trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I missed the first part today. So did someone from that SLC station testify?

Yes, she did.

IT manager from Tesoro.

All three transactions were for purchases of regular gasoline.

3rd gas sale transaction was rejected at the pump due to security programming. Forced JA to go inside to pay for the gas.

Good stuff! :great:

Was I the only one who was watching JA today using her pencil to darken her eyebrows during testimony? Truly bizarre behavior.

It also looked like she had her hands under the table doing something when DT was looking for Menendez (sp?) testimony... I really wish one time the bailiff or judge ANYONE would call her out and ask her what the hell she is up to.

This is my thinking on JS. She is inexperienced, and does NOT know where the line is of what is appealable (is that a word) and what will fly. She is letting the DT hold the threat of an appeal over her head, and they are wining.
Nobody wants someone who is innocent to go to prison. But what if JS bens so far the other direction, the result is a lesser sentence for JA than should rightfully be. That's not fair to Travis and his family. Seems the entire system errs far, far, far to the side of the perp rather than the victim.
We need an overhaul.

Yes! Many, many healthy and mentally stable, non-abusive men like *advertiser censored* (and some women too). The detective found no *advertiser censored* on any of Travis's computers, which only proves that he was nowhere near the sexual deviant that the defense has tried to portray. Indeed, it appears to me that he was trying to live up to the Law of Chastity as best he could. No matter how much the defense grasps, those straws are going to remain out of reach.

Exactly...I was thinking the same thing. No *advertiser censored* on a twenty-something or even thirty-something unmarried, single man's personal computer?? That should speak for itself. Every other thing in his life it seems like he was trying to stay true to his religion - only Jodi is the abnormal (tangent?) in his life. The jury should see that for what it is.
I was thinking that in everyone's life there are things that they would not want the whole world to know about - Travis' whole life has been revealed for everyone to see...and YET THE ONLY THING THEY CAN FIND TO USE AGAINST HIM is that he had sex with Jodi and sent her some not-so-nice text messages (which by the way were I'm sure very mild compared to what some other man would have sent her if provoked like that).
I was just thinking how lucky he is that he was so good in his life, can you imagine the things the defense would have thrown against him had he been like most normal people and had faults and things in their history they weren't proud of? That makes me so sad to think of what the defense would have portrayed him as then.

OMG! Me, too. Badboink and some other sites keep popping up when I'm scrolling this site from my IPad. What the hay?? :scared:

Funny how the content of our posts is so restricted by TOS yet the ads on WS try to force us to consume *advertiser censored*.

I'm reading that:

"Lisa will not go into how she and Travis began dating, or why, but there is a Steve Bell connected to this group that has had some serious troubles with the law immediately preceding the break up, and many following."
----------------------------------------
He may be the tire slasher it seems. That is why Juan won't go in the territory of "stalking".

I don't remember hearing about him... I just googled him after reading your response and found out he was the roommate that TA kicked out...

What do you suppose he knows?

That's exactly what I said upstream a few pages. Thank you.:seeya:
Seg - sorry to repeat. I didn't read back. I was out kicking rocks to get my anger at the DT out, so I couldn't bother reading back pages. lol
Great minds and all that.

I think Deanna was a wonderful witness. Especially on cross, where she was able to say that Travis was so proud of his father in the end of his father's life. He was clean of drugs and an addiction is very hard on everyone. That's when Samantha and Steven Alexander cried and I cried, too. I kinow Travis and his siblings had a hard life- so did their parents.

It was a lovely day for Travis' family. Juan did good.

I could see the look of gratitude on Samantha's face that someone was finally saying something positive about their family. Deanna did a brave thing today talking about things none of us would want to say in front of such a large audience. She's a good friend to T-Dogg :)

This is my thinking on JS. She is inexperienced, and does NOT know where the line is of what is appealable (is that a word) and what will fly. She is letting the DT hold the threat of an appeal over her head, and they are wining.
Nobody wants someone who is innocent to go to prison. But what if JS bens so far the other direction, the result is a lesser sentence for JA than should rightfully be. That's not fair to Travis and his family. Seems the entire system errs far, far, far to the side of the perp rather than the victim.
We need an overhaul.

I have to disagree. Any judge's major concern is being reversed on appeal. They are aware of every standard and if they're not sure they'll ask someone who is or research it themselves (through their clerk or personally). She's been assigned to this case for a while. She knows what's appealable error and what isn't, imo.

If she's erring on the side of caution, it's because she knows that appeal issues in a dp case are somewhat malleable based on the specific facts of the case at hand. jmo

So JA picks things from conversations she hears and weaves them into her "reality". She also steals from movies and tries to weave that into her realities. like the journal entry about Travis liking the name Reagan (Pres. R. Reagan) Travis also liked the name Hinkley for a boy (guy who shot Pres. Reagan) Iris from the movie taxi (jodi Foster played her) she is also the reason Hinkley shot Reagan (trying to impress Jodi) The name of the taxi driver in the movie was TRAVIS (Robert DeNiro) All of this was taken from the movie 'Taxi' I guess she really identified with that movie because of the Travis/Jodi connection.

Has anyone else noticed when Travis said anything remotely 'sexual' like you sound like a 12 yr.....JA always asks him to repeat himself, pretending like she didn't hear it, just so she could make sure it was clear and "on the record"?

WOW, real creepy about that movie :escape:

Can someone clarify the email Nurmi had Deanna read?? The YouTube video had no sound during this portion. Who was it from and who was it to? (I guess Travis is saying he did something upardonable to her?)

I may be late answering (catching up) but it was an email Travis sent to Chris Hughes saying he had done something unpardonable to Deana. Nurmi asked her what it was (I am sure he wanted her to say he hit her or something like that). Deana said Travis was saying dating her for so long and not marrying her was unpardonable because she was now past prime age for dating (paraphrased).

BBM~ Would you up for a mistrial? We are over the hump now... it's all downhill from here on. :martini:

We need an overhaul.

I heard that and I was really curious as to how he mentioned specifically Travis Alexanders, which leads me to believe that Brown has something else for us.
Hopefully he got something off JA broken hard drive. Why would she bury her laptop in a laundry basket if nothing incriminating was on it?
JA's hard drive was reparied - well, let me rephrase that - the hard drive of her computer was repaired, and wouldn't you just love to see what's on there?

That will be a hoot watching Wilmont questioning Dr. Horn again. If you are bored, re-watch her cross-examine him. Plus, the doctor is fine, even while glaring at Wilmont.

Hello, he is fine. I first confessed my crush on Juan to hub, then Doc H testified and I admited to a certain tingle, and finally I copped to my girl crush on Doc D. My husband says I'm just a *@$& for the prosecution.:floorlaugh:

She is allowed to plead for her life. Ick.

You do realize this is likely to be an epic soliloquy. Her hypergraphia is in overdrive, and I would expect her to prepare a fifty page written statement laden with nays, naughts, and edifys.

:rocker: That's on the one i'm reading. :) Great article!

Here is more on Thomas Brown, I found this info on a website called "Blink On Crime";

"Thomas Brown, a former roommate of Travis Alexander in the home of his murder, was interviewed up to three times by Detective Flores whereby he told them that Jodi had open access to the home when he was around and the Arias he knew was completely shy and somewhat awkwardly withdrawn. He was having a hard time picturing her do this without help and he told cops that.

He also told them something about Travis being shocked to get the call that Jodi Arias was standing outside the home the early morning hours of June 4, 2008 and that he had been up all night performing some sort of protection rite. Brown’s information was not included in any information given to the defense and he was not even aware his name came up in the investigation by Jodi Arias herself. I would expect that issue to surface promptly as well"

If the DT could produce somebody ANYBODY who could testify to Travis having any sort of an inkling of abusive, explosive traits, they would have testified by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member