Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on CBC News (will try to find linkage for video) that the bank card they used was not theirs but taken from the owner of the SUV.

In regards to the white cap, no hiding himself scenario, I think that they just didn't think. The way this week went down hasn't happened before. Pictures from cameras going up to be shared, social media paired with the old school security footage nailed these two. There was no way for them to anticipate the multiple photos catching them, IMO. This week changed the way crimes will be played out and fleshed out in the future. We saw the pros and cons of the social media this week from innocent men having their photos smeared and analyzed to the real culprits having their moves photo documented. Welcome to the 21st Century!!

This doesn't strike me as looking like authorities taking in someone suspected of being part of a terror cell:

arrests-new-bedford.jpg

Looks more like someone being taken in for overstaying his visa, or some other immigration issue.

Maybe just going downtown for questioning, records check? Not being arrested for anything at all clearly, not even pot. Handcuffs would be on and shoved in a cruiser.

Take it with a grain of salt. In the US mom worked at a salon for a while and then did facials from her Norfolk street apt. Father worked as a mechanic.

I know, don't know who to believe when all you get is words, if you know what I mean.

I heard on CBC News (will try to find linkage for video) that the bank card they used was not theirs but taken from the owner of the SUV.

In regards to the white cap, no hiding himself scenario, I think that they just didn't think. The way this week went down hasn't happened before. Pictures from cameras going up to be shared, social media paired with the old school security footage nailed these two. There was no way for them to anticipate the multiple photos catching them, IMO. This week changed the way crimes will be played out and fleshed out in the future. We saw the pros and cons of the social media this week from innocent men having their photos smeared and analyzed to the real culprits having their moves photo documented. Welcome to the 21st Century!!

And their opinion of the ablity of LE/FBI to solve crimes might not be all that high. FBI investigated the older one and decided he was not a threat.
And then the older one's supposed best friend (with two others) was murdered, but the crime isn't solved to this day.

It could be a crockpot or pressure cooker - we only see a little piece. I really think it's an electric pressure cooker. I don't believe the bombs used those, since they would be larger, heavier, and more expensive than the non-electric ones which are much cheaper.

IDK. But I do think LE should've taken it, unless it had peas/rice in it...

Arw we sure those were taken by LE? no evidence markers or anything.
Looks like someone snuck in and took them
IMO

Many have questioned how suspect #2 who appeared to have assimilated well was radicalized. Their mom is a 9/11 truther. If she believes the US government purposely killed their own citizens to discredit Islam, I don't think the older brother was the only influence on his brother. There is an impression that this family wasn't able "to achieve the American dream" and were thus disaffected by their lack of financial success. For a family with money troubles, they sure did a lot of traveling. The parents were in and out of the country several times, but didn't leave the younger brother to be "raised" by TT. All MOO.

It's very common for people originally from foreign countries to travel back and forth quite frequently. I know of Americans who have family in Europe and own holiday apartments in these countries. Even a poor family would scrimp for these types of trips. It's just the way it is. These are not seen as vacations but more of going back to see the family. The several trips I've made usually involve little actual vacationing activities.

From what I have read it seems the boys were very adamant that no one see where thy lived because it seems they were quite ashamed - so they dressed nicely and had some nice things and cars but in reality lived in pretty dodgy conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know if angry uncle is involved or any other family member. If so, then all are involved and you know where that is headed.

I do hope nothing gets lost in the system like perp 1 was. If it is true that Russia asked U.S. to check him out, or even that U.S. checked him out before in regard to terrorist activity, no matter how small, and he got over looked later, he simply bid-ed his time!

Norwegian;

This is the only after photo that I know of that has been released yet.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67cdb10c81

And this original photo was provided by a local runner here, Jacksonville Bch, FL.

Guy posted it on FB had no idea suspect #2 was in it till a friend zoomed in and notified his friend. Told the friend hey this looks like the guy seen in the fbi picture. The runner then notified LE, and this become the 1st clear picture LE had. The runner has been on the local news here.
News4jax.com

And their opinion of the ablity of LE/FBI to solve crimes might not be all that high. FBI investigated the older one and decided he was not a threat.
And then the older one's supposed best friend (with two others) was murdered, but the crime isn't solved to this day.

Arrogant and overconfident. If he did murder his friends and got away with it he may think he outsmarted LE.

Daily Mail is good for a laugh and the pics, not much more.

I'd also put the Mirror below DM in terms of reliability.

