trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering why Deanna, on the stand yesterday, was not asked by Prosecution if she ever saw or knew about a gun in Travis's closet. Why wasn't she asked?

Also, although we all suspect it's a lie, Jodi testified that Travis had just recently bought it, so it would be out of DR's area of knowledge, since she presumably hadn't been in TA's bedroom in the last few months of his life. I think it would have been a pointless question.

Threats against Wilmott.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-against-defense-attorney.html?nclick_check=1

If the link doesn't work, go to azcentral.com. It is on the front page. For some reason the link tells me to enable cookies so it isn't working for me.

This kind of thing is just wrong. Why do people lower themselves to be the kind of people they say they despise? Because threatening to harm, and/or attempting to ruin the careers of attorneys and witnesses is despicable behavior. :twocents: and :cow:

Wanted to post this for Travis today.

elephant_tricks_photo_art-rf8a10eb77ded48ea9d897dcb3dde8a98_f65d5_8byvr_512.jpg

Presenting - The Juanettes

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

If I was on that jury, I would leave the courthouse and go home.
When I got home, I would have a stiff drink, tell everyone not to
disturb me and then go to bed.
Those poor jurors have got to be mentally exhausted.

I think they are in much better shape than one's who are sequestered. They actually get to sleep in their own beds, take their dogs for a walk, run in any of the weekend Marathons that are going on, hug their DH, DW, kids or BF,GF, heck, they can lay out by the pool on off days if they want.
They're probably frustrated that this is not done and over with, JA may THINK she can make the jurors suffer at all her and her attorneys' stalling tactics, but they get to go home, she goes back to her cell everyday:rockon:

Threats against Wilmott.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-against-defense-attorney.html?nclick_check=1

If the link doesn't work, go to azcentral.com. It is on the front page. For some reason the link tells me to enable cookies so it isn't working for me.

Oh dear. I've seen this playbook in the skeptical community and now with LaViolette and Willmott where, in the absence of credible threats, simple disagreement with their goals and methods are seen as "harassment". Heck, I would like to do anything I want and be free from being criticized for it too.

As far as the death threats, two of them, neither of which was deemed credible, all I can say is I bet Mr. Rogers got "death threats". That's what happens when you rise in the public eye where you've got 700 million eyes (generally two per person) and an irreducible percentage of the population are nuts, trolls, attention-seekers and maybe just very drunk with access to someone’s publically accessible voicemail.

As a blogger, I used to get "death threats" which ran the gamut from wishing a bus ran me over to "I have a bullet with your name on it". I used to send these people a Google Map (actually, probably MapQuest back then) of my address just so they couldn't claim to get lost. The one thing I didn't do was make a transparent appeal to pity.

Alyce LaViolatte feels "harassed" because people wrote nasty reviews and questioned whether she's the sort of speaker you want to have and, in this high-profile case, the lead actor dragging Travis Alexander's corpse through chit and broken glass can only rack up two lame death threats.

Have some perspective.

And JA KNEW those gas cans and gas purchases would prove her premeditation.
That's why she destroyed the third receipt.

Exactly, people wonder why she would lie, she had to and she hoped for the best. That cross by Juan is so interesting to watch, we know for certain she is lying yet there don't seem to be any indicators in her body language to pick up on....watch it. Scary stuff for off the cuff lying in a court of law

I use my DD's old abandoned desktop, that already has a virus, to go see the JAII site. I would be afraid of going there with my laptop.

About the confession. Over at that site, many believe that Jodi only confessed because she mistakenly believes she killed Travis. They think that she blanked out after she had to defend herself from his attack on her. And she ran away, then his roommates came in and killed him and staged the scene. They did this as a Mormon ritual of some kind, since he was breaking the rules or something.

Seriously, I am not joking. That is what they actually believe. :stormingmad:

Well there went my lunch. These people at the innocent site are ???????
I know what I want to put but afraid I will be put in TO.

From my one time on a jury, I would guess there would be people that will be "devil's advocates," and argue that she's innocent, and drag the process out much longer than it needs to be. Sorry to say that, but I'm steeling myself for any possibility! :moo::stormingmad::jail:

I think you're exactly right. Same thing happened in the case I was on. There was one juror who thought his job was to be Sherlock Holmes, and to "prove the case"; the rest of us finally convinced him that his job was only to evaluate the evidence.

