING belonging to her should've surfaced, especially clothing. I don't believe everything of hers was consumed.

I believe she was offered a lift and nobody grabbed her/dragged her into a car. She looks like she would put up a fight against an attacker, or at least shout for help and her friend said she was way too trusting. Remember there is footage of her hanging out with a stranger the previous night? Although I do find it very interesting she got talking to that guy in the first place because some guys were making comments to her and she just asked him randomly to hang with her so they would leave her alone. She obviously felt uncomfortable and didn't intend to mess around with guys down there, which says to me if some random guy she has never met noticed her walking and offered her a lift, she probably would've said no, despite being a bit naive. I believe she probably got a lot of attention from male strangers because she is really pretty and I'm sure she wouldn't have embraced it or enjoyed it since she didn't before, which really makes me believe it was someone she knew or trusted.

Even then, I hope they were able to track down those men who harassed her and question them.

I would agree that this case is solvable. I am not sure what kind of reward is available but if that reward was bumped up to a six figure value I'm sure people would start talking.

True! Its just so difficult because there are so many things that COULD have happened, that take this thing so many different directions. We have a good idea of where she was abducted, but no who, or why.

So why...
1. Sex Trafficking
2. Rape and/or murder
3. To be held captive for whatever reason. Could be using an alternate identity, or hidden.

I dont think other 'why's' make sense. I dont think its a robbery gone wrong because none of her bank accounts were used.
I dont think it was a hostage ordeal because her parents were not contacted for money, and no one has claimed what reward money is available.
Another popular motive for abduction is in-family abduction. I remember the comment made by her aunt that CD is not her biological father, and she had been contacted by her bio dad prior to her disappearence, and that his family did not approve of dawn/or brittanee due to nationality. I highly doubt they are in any way involved and would have followed her out of state. I think this is more of a crime of oppottunity.

so for the 3 'why's'- they could be tied to many who's.
Peter. Moody. The club owners. The kid from the Motel. Any stranger, really.

There have been no confirmed sightings since her disappearence.
So I dont think she is being held under an alternate i.d. like jaycee dugard was.
It is still fairly recent, her pictures are everywhere, and her looks would not have
changed so drastically over 4 years that she would not be recognizable. I think even with a different haircut and no contacts, she would still be noticable, unless taken out
of country, where maybe people wouldnt be as familliar with american news stories.

If she is being held captive, where? A warehouse, basement, storage shed?

If she were sold into a sex trade, where would she be? What countries or areas? Im not too familliar with the human trafficking thing. I know it was a big problem in the islands where amy bradley is supposed to be. I HONESTLY wish the FBI would have men go undercover as dudes looking for.. ya know.. and find a way ro rescue these girls, and find out who they are.

Didnt RM have a gf at the time brit disappeared? I wonder whatever happened with that. If they are still together, and if he were involved, would she have talked if they split?

I hadn't seen this letter before from this past October Brittanee's 21st b-day. http://www.nwcave.org/images/Letter_from_Dawn_Drexel_2012.pdf

This letter is different then previous letters so read the whole thing. The Bold and Italics are my own words and Things that stood out to me that I hadn't seen before:

1.) "two major questions why Human Trafficking isn’t being looked at more and why one individual has yet to be interrogated" Who is the one person not interrogated yet?

2.) "While walking, text messages rung in from Jenn wanting her shorts returned for the outing planned that night. Then there is the infamous camera shot of my daughter entering the Blue Water and exiting, never to be seen or heard from again. My question is when she entered she went to the right, but the elevators were on the left? That has always bothered me because the only thing to the right is the hotel pool area" I thought JO called/texted Brit at PB's hotel room not as she walked. Also, DD is confirming Britt walked to pool area first not directly to hotel room

3.) "Another item that has me concerned is supposedly my daughter went to the sixth floor to retrieve her shoes and that witnesses advised early in the investigation that they were watching the Red Sox Game and eating, but later I found out the game began at 4:10 pm that day ending at 7:45 pm this was way before my daughter went there. They claimed that was factual because Brittanee grabbed some food off a plate of an individual there. Brittanee was seen on the street camera in route to the Blue Water and the times just do not match up, period" Dawn questions the times also; she brings up the game was over as well

4.) "You see, this group of people had visited North and South Carolina before, Brittanee, although she wanted to think she was old enough, she was still just a child, not seeing the danger ahead" I thought only JO was familiar with SC/NC Dawn is saying otherwise so this group did know the area enough

5.) "Over the years I have had to deal with new announcements of what could have happened to my daughter; one year some local persons of interest possibly did something, to a registered sex offender possibility facing a clouded reality that my child may have been murdered. No one can provide me facts, only possibilities. In any story the fact my daughter is missing is horrifying enough; the unthinkable projections eat at me daily. Some days I feel the need to be rescued" Obviously Dawn does not believe Moody took Brittanee

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS200904250.shtml

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290425102

The baseball game is something that was discussed here last fall by Fabgod and CanManEh in post #767. The links are above. The game between the Red Sox and Yankees on that day 4/25/2009 started at 4:10 pm eastern time and lasted for 4 hours and 21 minutes (game time as it says in one of the links) so the finish time would be 8:31 pm eastern time. It was on ESPN and mostly likely would have had some kind post game show beings that is was a Yankees/Red Sox game. I would guess the post game show could have lasted for 15 minutes? I don't know. I think with the time frames I've seen she would have been there right at the end of the game and during the post game show. I think someone also pointed out this game was one of the longest games in the history of Major League Baseball (MLB). I think in the top 10 which is pretty amazing considering how many MLB games have been played over the past 100+ years.

Maybe he sought a new place more secluded for his next victim. Its just a matter of time for him to murder, torture, rape someone else.

He is definitely familiar with the area. IIRC, the reason he moved to SC from California in the first place was because his parents live in SC. I somehow managed to find his parents address at one point and pull it up on Google Earth, and it's also located in a large wooded area, not a normal neighborhood. I always wondered if LE had went there to search, not necessarily inside the house or on their property (they most likely don't have enough evidence or probable cause to do so), but around the area of his parents house. I personally don't believe they would find anything..but I think we can all agree on the fact that just because her phone didn't ping there doesn't mean he couldn't have taken any possible evidence there to dispose of.. it's just another place added to the long list of locations that can't be ruled out, yet still haven't been searched.

I hadn't seen this letter before from this past October Brittanee's 21st b-day. http://www.nwcave.org/images/Letter_from_Dawn_Drexel_2012.pdf

This letter is different then previous letters so read the whole thing. The Bold and Italics are my own words and Things that stood out to me that I hadn't seen before:

1.) "two major questions why Human Trafficking isn’t being looked at more and why one individual has yet to be interrogated" Who is the one person not interrogated yet?

2.) "While walking, text messages rung in from Jenn wanting her shorts returned for the outing planned that night. Then there is the infamous camera shot of my daughter entering the Blue Water and exiting, never to be seen or heard from again. My question is when she entered she went to the right, but the elevators were on the left? That has always bothered me because the only thing to the right is the hotel pool area" I thought JO called/texted Brit at PB's hotel room not as she walked. Also, DD is confirming Britt walked to pool area first not directly to hotel room

3.) "Another item that has me concerned is supposedly my daughter went to the sixth floor to retrieve her shoes and that witnesses advised early in the investigation that they were watching the Red Sox Game and eating, but later I found out the game began at 4:10 pm that day ending at 7:45 pm this was way before my daughter went there. They claimed that was factual because Brittanee grabbed some food off a plate of an individual there. Brittanee was seen on the street camera in route to the Blue Water and the times just do not match up, period" Dawn questions the times also; she brings up the game was over as well

4.) "You see, this group of people had visited North and South Carolina before, Brittanee, although she wanted to think she was old enough, she was still just a child, not seeing the danger ahead" I thought only JO was familiar with SC/NC Dawn is saying otherwise so this group did know the area enough

5.) "Over the years I have had to deal with new announcements of what could have happened to my daughter; one year some local persons of interest possibly did something, to a registered sex offender possibility facing a clouded reality that my child may have been murdered. No one can provide me facts, only possibilities. In any story the fact my daughter is missing is horrifying enough; the unthinkable projections eat at me daily. Some days I feel the need to be rescued" Obviously Dawn does not believe Moody took Brittanee

Thanks for posting this I had seen the version media picked up but not the piece that Michele Bart added to. I'm gonna add #s to try to make my comments less confusing. I believe you #1 was stated by her rather than Dawn & maybe she was referring to PB not realizing that he's not the only one since the letter focuses in him & a few others not the entire group that was there.

I interpreted the #2 as a thought that DD had & not so much fact. I believe what she was saying is that she headed towards the pool & thinks that's where she went? Maybe LE thinks she took stairs? But she believes otherwise. I took this letter as DDs list of things she thinks, questions & believes & would like answers & possibilities for to lead to Britt. JMO.

With #3 I wonder if at the time of this letter DD was unaware of the ending time of the game? I have seen it online years go showing it ended at 8:31pm. I think in talking to PB some specifics would be nice as to if it was the game or after game post show on when Britt arrived.

I know that JO lived in Lumberton NC (#4) but I also had been told that this wasn't the first time that PB had been to MB & that a few of these "friends" had as well.

I took #5 to mean that there are always "new" developments that always end the same, no true indication of what happened to Britt & no progress. I think as any parent would be with a child missing that DD is upset & frustrated with not knowing where her child is & what has happened to her. Having seen her FB posts I know it's clear she believes Britt was trafficked. But in all actuality I think what it comes down to is what's worse to think-that a RSO did who knows what unspeakable things to your child & then killed her or that she was sold, is now enduring how many unspeakable things to stay alive? Maybe the thought is if that's what happened there is still hope that one day she can see her again if she was trafficked, it could be that this option is easier to bear because there is still an option of hope? Just my thoughts.

One thing I did see in the letter that made me want more information on was this: "While my daughter was at the beach, her and this group visited a place called Club Kryptonite (now closed down). I fear only what may have gone on and many rumors over time have sent my imagination to some dark corners throughout my daughter's disappearance. Rumors alone have almost destroyed me at times. The fact that a body has not been found provides me a reasonable strength to press forward." I wonder if MBPD have taken any of those rumors as possibilities as this letter somehow sounds as if DD believes they're not taking the human trafficking option as serious as she'd like. Is that just my interpretation? I also have to agree that without a body human trafficking & being held against her will seem plausible. Sadly though so does the idea that her remains are well hidden in the area or another option somewhere on the way back to NY?

If I were Dawn I would probably have to try to have hope in the human trafficking theory as well. It is her only hope as sad as it is. I would love to see Britt return home alive; however I don't think this is the case. There is always the possibility, and as a mother how could you not hope for that possiblity. I found it interesting they said only 1 news outlet posted this. Shame on them all. Keeping Britt's name in the media is the only way people will keep looking and searching for her. I wish a new lead would come in or something discovered. I'm not sure how "active" her investigation is at this time. Obviously things have been missed. What are your thoughts? Do you believe Moody took Britt?

Thanks for posting this I had seen the version media picked up but not the piece that Michele Bart added to. I'm gonna add #s to try to make my comments less confusing. I believe you #1 was stated by her rather than Dawn & maybe she was referring to PB not realizing that he's not the only one since the letter focuses in him & a few others not the entire group that was there.

I interpreted the #2 as a thought that DD had & not so much fact. I believe what she was saying is that she headed towards the pool & thinks that's where she went? Maybe LE thinks she took stairs? But she believes otherwise. I took this letter as DDs list of things she thinks, questions & believes & would like answers & possibilities for to lead to Britt. JMO.

With #3 I wonder if at the time of this letter DD was unaware of the ending time of the game? I have seen it online years go showing it ended at 8:31pm. I think in talking to PB some specifics would be nice as to if it was the game or after game post show on when Britt arrived.

I know that JO lived in Lumberton NC (#4) but I also had been told that this wasn't the first time that PB had been to MB & that a few of these "friends" had as well.

I took #5 to mean that there are always "new" developments that always end the same, no true indication of what happened to Britt & no progress. I think as any parent would be with a child missing that DD is upset & frustrated with not knowing where her child is & what has happened to her. Having seen her FB posts I know it's clear she believes Britt was trafficked. But in all actuality I think what it comes down to is what's worse to think-that a RSO did who knows what unspeakable things to your child & then killed her or that she was sold, is now enduring how many unspeakable things to stay alive? Maybe the thought is if that's what happened there is still hope that one day she can see her again if she was trafficked, it could be that this option is easier to bear because there is still an option of hope? Just my thoughts.

One thing I did see in the letter that made me want more information on was this: "While my daughter was at the beach, her and this group visited a place called Club Kryptonite (now closed down). I fear only what may have gone on and many rumors over time have sent my imagination to some dark corners throughout my daughter's disappearance. Rumors alone have almost destroyed me at times. The fact that a body has not been found provides me a reasonable strength to press forward." I wonder if MBPD have taken any of those rumors as possibilities as this letter somehow sounds as if DD believes they're not taking the human trafficking option as serious as she'd like. Is that just my interpretation? I also have to agree that without a body human trafficking & being held against her will seem plausible. Sadly though so does the idea that her remains are well hidden in the area or another option somewhere on the way back to NY?

