trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. My daughter just arrived and told me my granddaughter is missing. She didn't come home last night, and didn't show up for work this morning, which is a first. She just turned 20.

Arisha, I am so sorry, prayers going up

What a nice girl Deanna is. I have a soft place in my heart for anyone who goes into special education, unlike ALV I can admit my bias since my sweet son has Down syndrome.

Last night I went to the online book filled with condolences for Travis and was absolutely awestruck by the quality of individuals his life had touched- page after page after page.

I consider myself to be a nice person, with a kind and generous heart, I have a wonderful group of friends, but I have to say I am almost 48 years old and have never had the impact on people like Travis did in such a very short life.

This world was a better place with him in it. Justice is coming for a very good man murdered at the hands of a horrible, unspeakable person. Jodi Arias didn't deserve to breathe the same air as Travis.

I hope his goodness haunts her until the day she gets the needle. It cannot come soon enough for my liking.

Beautiful post! Aww--I love Down's kids--they have special souls that only allow the good to shine from their hearts. My son is autistic--he's also that way.

My aunt, mother and friends are all in education, and my aunt is in special education. I've worked with elementary, middle & high school as a librarian. (My favorite is middle school--they are hilarious).

I also instantly connected to Deanna--she is a born nurturer. I'm sure she's contemplated how different things could have turned out if she or Travis made different decisions--it must be so hard. She gives me the feeling she's loving, warm & honest. I think the jurors feel it too.

Did anyone else catch this?

Barbara Waldron ‏@jumpbuttonsmom 38m

When Juan asked Deanna what Christmas she gave Travis the computer; she said she didn't remember. #jodiarias mouthed I would've remembered.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Mandy Morrell Mandy Morrell ‏@mandy_hearts 32m

@jumpbuttonsmom are you joking? Alas the context of twitter eludes me
Expand

Barbara Waldron Barbara Waldron ‏@jumpbuttonsmom 23m

@mandy_hearts No. She mouthed, I would've remembered." #jodiarias

I hope that Deanna's demeanor and testimony convinces the jury that Jodi was the instigator and made Travis very angry. Despite her soft voice, Jodi must have been unbelievably demanding and downright nasty to Travis for this kind, gentle soul to resort to swearing, name-calling, and angry outbursts when trying to deal with her. Jodi sits there in court trying to look meek and mild, but she is seething with hatred for everyone whom she feels ever did or said something negative to her or about her. She is one scary individual, and I wouldn't want to cross paths with her. :eek:

JA is the kind of person I've seen referred to as a "crazy-maker." I dated a couple of them myself -- one that was a certifiable narcissist, and another who just happened to have a number of personal traits that would "get my dander up." When I was dating them, they brought out the absolute worst in me, and I allowed their behavior to continually escalate the drama.

Now that I'm married to my low-key, no-drama husband, who brings out all the best, most accommodating parts of my personality such that we never even raise our voices to one another, it's hard to imagine that I ever lingered in those terrible, destructive relationships or thought that I could fix them with enough dedication or hard work. But I did, at least for awhile -- the drama itself can be thrilling and addicting, especially if there's some sexual chemistry involved, and the more effort and time you pour into a bad relationship, the more permanently invested you feel, even when you know it's bringing out things in you that you're ashamed of. I'm so grateful to have escaped that cycle. Perhaps I'm just projecting, but I think from all the testimony I've heard that TA was trapped in something very similar.

I have a feeling these will be sex-related. Nerve wrecking.

I hope not. So far the jury seems to be really good at asking technical questions instead of messing around in the 'muck' as it were.

I don't really know what questions I would ask her personally. But then again I don't really believe anything JA testified too honestly.

But, just a thought someone may be able to answer, depending on the question it has to go through the judge/attny's. So the questions may not be asked at all if they are about hearsay or anything the attny's don't want into play. Would that be true?

K

I believe when Travis per JA told her that Deanna gets jealous so to not be all cuddle was a down right lie and Travis probaly said something to the affect of my ex girlfriend is there and we are still friends and I don't want to throw our relationship in her face. Which to me is very normal, another words JA don't be so freaking clingy.. JMO

I wonder if the jury, even if they don't observe JA an awful lot, is put out by what appears to be sketching furiously in her own world. Maybe or maybe not? It would be bothering me...because if she were writing notes for questions or trying to aid in her defense, it would at least make sense. But she is doodling like a whackadoo.

