trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who missed JVM let me give you the recap (hint: its the same as every night):

- SALACIOUS SEX TAPE!!!
- MORMONS HAVING SEX?!?!?!?
(Going into commercial break and shes still talking..I've never seen a host miss so many cut to commercial cues in my life. she does this all the time on her show)
- DR JUICY SEX DETAILS WITH TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- COMING UP AFTER THE BREAK WE'LL TELL YOU ALL THE SEX DETAILS FROM TODAY!!!!!
- Save the animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
- Jane dumpster dives to show all the good healthy food being thrown away and is stalking people in the aisle at the ORGANIC FOOD STORE

I noticed JVM has a habit of leaning in towards the camera as she talks and it was cracking me up. :floorlaugh:

You are right that she likes to keep bringing up the sex like Nurmi did. UGGGHHHH

I think that that was how Travis logged in on that computer--a laptop, right? I am curious why this activitiy has been brought up by both defense & Prosecution. The defense seems to want to describe the videos as sexual, Juan counters that==but it's important to someone.

Jodi claims in her story that she watched Travis looking at the videos--was this during her "stealth" act before she announced herself? Since Jodi talks about this video thing--it really makes me wonder if it is a lie.
I think its because the name of the video could easily be misconstrued to be something deviant or distasteful, were one so inclined. ;) 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' which is actually a music video by a band named Daft Punk.

im gonna go ahead and say she left the camera on purpose. its on top of the load in the washing machine. the camera isnt tangled in anything.

Why in such a major trial would the judge have any other trials going on at the same time? That does not sound correct to me.

If you look at her docket, it is full.

Okay, I don't really know what this means so I'm asking people here to confirm if I heard correctly and if so if anyone ever found out what it means and where I might find that info.

Nurmi asks Deanna if TA ever told her (what sounded like) he wanted to cork the pot of a little girl...the phrase in question for me is cork the pot...

Question starting at about 39:15
[video=youtube;g1GwwiSAEPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1GwwiSAEPk[/video]

That juror got it! She didn't just hit "delete all" she took the time to decide what to delete. Each picture is a 5 step process to delete, or you can delete groups. She was in a fog, and didn't know what she had done till she reached the Hoover Dam. Fog lifted long enough to know that she had to delete the photos, but it wasn't because she knew she had done something wrong, cause that didn't hit her till the Hoover Dam. Clear as mud to me!

Which means she had every intention of leaving the camera......now whether that goes to putting it in the washing machine on purpose or mistake, who knows. But someone was either IN those pics, or knew of their existence and JA wasn't going to take the chance of someone saying, "Hey, where's TA's camera? He had some cool pics on there......"

I wish a Mormon would chime in here and tell us if its really unusual for a young man and woman in their early 20's, who are living together, been together for several years, not dating anyone else, to enjoy sexual intercourse ... and what degree of a sin that is.

Juror #7 is the young guy we call Paul Rudd right? I didn't like those question for Deanna. They were about the Laws of Chastity and how detailed they were.. They were actually dumb questions IMO? They might want to leave him alone. Jodi and Willmott were definately eyeing one of them though.

The chastity questions were good questions for the PT. They clarified that the rules of the Law of Chastity was clear to most people, that there weren't loopholes. JA is lying that TA taught her that only vaginal sex counted.

The idea that anybody would think anal and oral sex was allowed under a rule called the "Law of Chastity" is ludicrous, especially when it's part of a religion like LDS which is known for being one of the stricter religions as far as rules of behavior. She knew what the Law meant and that she was breaking the rules. Just another case where she didn't want to take responsibility for her actions, and blamed someone else.

I don't know of any judge who handles one case at a time. Juggling a lot of balls at once comes with the robe and gavel.

I agree in normal cases, but this case is far from normal. Other major trials I have seen, the judge made it their only case and only priority. IMO I think the same should be done here to get this thing over with.

Question for any lawyers...

What else can Juan argue in the Agg phase besides the crime being cruel & pre-med?

I thought the juror question to Deanna about LDS and the Chastity Law was brilliant. I believe the motivation was to ask a Mormon herself about just how familiar chruchgoers and members are of the beliefs about premarital sex OF ANY KIND, any sexual contact whatsoever, are. This leads me to think that juror is questioning JA's vesrion of events pertaining to sex.

JA herself and by proxy through ALV told teh jury that TA fibbed to JA about what sort of sexual activities might be "okay" because they weren't "really" sex. And the suggestion was that JA believed him because how the heck was she to know?

The question gave Deanna a chance to tell the jury that it is known, it is discussed in those 3 hour church sessions JA attended, it is a familiar known thing to all who attend LDS services, classes, etc.

I liked that question. I did not find it dumb at all.
I LOVED that question. For me, the defense has tried to paint a picture of degrading, humiliating, debasing sex Jodi was manipulated and coerced into, sometimes consistent with IPV.

So not only did Jodi know the law of chastity and everything implied therein, it also shows she wasn't manipulated into believing some sex was better than other sex, which takes even more punch away from the humiliating experiences she was 'manipulated' into that she gleefully testified to.

For me, the icing on the rebuttal cake would be shelving testimony/demonstration.

Totally unnecessary. No one, not even a '5-year old' believes the; gun-in-the-closet lie. And here are two reasons:

1) If Travis really wanted to and said: 'kill you f--king b--ch' then, why didn't HE just grab his own gun? That would've done the trick, no?

and

2) If Travis did have this gun (which he didn't) then that would imply he would've known his own gun was loaded. So, when Arias pointed it at him, he would've stopped and cooperated, no?

It's really that simple. The gun is not the issue. No one is buying it.

The issue, if ANYTHING, is whether one dumb-downed juror will believe the domestic abuse lie. Which is really ironic in itself because they weren't a couple and there was no 'domain' to have any 'domestic' issues in.

It's really absurd and I believe all the jurors see this case for what it really is. Not painted to be.

I am of the belief Arias was attempting to frame Travis by putting salacious or pedophilia photos on his computer but couldn't access it. I believe she was an uninvited guest at Travis' house that day.

In fact I'll go this far, I don't think Travis took those nude photos of Arias. Why? He wasn't the type to 'get off' on watching *advertiser censored* and he certainly wasn't liking Arias at that time. Not after that text message of his.

That whole bed scene (I believe) was a set up. I don't think they had sex. I believe Arias had the gun pointed at him as he awoke. I believe the first time Travis saw her was around 1-2PM. Not 4AM. Because I don't believe he would agree to sleep with her. There is no way I can believe he knew she was coming over. As for her knowing what was on his computer at that time? Well....she was probably peering in the window and saw what he was watching. She's a cunning, sneaky, conniving, contriving, calculating sloth who didn't or couldn't take a hint.

She was going to set him up then kill him. It's that cut and dry. IMO of course.

I agree 100%. She used a timer to take the photos. You can tell by the look on her face that she was rushing to get into position before the timer went off.

JA, camera poses, deleted pics and computer use

I have always believed her trip to AZ was a last ditch effort. Win him back with incredible sex, go to Cancun, and live happily ever after. Or kill him and be done with it all for once and for all.

I wonder if she took the photos with the idea that she would somehow get onto the computer and email them to Mimi, as if they had come from TA. A sort of big ole honkin F YOU to Mimi if things went JA's way and he relented.

But she couldn't access his accounts, he didn't relent and take her back, she then thought she would use the photos for blackmail and he basically told her do your worst, everyone who know me knows you are a sociopath, you will be shunned, you will be reviled, but go ahead, do your worst.

Her worst was plan B. She did it. Her worst.

So then the pics become a liability rather than leverage. Now we must get rid of (delete) the pics, not only that but he didn't die easy like she'd imagined it. He made her cut her finger and now she bled on the danged camera, oh well, into the wash it went.

Which means she had every intention of leaving the camera......now whether that goes to putting it in the washing machine on purpose or mistake, who knows. But someone was either IN those pics, or knew of their existence and JA wasn't going to take the chance of someone saying, "Hey, where's TA's camera? He had some cool pics on there......"

IIRC there were pics from a day of 4-wheeling on the camera...

Nash, today was very good for the prosecution. Juan proved premeditation. But I guess because there are so many great comments here, we all knew it already and we all believe the jury gets it. I guess I was looking for more. Maybe I am just tired. I wish we could have a day where Nurmi and Wlmott have no questions whatsoever. I hated the way Nurmi treated Deanna when he is the one defending a murderer and then Travis family all broke down because their parents were trashed. I am so wanting to hear the jury say "guilty".
Actually, I think the Alexanders broke down because although Nurmi tried to be salacious and negative, Deanna presented a fair and balanced picture of their parents. She gracefully brought forward good things about the Alexander parents. The most poignant moment to me was when Deanna said that Travis loved his father and had forgiven him. I will never forget the looks on Samantha's and Steven's faces when she said that. Powerful.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG covering today's testimony...and what a good day for JUAN!!!

:great:

So far they are discussing Deanna's testimony.

I think that that was how Travis logged in on that computer--a laptop, right? I am curious why this activitiy has been brought up by both defense & Prosecution. The defense seems to want to describe the videos as sexual, Juan counters that==but it's important to someone.

Jodi claims in her story that she watched Travis looking at the videos--was this during her "stealth" act before she announced herself? Since Jodi talks about this video thing--it really makes me wonder if it is a lie.

I know, this has been bothering me too. When Jodi frets about something, she's usually trying to pull something off, a lie. But perhaps this is the only truth she has left. Maybe Travis was watching videos when she arrived, unplanned and unannounced, kept watching them to avoid blowing up at her and avoid talking. That's how she wormed her way in, along with the two hundred dollar payment check?? Who knows? Every time she wants something pointed out, she's lying about something. Confusing.

JVM annoying about Mormon sex, needs to shut it. jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member