If I were Dawn I would probably have to try to have hope in the human trafficking theory as well. It is her only hope as sad as it is. I would love to see Britt return home alive; however I don't think this is the case. There is always the possibility, and as a mother how could you not hope for that possiblity. I found it interesting they said only 1 news outlet posted this. Shame on them all. Keeping Britt's name in the media is the only way people will keep looking and searching for her. I wish a new lead would come in or something discovered. I'm not sure how "active" her investigation is at this time. Obviously things have been missed. What are your thoughts? Do you believe Moody took Britt?

That's a great question. Thing is I can never sit with just one thought. I'm always going between a few. Maybe it's the fact that I'm trying not to completely rule out anything & miss something or the fact that anything that doesn't include PB as somewhat involved really seems odd to me. The reason I say this is that I really don't see why he would give so many versions of why they left early, what happened that day then obtain a high profile defense attorney just 2days after Britts disappearance? This all before he was deemed a POI. Of course the amount of his retainer has been reported at different amounts from $20-$100k but even so, still odd to me. How about you?

As for the news outlets, I recall seeing this-on local media. Wonder if it was only one channel...hmmm.

When Britt was first taken I really thought the kids were involved. Now I just don't know Your right the PB stuff does not make sense. The only way I see it making sense is if he is just a totally self absorbed brat and his parents are the same type of people. If he called his parents they said get home. Then when the questioning started the parents decided to get an attorney. Doesn't ring true however; since I have heard that Parinello has some type of connection to the Clubs Peter was working with. Setting Britt up seems far fetched also. Who does that? I know we see it in movies but I'm not too sure if it happens in reality. What puzzles me about the whole Moody thing is first the MBPD tried to get everyone believing it was the man they arrested in connection to the attempted abduction (can't remember his name now). Then they searched the hotel room and named Moody a POI. Was this to give the public someone to blame? Since the hotel search seems the case has totally gone cold. Really bothers me no new searches or evidence. Maybe they've searched any place they had leads. One thing I always think about is Britt's bio dad JK. Just always seemed odd he turned up in her life right before the disappearance. I realize he was an active part of the early searches; I've always wondered his involvement since.

I do know the kids have to know something they have some type of guilty conscience or they wouldn't to this day not speak to Dawn or help in anyway. :banghead: very frustrating. Doesn't seem the case is any farther ahead then the day it happened. 4 years laters and still no Brittanee; no POIs, no leads.

That's a great question. Thing is I can never sit with just one thought. I'm always going between a few. Maybe it's the fact that I'm trying not to completely rule out anything & miss something or the fact that anything that doesn't include PB as somewhat involved really seems odd to me. The reason I say this is that I really don't see why he would give so many versions of why they left early, what happened that day then obtain a high profile defense attorney just 2days after Britts disappearance? This all before he was deemed a POI. Of course the amount of his retainer has been reported at different amounts from $20-$100k but even so, still odd to me. How about you?

As for the news outlets, I recall seeing this-on local media. Wonder if it was only one channel...hmmm.

Don't like to quote myself but was going to edit this but figured it was after Rochestergirl read it. I realized that I didn't see this particular letter-but rather the one written the April prior, it was very similar. Wonder if that's why the media didn't release it?

Eta: My mistake-I found where I'd seen it on http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/category/news-updates/ a few links down.

When Britt was first taken I really thought the kids were involved. Now I just don't know Your right the PB stuff does not make sense. The only way I see it making sense is if he is just a totally self absorbed brat and his parents are the same type of people. If he called his parents they said get home. Then when the questioning started the parents decided to get an attorney. Doesn't ring true however; since I have heard that Parinello has some type of connection to the Clubs Peter was working with. Setting Britt up seems far fetched also. Who does that? I know we see it in movies but I'm not too sure if it happens in reality. What puzzles me about the whole Moody thing is first the MBPD tried to get everyone believing it was the man they arrested in connection to the attempted abduction (can't remember his name now). Then they searched the hotel room and named Moody a POI. Was this to give the public someone to blame? Since the hotel search seems the case has totally gone cold. Really bothers me no new searches or evidence. Maybe they've searched any place they had leads. One thing I always think about is Britt's bio dad JK. Just always seemed odd he turned up in her life right before the disappearance. I realize he was an active part of the early searches; I've always wondered his involvement since.

I do know the kids have to know something they have some type of guilty conscience or they wouldn't to this day not speak to Dawn or help in anyway. :banghead: very frustrating. Doesn't seem the case is any farther ahead then the day it happened. 4 years laters and still no Brittanee; no POIs, no leads.

I agree-seems like the case is no farther 4 yrs later. I'm hoping there are things LE has behind the scenes that we don't. But I also agree that the kids know something, even if they self absorbed ridiculous excuse for humans w no compassion-they may know something they don't realize they do. For example, Peter had Britt in the VIP area of Club K. Who were they with? We're they alone, talking to anyone? Was someone watching them? Who was Peter with when he wasn't with Britt other than his Rochester friends? Any of them could have seen this & any number of other things at any time.

As for PB if we didn't know he was kicked out of the hotel for things he said a lot more of your situation would make sense. It's odd though how the Disappeared show didn't seem to do their work on finding out more to them ranking town story. I also have heard that Parinello (& one if his sons?) had connections with the clubs in Rochester & the Carolina's. whether that connection was RD or not I'm not sure. I think the idea that you refer to as a setup-is the possibility she was sold? While I agree it seems far fetched, some other things I've heard have made me think its not impossible.

I believe the attempted abduction name you're thinking of is Timothy Shaun Taylor. I often wonder if they'll ever find the person that really did try to abduct that girl-what if it is related to Britt? Have you read into the case his brother & father were involved in? Scary stuff.

As for Moody-I honestly think if he's not involved he will hurt someone. Have you compared his different mug shots to the sketch they released before Britt went missing if the guy flashing himself at the MB hotels?

As for JK I'm not sure what to think but I was told that Britt was the one to seek him out in her uncertainty with he divorce & I believe he has other family in Rochester that made it easier for them to meet. I could be wrong.

If I understand how the organization that holds Britts missing persons case other than LE they do searches & do them in conjunction with LE but they don't always tell the general public, so hopefully they've been eliminating various places from the area in a this time.

I hope this week shows to be some media attention for Britt & her case. I hope that her "friends" decide late is better than never to even have a conversation with LE to say, "I don't think I know anything, but in case it helps this is what I remember." Who knows what sliver of hope could emerge?

I would like to hear more about Timothy Taylor and his clan. Hoping for media too this week and next. Just can't believe it has not gotten any further.

I agree-seems like the case is no farther 4 yrs later. I'm hoping there are things LE has behind the scenes that we don't. But I also agree that the kids know something, even if they self absorbed ridiculous excuse for humans w no compassion-they may know something they don't realize they do. For example, Peter had Britt in the VIP area of Club K. Who were they with? We're they alone, talking to anyone? Was someone watching them? Who was Peter with when he wasn't with Britt other than his Rochester friends? Any of them could have seen this & any number of other things at any time.

As for PB if we didn't know he was kicked out of the hotel for things he said a lot more of your situation would make sense. It's odd though how the Disappeared show didn't seem to do their work on finding out more to them ranking town story. I also have heard that Parinello (& one if his sons?) had connections with the clubs in Rochester & the Carolina's. whether that connection was RD or not I'm not sure. I think the idea that you refer to as a setup-is the possibility she was sold? While I agree it seems far fetched, some other things I've heard have made me think its not impossible.

I believe the attempted abduction name you're thinking of is Timothy Shaun Taylor. I often wonder if they'll ever find the person that really did try to abduct that girl-what if it is related to Britt? Have you read into the case his brother & father were involved in? Scary stuff.

As for Moody-I honestly think if he's not involved he will hurt someone. Have you compared his different mug shots to the sketch they released before Britt went missing if the guy flashing himself at the MB hotels?

As for JK I'm not sure what to think but I was told that Britt was the one to seek him out in her uncertainty with he divorce & I believe he has other family in Rochester that made it easier for them to meet. I could be wrong.

If I understand how the organization that holds Britts missing persons case other than LE they do searches & do them in conjunction with LE but they don't always tell the general public, so hopefully they've been eliminating various places from the area in a this time.

I hope this week shows to be some media attention for Britt & her case. I hope that her "friends" decide late is better than never to even have a conversation with LE to say, "I don't think I know anything, but in case it helps this is what I remember." Who knows what sliver of hope could emerge?

We shouldn't still be here. There's no reason we need to still be here after 4 years. Where are the answers? Someone has them. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to say except to rant and rave. Why can't the people who have answers at least call a tip in anonymously? Don't they know how badly this hurts Brittanee's family and friends? I guess they don't or they wouldn't be sitting there with their trap shut if they could fix it. Ugh, what a shame.

I'm just mad and sad for this girl's loved ones.

We better not still be here at 5 years. This is THE year.

:praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member