MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

At least two of the victims appear to be Jewish. Could that have been a motivation?
That's one of the questions that came up immediately. I would think the answer is yes.

Of the three men who were murdered, only Brendan Mess was a resident, right? So the other two were visitors. One way that one person can murder three people like this is to do it one at a time.

Brendan may have been at his house alone when the murderer arrived. So he may have been murdered first. Then the other two guys arrived while the murderer was still there, arriving either separately or together. More difficult if they arrived together, but not impossible. Much easier to murder each one separately.

We do not have enough info to know if one or two or all three bodies had "drag marks" on their bodies. (I am assuming this must be a second floor apartment accessed by either exterior or interior steps.) But something made police believe there was dragging involved.

The neighbor believed that five men lived there. Sounds like there were lots of guys about the place a lot. And perhaps lots of cars outside? In fact, did anyone other than Brendan actually live there?

Re: Police writing this off as a drug related murder
Certainly sounds plausible, on the surface at least. But I agree, it sounds like more of a "statement". Wonder if anyone other than the local force investigated? For triple murder, I would hope that State investigators were brought in.

Coincidentally, yesterday I read an article about the sisters. One of them got into a physical altercation with her boyfriend in which she slapped him. Someone called the police - article didn't say who. When police arrived they arrested her for Domestic Violence AND arrested the boyfriend for possession of a "large amount of marijuana" that was found in a closet. (Sorry for no link on this. I read SO many articles yesterday, but I know it was mainstream media.)

It is my belief that the younger Bomber was dealing marijuana and that explains where the money was coming from. And maybe the older brother was doing the same prior to the onset of the hyperreligiosity.

I know I read that the bodies were found in seperate rooms. They could have been dragged after death to a place less visible to other people coming in. Each of the men arriving at different times makes sense.

There seems to be so little info about the crimes it's hard to really make a judgement on a lot of things.

Of the three men who were murdered, only Brendan Mess was a resident, right? So the other two were visitors. One way that one person can murder three people like this is to do it one at a time.

Brendan may have been at his house alone when the murderer arrived. So he may have been murdered first. Then the other two guys arrived while the murderer was still there, arriving either separately or together. More difficult if they arrived together, but not impossible. Much easier to murder each one separately.

We do not have enough info to know if one or two or all three bodies had "drag marks" on their bodies. (I am assuming this must be a second floor apartment accessed by either exterior or interior steps.) But something made police believe there was dragging involved.

The neighbor believed that five men lived there. Sounds like there were lots of guys about the place a lot. And perhaps lots of cars outside? In fact, did anyone other than Brendan actually live there?

Re: Police writing this off as a drug related murder
Certainly sounds plausible, on the surface at least. But I agree, it sounds like more of a "statement". Wonder if anyone other than the local force investigated? For triple murder, I would hope that State investigators were brought in.

Coincidentally, yesterday I read an article about the sisters. One of them got into a physical altercation with her boyfriend in which she slapped him. Someone called the police - article didn't say who. When police arrived they arrested her for Domestic Violence AND arrested the boyfriend for possession of a "large amount of marijuana" that was found in a closet. (Sorry for no link on this. I read SO many articles yesterday, but I know it was mainstream media.)

It is my belief that the younger Bomber was dealing marijuana and that explains where the money was coming from. And maybe the older brother was doing the same prior to the onset of the hyperreligiosity.

This new article says all three were dragged to separate rooms.

They were three strong men who sources said were dragged to separate rooms and slaughtered.
LINK

In 2011, an article said they were dragged upstairs, which makes little sense to me.

All three strong young men had been dragged to the second story apartment at 12 Harding Avenue.

LINK

BM did have a criminal record for assault in 2010, and a drug arrest from 2004.

September 14,2011
In 2010, Mess and another man were arrested after they allegedly assaulted several people at a 711 convenience store, according to a Cambridge police log.
LINK

November 16, 2004
Police obtained a search warrant and a search of BM and the vehicle revealed approximately 30 grams of marijuana, approximately 17 grams of cocaine, a digital scale, approximately $1,100 in cash and other drug paraphernalia.
LINK
LINK
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041118/NEWS/411180330/1003/NEWS02

It was a Sunday night and friends and relatives say that none of the three men answered calls after about 8:15 PM 9/11/11.

The Russian request, to the FBI, to investigate TT was already in full swing.

Brendan's new girlfriend was described as having "swooped in out of nowhere," was transient, from Somalia and was either friends or friendly with TT.

Note: I thought the father left Russia because he was being threatened/pursued. This is the first I've heard that the father left the US for any reason other than brain cancer.

This Canadian Aunt said the father of the bombers was "beaten in the streets of Boston?"

According to this website, the population of Somalia is 100% Muslim: http://web.archive.org/web/20061214023655/http://www.mepc.org/workshops/popstat.asp

I would say the chances are pretty good the girlfriend was/is Muslim, which might explain why she was friendly with TT.

"knife or icepick," the autopsy wording of "forced trauma" and so on sure makes it sound like they were stabbed repeatedly in the neck, rather than slit. jmo

Correction: "sharp force injuries" was the autopsy wording I was thinking of. Just got it wrong.

Agreed. I didn't know the date of the triple murders when I started researching the incident, and you could've knocked me over with a feather when I read September 12. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but it's not easy to brush off the date as coincidence considering the other circumstances.