If we want to look across the pond for reliable reporting, investigstive journalism, etc, I'd go with the Guardian. If you think they're too "biased" (i dont, but its inevitable that someone will say it) then try the BBC. :twocents:

With all due respect,this assessmentis is but YOUR opinion...and our opinions on media are often based on whether we share the editorial and reporting world view of that media outlet. I wish we will would not stray into "rating" newspapers, media, etc because it causes us to stray into politics which the mods have asked us not to do.

I don't know guys.

If we can assume that TT was trying to disguise his face by wearing the cap and sunglasses, why on earth would he let DT go with so much of his face exposed?

There's just something so dang fishy about all of this. I can't shake this uneasy feeling.

Also did anybody see this? It's a caller from Watertown talking about how she saw a police SUV run over TT during the dexter st shoot out........

http://audio.weei.com/device/mobile...cribe-the-scene-on-dexter-st-in-watertown.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We don't know if these kids were well off or not. Just b/c they lived in a bad area means nothing. I've had friends from many countries, rich and poor, all chose to live in bad areas. They didn't care about paying a lot of rent either way.

Whoo Hoo,last night I made my 1st attempt at "tweeting". I sent the guy from the Daily Mail the info about the consulate van being seen at the New Bedford apartment compex. I just got a thank you Tweet back. Lets see if anything comes of it.

What kind of information are you looking for? I thought the reporting of this has been as straightforward as anything we could expect during an ongoing investigation. The feds believed that #2 lived part time with these guys and was clearly friends with them if he had pics of their car on his fb/twitter. And as their car had "terrorist" (in bright blue bubble letters! fgs) on the license plate, it makes sense that the feds would bring them in for questioning.

If they are here on student visas, etc., then of course their embassies would get involved while they are questioned as part of a terror investigation.

As I recall reading it, they were first questioned, then LE came back and brought in/arrested some subset of them.

When the entire LE effort was going down on Friday, I was near New Bedford and saw a huge convoy of maybe 30 marked and unmarked police cars, SUVs, etc all with lights on and driving super fast. Maybe around 3pm. Shortly after we read that they took these boys in, ziptied hands, etc. I don't expect the feds to announce all the leads they are following - clearly they are looking for accomplices or people who knew or helped or contributed. They will probably keep that info under wraps until they are more informed.

I don't think these guys are terrorists,as you said ,typical stupid college kids. I don't think you drive around with plates like that if you have sinister intentions.
What concerns me is the broader issue,why are we not being more diligent about immigration issues and if these guys are paying for their tuition or are the Mass. taxpayers?(meanwhile they have plenty of money to drive a car like that). But I'm going to move that discussion to the Political Pavillion.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can assume that because they are foreign the Mass taxpayers are footing their tuition. I'm not sure how you would make that leap.

I work at UMassD, and it is one of the more diverse universities I've worked for or attended. A huge proportion of the students there are foreign, or citizens who are first generation in the US. And yes, you'll see Mercedes in the student lots and old Hondas in the Faculty lots, as in most Universities, lol. It's one of the truisms of colleges and high schools everywhere - students driving more expensive cars than their teachers/professors.

I totally agree that a "real" terrorist wouldn't drive around with, essentially, "I'm a terrorist" vanity plates. And the bright girly bubble letter font it's printed in! Omg, no, I don't think this was a secret cell. I agree that it's boys playing tough-guy, the way guys used to dress like mafia dons and hang on corners smoking, looking shiftily up and down the street in my old neighborhood where the mafia hadn't been an issue since before they were born.

And this original photo was provided by a local runner here, Jacksonville Bch, FL.

Guy posted it on FB had no idea suspect #2 was in it till a friend zoomed in and notified his friend. Told the friend hey this looks like the guy seen in the fbi picture. The runner then notified LE, and this become the 1st clear picture LE had. The runner has been on the local news here.
News4jax.com

Giant kudos to that person!!!

Maybe just going downtown for questioning, records check? Not being arrested for anything at all clearly, not even pot. Handcuffs would be on and shoved in a cruiser.

I believe they took them in twice. That may be the first time.

Regarding the first photos released of the "innocent" guys. I think that worked very well for LE. Bombers were then driving around actually going into a 7-11???overconfident ???(cameras everywhere) thinking they were home free. Either they never planned an exit stategy if working alone , or whomever was supposed to help with exit strategy failed them, or if they were supported, planners wanted them killed in the end. IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macywesterham