When Juan asked Deanna what Christmas she gave Travis the computer; she said she didn't remember. #jodiarias mouthed I would've remembered.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Expand

but cant remember 29 stabs and slitting his throat. go figure :banghead:

Oh dear. My daughter just arrived and told me my granddaughter is missing. She didn't come home last night, and didn't show up for work this morning, which is a first. She just turned 20.

Arisha, I am so sorry, prayers going up

Sorry--I put my first post on the old thread--

I'm praying for the safe return of your precious granddaughter. Keep us posted.

Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Expand

O.M.G. really?????:eek:

I hope someone finds this soon and posts it. I am terrible at that kind of thing for some reason.

WOW! A spectator sold her seat in the spectator section for $200!!?? They were caught and money was returned.
This is according to Chris Williams on AZ Central.
This thing get crazier by the second!

I wonder why JSS asked Counsel to approach before Nurmi's cross and lunch.

I wondered that too.. I think it has to do with cross and arguments in camera. I think that the defense is going to open the door for stalker.. and Juan will get that in on redirect but idk.. just a guess

I hope someone finds this soon and posts it. I am terrible at that kind of thing for some reason.

they are about to play it on hln after this commercial of course

Of all the atrocities we've seen and heard throughout this trial, seeing Deanna on the stand and hearing her testimony is bringing Travis' living soul into the courtroom. Finally.

Don't know what this says about me, but seeing that picture of Naps peacefully sleeping in the little bed Deanna set up for him is breaking my heart. When that sweet pup passes away, she's going to have a really hard time. It'll be like she has to lose Travis all over again. I know this because I promised my grandma the day before she died that I'd take her beloved 16-year old kitty. And I did, and kept that old girl for 8 more years, and when it was her time, I was devastated.

Carry on, lol.

Can you post the picture of Napoleon?

Posted from the previous thread because it closed immediately after my reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuri
After listening to Deanna, it is obvious TA was not a physically abusive man. I would think that BECAUSE of his early life, he would not raise his hand to hit anyone.

Response:
I never thought Travis was an abusive person, however that's not to say he couldn't have been. I think he chose NOT to be, and I also think his grandmother's influence has been woefully under reported in this trial. Though I discount just about everything ALV had to say about the Travis and Jodi relationship and about them as individuals, some children who witness abuse or are abused themselves grow up to be abusers, abused or both. Moreover, many of us learn to "cope" with chaos and/or think drama or chaos is normal in our relationships. Sadly, we relate to the adrenaline rush and can find healthy relationships "boring" unless or until we figure it out. I think it was that part of Travis who was drawn to Jodi and her drama. She was sexual (and he wrestled with normal male urges of guys his age) and probably unlike any woman he had ever met. Exciting at first, but doesn't take him long to figure out that he's in over his head. While I think he came to understand fairly soon that she wasn't what he was looking for in a wife, I don't think he realized just how off/dangerous she really was until it was too late.

i wish they would have played the sound on the video juan showed today for the jury

Because it had Travis talking about a hold up and a gun I imagine the judge deemed it too prejudicial.

Did you guys check out that stupid look on Einstein's face when Deanna said she had Napoleon?

Kind of like she had always wondered what happened to Napoleon or maybe it was an "I should have known" look.

When JA testified on cross that Travis's closet was bigger than her jail cell...I knew then...whatever small amount of control or meds or both that is keeping her in line...it's not much. Hope she flat out goes into anger mode.

I wonder if the jury, even if they don't observe JA an awful lot, is put out by what appears to be sketching furiously in her own world. Maybe or maybe not? It would be bothering me...because if she were writing notes for questions or trying to aid in her defense, it would at least make sense. But she is doodling like a whackadoo.

Maybe the beyotch is tracing more photos of poor Tanisha!! It makes me vomit that this serpent just can't stop tormenting Travis' family. Gosh--I wish I could have 5 minutes alone with her (or maybe send in that buff Tesoro lady!! She would take Jodi to school for sure)

She seriously thinks that she "studied under" her high school art teacher. She's looney tunes. And I forgot, she has the intellect of Einstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong