trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst was when he closed with Deanna Reid with something like Travis not taking pictures of her anus. That was sad, really.

OK, I saw a post earlier on the previous thread about Nurmi "Pulling something" today in court, I had to leave to go pick up my brats, what was it that Nurmi "Pulled"? What did he do in court today? Thanks!

Who ever does the graphics for the parts of the trial they show at the beginning of Dr Drew has a wonderful since of humor. LOL

I totally agree that especially in high risk trials with violent offenders jurors should definitely be provided with much more anonymity, privacy and security. In the early 90's I was involved in a very large organized crime trial with over 30 defendants in the courtroom. The federal prosecutor chose to have the trial in a city in the midwest. The trial was 9 months long. Although the defendants came from all over, from Washing State to Florida to Boston, Chicago and Texas. The gallery was packed with all of their family and friends along with the media. It was definitely a circus.

The jury was sequestered at a historic hotel downtown near the Federal Courthouse. There were only about 4 places near the courthouse to eat lunch or have a drink and one of them was the restaurant inside the hotel.

One of the jurors was a good looking guy, in great shape, mid twenties. One evening a few weeks into the trial, he was sitting in the hotel bar having a drink and he was approached by a very attractive 20-something girl who was very flirtatious, who asked to buy him a drink and he accepted. They had several drinks together and moved out to the much more private ivy-covered patio to make out. They made plans to meet again the next night for drinks again. The next night, same thing, except while making out, she takes $10 grand out of her purse and offers it to him to vote not guilty no matter what and hang the jury. The next morning, he reported this to the sheriff and judge and he was dismissed from the jury and the judge was PIZZED, demanding from the defense attorneies to reveal who the woman was. Never found out.

A couple of weeks later, while court was in session, a 45-ish yr old juror's wife whop was pregnant with twins got a menacing visit from two thugs who told her that she better tell her husband to "get it right or there would be hell to pay"

Juror tampering and intimidation is of couse against the law but only if you get caught. A LOT of other crazy antics went on during that trial, just insane what people will do. That was in the early 90's before so many people were online, info seaches, myspace, facebook, twitter other digital footprints and easy to track. I can only imagine how easy it would be to track down jurors and harrass them, especially if the person only got a short sentence and was released with a nasty chip on their shoulder or had nasty friends do evil deeds for them.

I agree. Last year our local county banned cellphones from the courtroom (not just off, totally not allowed in the room). This happened because during a trial for a gang killing, gang members watching the trial were taking photos of the jurors and spreading the news that if the defendant was found guilty this was their new "hit list". YIKES! :eek:

Even with a manslaughter charge being added, I think the jury will reject it and go for the very worst charge they can give her. JMO

Agree, the Jury won't fall for it, however, in my opinion as a matter of principle it shouldn't be available.

MOO

lemme guess, the sound would have TA telling the mugging story which is eerily like JA's original ninja story. Way too prejudicial. Probably wasn't allowed in.

:banghead:

I really don't get that rule. Or at least how its been applied in THIS trial.

Seems like whatever really points to her guilt as a total MURDERESS ends up being deemed too prejudicial.

Uh duh.

:banghead:

Evidence that actually points to guilt is NEVER rejected as "prejudicial." That's not how the rule works. It is only for things that DON'T point to guilt but might get the jurors thinking in some irrelevant way about some other thing that might lead them to vote "guilty."

Travis telling a story about having a gun pulled on him is totally irrelevant to whether or not Jodi committed premeditated murder or manslaughter or acted in self-defense when she pulled a gun on him. It is also irrelevant to explain where Jodi got the "ninja" idea, because she's already admitted that was a lie.

If the fact that Jodi heard the story actually pointed toward her guilt, JM could have used it. In fact, I'm sure she would have admitted on the stand that she had heard the story from Travis at some point in their relationship. But it's irrelevant.

According to Beth - three more witness on the state rebuttal list. One of them the recalling the cute ME.
DT fighting having ANY of the three on the stand.

More disgust from me towards the DT.

imo

She wanted to smear Travis' good name even after death. That was part of her agenda. She even said she was counting down until she got caught.

She deleted the photos, just like the photos of Travis bleeding. But you're saying she wanted LE to recover these deleted photos even though they would prove she was there that day? That makes zero sense, especially for a sociopath who is desperate not to get caught.

Nurmi should hang his head in shame. But he won't because this is what he does for a living, revictimize victims (MOO).

His questions to Deanna were so low and distasteful. Asking her if TA ever sent her a picture of his penis, called her a three hole wonder, *advertiser censored*, told her she sounded like a 12 year old with an orgasm, and so on and so forth.

Disgusting. I mean a new LOW. and that says something because we've all seen how low the DT will go but today, that was just the shocking, disturbing cherry on top.

huh, different relationship indeed Nurmi. Nice of you to point it out to the jury. That JA is the only one TA engaged with these activities with. Can the same be said of your client?

That's okay take your time Nurmi, don't tax your brain.

No, they cannot get a juror booted for asking a question. I believe this is speculation that they are even doing that.