I suspect this jury will be out for days, especially if there are jurors who want to discuss each piece of evidence.

Any word on the outcome of this morning's hearing?

I use my DD's old abandoned desktop, that already has a virus, to go see the JAII site. I would be afraid of going there with my laptop.

About the confession. Over at that site, many believe that Jodi only confessed because she mistakenly believes she killed Travis. They think that she blanked out after she had to defend herself from his attack on her. And she ran away, then his roommates came in and killed him and staged the scene. They did this as a Mormon ritual of some kind, since he was breaking the rules or something.

I am so relieved that there is a definition to the word More-on. I thought it was just moron...but now I know it's more.

Arias trial: Death threat made against defense attorney

By Michael KieferThe Republic | azcentral.comWed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 AM

In the court of public opinion, the penalties of defending Jodi Arias or testifying in her behalf are threats against your career or even your life.

A Maricopa County chief deputy sheriff said the Sheriff’s Office looked into two matters regarding Arias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott and confirmed that at least one of them was a death threat made from out of state.

“It was not even credible,” said Deputy Chief Jack MacIntyre, and he said that Willmott did not want to aid in prosecution, so there would be no ongoing investigation.

But a transcript of another voice mail to Willmott, which was obtained by The Arizona Republic, said, “You don’t have to return my call, but I’m just telling you: If Jodi, if you get her off of the death penalty, we will find you, we know where you’re at, we will kill you. I told Alyce the same thing, and we’re tired, and we’re sick and tired of you defending this person, and we will get you.”

Read more:

Sorry, this type of behavior is so wrong on so many levels. The realities are those in this country are not only entitled but required (unless you do it yourself) to have a lawyer assist you in defending your self of criminal charges. There is no law that says we as a society have to like the lawyer or like the chosen type of defense, but to make threats against this is disregarding the constitution of the united states, which seems to be something some seem to do on a regular basis.

And JA KNEW those gas cans and gas purchases would prove her premeditation.
That's why she destroyed the third receipt.

And "Einstein" didn't have a clue that the credit card STATEMENT could be obtained by the prosecution. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Presenting - The Juanettes

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes: :juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:
Does the one third from the right have extra long legs?? I think that's ME!!!!
Thanks for posting us! lol

Wow. Just when I didn't think people get any more stupid, I'm surprised again!

Oh my. Why do I do this to myself? Thinking myself to have 'gotten over' the KC verdict I watched the KC jurors interview. I'm seriously going to throw up! Didn't look at any evidence! Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant.

I'm not doing anything silly like looking at any KC stuff anymore. *shivers* It's not my fault anyway. It's the pretty Judge's fault. One minute we're having an open hearing and the next minute it's closed! ;)

:seeya:Rose-Was this recently or after the verdict came in..I don't want to miss this if it happen recently-TIA

Oh dear. I've seen this playbook in the skeptical community and now with LaViolette and Willmott where, in the absence of credible threats, simple disagreement with their goals and methods are seen as "harassment". Heck, I would like to do anything I want and be free from being criticized for it too.

As far as the death threats, two of them, neither of which was deemed credible, all I can say is I bet Mr. Rogers got "death threats". That's what happens when you rise in the public eye where you've got 700 million eyes (generally two per person) and an irreducible percentage of the population are nuts, trolls, attention-seekers and maybe just very drunk with access to someone’s publically accessible voicemail.

As a blogger, I used to get "death threats" which ran the gamut from wishing a bus ran me over to "I have a bullet with your name on it". I used to send these people a Google Map (actually, probably MapQuest back then) of my address just so they couldn't claim to get lost. The one thing I didn't do was make a transparent appeal to pity.

Alyce LaViolatte feels "harassed" because people wrote nasty reviews and questioned whether she's the sort of speaker you want to have and, in this high-profile case, the lead actor dragging Travis Alexander's corpse through chit and broken glass can only rack up two lame death threats.

Have some perspective.

:drumroll::goodpost::tyou::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members