Here's a tweet from the younger brother that mentions 911.

Now, if this tweet was made just before Sep 11th last year, then I would have thought it related to him being made a US Citizen in the coming days, but it was made on March 13th this year.
Who knows? Was it a memory tweet and he too involved in the murder at 17 years of age?

Just putting this out there.

https://twitter.com/J_tsar/statuses/312338872128389120

"knife or icepick," the autopsy wording of "forced trauma" and so on sure makes it sound like they were stabbed repeatedly in the neck, rather than slit. jmo

Autopsy says sharp force injuries to the neck, which could mean throat slit.

With an ice pick? Still sounds like a stabbing to me.
I agree. The fact that an ice pick was even suggested as a weapon indicates a particular type of wound. Now it wasn't an official statement. A reporter attributed the statement to an anonymous LEO, so we have to take it with a grain of salt. It still remains that the story appears to have changed since the bombings. On the one hand, it doesn't make a difference because either way it is horrific. On the other, it could be a relevant clue in determining who is responsible. IMO

I came across the quote in a Time magazine:

According to the source in the regional capital of Makhachkala, who spoke to TIME on Monday, Tsarnaev was monitored by Russian counterterrorism forces for at least one month in 2011 and throughout his six-month stay in Dagestan last year. “There wasn’t enough time [in 2011] to come to any conclusions about the extent of his involvement [in Islamist extremism],” the source says, asking to remain anonymous due to the sensitivity of the matter. “So we asked our American colleagues to follow up.”

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/04/22/tsarnaev-in-dagestan/#ixzz2RLEfTdQ5

The way I understand the article is that TT was in Dagestan in 2011. It raises the question whether TT was in the US on 9/11/2011. Or is the date 9/11 sandwiched in between two trips TT took to Dagestan within a 12 month span?

That was the COD but it would be interesting to see the the full autopsy report. There may have been other small circular puncture wounds. If so, these type of wounds would not have caused death but may have looked similar to something caused by either the tip of a sharp knife or an icepick. Something must have made them think "knife or icepick."

I was checking out the memorial page for EW on Facebook and it broke my heart. Has anyone found information that associated him with marijuana or anything? Does it seem to make sense that he would be involved with drug activities? Not sure if there is any info out there. Perhaps he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time? He seemed like he was very devout with his Judaism. The date of the murder does make me wonder if there is a link between their religion and the murder. I read online a personal blog of a guy saying that the method of death seemed very reminiscent of daniel pearl. Not sure what to make of that. Just my own thoughts.

Just checked out the memorial page on Facebook of the other victim RT and it appears his family and possibly he was Jewish as well. Did we know this? I am not overly familiar with the case.

Just checked out the memorial page on Facebook of the other victim RT and it appears his family and possibly he was Jewish as well. Did we know this? I am not overly familiar with the case.
Yes, we've established that RT and EW were both Jewish.

I was checking out the memorial page for EW on Facebook and it broke my heart. Has anyone found information that associated him with marijuana or anything? Does it seem to make sense that he would be involved with drug activities? Not sure if there is any info out there. Perhaps he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time? He seemed like he was very devout with his Judaism. The date of the murder does make me wonder if there is a link between their religion and the murder. I read online a personal blog of a guy saying that the method of death seemed very reminiscent of daniel pearl. Not sure what to make of that. Just my own thoughts.
He was arrested in 2008 for possession and intent to distribute.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...9/15/police_id_3_victims_in_waltham_killings/

I wonder why EW's arrest was noted at the time of the murders, but BM's arrests were not.

I came across the quote in a Time magazine:

The way I understand the article is that TT was in Dagestan in 2011. It raises the question whether TT was in the US on 9/11/2011. Or is the date 9/11 sandwiched in between two trips TT took to Dagestan within a 12 month span?

I don't remember the exact dates, but the his first trip was late 2010 extending into early 2011. He was in the US in September 2011.

That was the COD but it would be interesting to see the the full autopsy report. There may have been other small circular puncture wounds. If so, these type of wounds would not have caused death but may have looked similar to something caused by either the tip of a sharp knife or an icepick. Something must have made them think "knife or icepick."

On Outfront (cnn) it was described as throat slit from ear to ear.

I have a hinky feeling the murder was not drug related.
I think it relates to MMA and the father's statements abot anyone who hurts my son there will be hell to pay.
We have heard he is violent. Per the girl who got facials from the mom.
People in Russia feared him.
Was he here in the states on 9/11/11?

I know TT went there 3 months later and the dad was there.
I am NOT saying either of them did anything, but could it have been a hit?

That is what I think.
A hit with witnesses. Related to TT and DT but not by the family?

Is that ok to post? If not please delete.

I thought glass pies were related to smoking meth and crack :waitasec:
more than pot anyway.
Bongs,hookahs and paper are more common no?

Hey I didn't do it, but I knew/know people that do. I'm in the south so maybe it is different here.
I have only seen 2 glass pipes for mj. In the 20+ years I have been exposed to people who choose to use it.

I however have never seen those glass bulb meth pipes in real life.

Clearly I don't know jack.

Umm 1. When you smoke weed out of glass it is usually called a bowl not a pipe.

2. Hookahs are for flavored tobacco NOT weed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back