That being said, I believe they have been "stalking" the jury. And if they were talking about juror #7 today, and we hear in the next few days that juror #7 said or did "something" and they want them off, we will know why. :D

What did Juror #7 ask today?

I wish a Mormon would chime in here and tell us if its really unusual for a young man and woman in their early 20's, who are living together, been together for several years, not dating anyone else, to enjoy sexual intercourse ... and what degree of a sin that is.

I am not mormon either but I grew up in amish country and trust me.. I think it happens everywhere.. no matter what religion (without going into more detail then that :wink:)

:rockon: Thanks I saw that clip when HLN put it awhile ago. The story is creepy is like she put his impending death into play. :stormingmad:

Watch that video and listen to Travis' words. Then listen to JA's version of the nija story on 48 hours. It is almost word for word identical. She's using Travis' real life brush with death as her fairytale for killing him. :steamed:

I wish a Mormon would chime in here and tell us if its really unusual for a young man and woman in their early 20's, who are living together, been together for several years, not dating anyone else, to enjoy sexual intercourse ... and what degree of a sin that is.

Ex-Mo here. If they were living together....MAJOR RED FLAG! That might be grounds for "Dis-fellowship", kind of like being "shunned" until they got back on the "path to Righteousness". You would not be allowed to take the Sacrament or be an active part of any LDS church function or activity. You are basically "flaunting" your sinfulness.

Any of the others combined, a talk with the Bishop, confess your transgressions, if you have a Temple Recommend, you would have it invalidated, you would ask forgiveness and get back on the "path to Righteousness".

It's more of a forgivable sin now than when I was a Mormon. Was considered an excommunicationable sin.

According to Beth - three more witness on the state rebuttal list. One of them the recalling the cute ME.
DT fighting having ANY of the three on the stand.

More disgust from me towards the DT.

Does anyone have a link for the witness list? I have looked here and couldn't find one.

TIA

One thing that concerns me about Juan today....he didn't seem as focused as usual. He messed up regrading the time of the last INTERNET access. It was around the 4 pm hour, but he said 4 am. Then, he asked if it could have been detectives/officers that accessed it the day Travis' body was found. It was mentioned several times that it was accessed on June 4th, and his body wasn't found till 5 days later. Maybe it's just me, and maybe I got it wrong....but I don't think so. Just concerns me a little.

There were two computer times when the computer was accessed and an attempted access. One was after 4am with the YouTube videos. The next time was 4pm and it appears someone tried to access the computer but did not go any further. Internet access was at 4am with the videos. As far as LE trying to access it on June 4th I think JM was trying to show the only ones who could have tried to access it were Travis and Jodi since the crime had not happened yet. I don't think it was a mistake on JM's part, it was just very hard to figure out because even the Det. looked confused. The next person to access it would have been Det. MM.

JM did appear to be a little off today. Could it be the picture just released drawn by Jodi that they are showing online that appears to be a family member of Travis'? I know it upset me. Gives us a little insight into why Travis used the language he did if she did something to him that showed she had no boundaries. She really has none.

I disagree completely with all the above. JA had no idea she would be alleging pedophilia back on 6/4/08. She thought of that much later. If she thought of it then, she would have mentioned it in her journals at least. Travis knew she was there all along since 4am. She told Flores about watching those youtube videos with TA. She wouldn't know what TA was doing on his computer at that time unless she was there. She was there and TA let her in.

We also know TA, like almost every man, did like *advertiser censored*, from the phone audio and the text messages. He describe *advertiser censored* scenes he wants to video.

We also know they had sex that day because there was a KY bottle on the bed. It wouldn't be there unless they were having sex.

We also know that multiple times in the past they had big fights and made up and would later have sex. It's not the least unbelievable that they had sex that day, it's very believable.

:twocents:
Ummmm, no we don't. For all we know, Jodi could have easily placed it there as a photo prop to imply that sex was had, much like in Casey Anthony's trial they introduced the photo of Caylee reaching for the handle of the sliding glass door. Proves nothing, it did NOT prove that Caylee was able to open the heavy door on her own and did so, thereby climbing into the pool and drowning herself. It's quite a stretch...

Anybody thinking what I'm thinking about the next computer guy (Brown) Juan wants to call?? Today's witness worded his statement about no *advertiser censored* being on any of TRAVIS's devices oddly.
Geez - if it were on JA's computer, I'd have to cry with joy.

That does sound like something nurmi and willmott would want out - riiiiight?

I have to say the things the defense is trying to do is DISPICABLE. HOPE THE JURY SEES THROUGH THEIR NEW CRAP!!!I think they will. I also wonder if THEY HAD ANOTHER JUDGE IF THIS HEARSAY AND CRAP AND LAME THINGS WOULD BE LET IN I Doubt IT

What did Juror #7 ask today?
We don't know that Juror #7 asked anything today. Speculation that he was the source of juror questions following one of the rebuttal witnesses, but no proof. It's become a runaway train.

Well the panel on Dr. Drew just ripped Numi apart... Usually you get at least 1 apologist on there... Not tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK