trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't allowed to post yesterday, so gonna post it now.

IMO, the reason that the 3 different transactions for gas is so important to prove that she had 3 gas cans, is one, the lie that she returned it.

But more important, is that she actually TWICE filled up those cans, and BOTH TIMES she filled 2 of them together, and 1 seperately.

This PROVES she was purposely trying to keep the 3rd gas can out of the equation.

Also, IMO, the reason she had to use her credit card on the 3rd transaction in SLC was because she was actually out of cash.

Her car held approximately 10 gallons - since she didn't run it out and probably had a 12 gallon tank.

The 2 gas cans held the other close to 10 gallons. She CLEARLY knew she could shut down the pump or just stop the pump mechanism to move it over to fill the other can. She could have filled the 3rd one the same way, but she didn't.

Goes BIG TIME to premeditation!!!!!

But why did she use TWO credit card transactions for the first part? I undertsand about one for the 5gal one she wanted to hide, but why would she use two swipes for the rest? Also if she was so careful about that third gas can, why did she keep the Wal-Mart receipt? Do you think she just didn't notice that she put that in the box with the other receipts?

This was a good video but I do wish you would've given a warning that it's graphic. I managed to not look at the picture of TA's cut throat until now. :(

Thank you so much for posting this. It is good. I am actually not done watching all of it it, because I had to turn it off when my son came home from school.

the whole gas can thing still baffles me. I'm glad she lied repeatedly about the 3rd can, because now she's caught in a major lie, but why would she ever need to use any of the gas in the cans? so why keep any of the receipts? but the thing that really baffles me is this--did she think they wouldn't find out about the rental car? or that they wouldn't notice that the miles she put on the rental would match up with a trip to mesa first? why go through all that with the gas cans when the rental mileage gives you away?

Her original story was to save money by buying gas outside of California (in the cans), the rental car was because her car was a gas hog, and being in the desert for the cans.

If you noticed when JM showed her the bank statement with the three purchases of gas in SLC - the rental car amount was up there as well at $233.00. First thing I asked myself is if one wanted to save money on a trip, what would be cheaper, using my own car, thus saving the $233.00 charge which could be put forth to pay for the gas for the whole trip or renting a car and still having to pay for maybe a bit less gas ?

But that IQ of 119 couldn't figure that out...nor could it figure out 2800 miles on a rental car would not equate to the trip she said she took. Must have failed the math part of that test.

hope the storm we are supposed to get does not make me miss anything today..
:rockon:

Arias trial: Death threat made against defense attorney

By Michael KieferThe Republic | azcentral.comWed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 AM

In the court of public opinion, the penalties of defending Jodi Arias or testifying in her behalf are threats against your career or even your life.

A Maricopa County chief deputy sheriff said the Sheriff’s Office looked into two matters regarding Arias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott and confirmed that at least one of them was a death threat made from out of state.

“It was not even credible,” said Deputy Chief Jack MacIntyre, and he said that Willmott did not want to aid in prosecution, so there would be no ongoing investigation.

But a transcript of another voice mail to Willmott, which was obtained by The Arizona Republic, said, “You don’t have to return my call, but I’m just telling you: If Jodi, if you get her off of the death penalty, we will find you, we know where you’re at, we will kill you. I told Alyce the same thing, and we’re tired, and we’re sick and tired of you defending this person, and we will get you.”

Read more:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-against-defense-attorney.html?nclick_check=1

Wow! As much as I despise the way Wilmott and Nurmi have approached their defense of JA... This is just wrong.

I keep defending the process here and the attorneys but it;s not because I like the defense or the delays. However, it is reality. This court does have a lot of delays and a short schedule for the trial but she's handling more than just this case and since this is a televised, high profile case with a non-sequestered jury, lots of things come up that don;t normally.

Yes, Nurmi is slow and both seem redundant in questioning but JM has been redundant as well. I don;t think any of the attorneys have excessively delayed these proceedings outside what other attorneys in such cases do.

I see zero evidence that the judge lacks control of her courtroom.

The only thing she does that really bothers me is constant sealed hearing and chambers conferences. The public has a right to know much of what's going on. I don't think it's very constitutional.

Yes, it;s called the insider observation thread but frankly, even though it;s not supposed to be a discussion thread it's turned into that. I don;t bother going much anymore because it takes too long to wade through the posts to find the actual insider observations! :scared:

Thanks, Gitana, particularly for your patience and willingness to repeatedly instruct regarding the process. It must be difficult at times.

Exactly, people wonder why she would lie, she had to and she hoped for the best. That cross by Juan is so interesting to watch, we know for certain she is lying yet there don't seem to be any indicators in her body language to pick up on....watch it. Scary stuff for off the cuff lying in a court of law

And I might add : that kind of lying doesn't develop over-nite, imo.

That's my conundrum too.

At first I gave her the benefit of doubt of carrying on with her escapades (of either buying cheaper gas out of state and/or....as added protection from running out in the desert) but then it dawned on me. The gas was actually more expensive in Utah than California (I linked my findings in an earlier post) and....her drive home from SLC was all highway driving.

So....I've semi-concluded, we're missing something. Like....let's say, Matt? Perhaps Matt met her (like she kinda said in her testimony which again, I linked in an earlier post) and some of the petrol was to fill his car up.

Perhaps she filled 10 gallons (extra) to set fire to the evidence?

I was of the mind-set that I thought originally she brought the gas to burn down Travis' house but a roommate showed up and foiled that plan.

I'm tellin' you Sleuthers....we do NOT have the entire story yet (or ever....) as much as the State is trying to present a cohesive scenario. It still does not make thorough sense.

This drives me nuts as well. Why refill the cans????? Can someone help clarify for me the timeline of when she borrowed the cans and bought the one can to when she first filled up to when she next filled them up and was this before or after she was grinding on the guy in Utah? Thanks.

Her original story was to save money by buying gas outside of California (in the cans), the rental car was because her car was a gas hog, and being in the desert for the cans.

If you noticed when JM showed her the bank statement with the three purchases of gas in SLC - the rental car amount was up there as well at $233.00. First thing I asked myself is if one wanted to save money on a trip, what would be cheaper, using my own car, thus saving the $233.00 charge which could be put forth to pay for the gas for the whole trip or renting a car and still having to pay for maybe a bit less gas ?

But that IQ of 119 couldn't figure that out...nor could it figure out 2800 miles on a rental car would not equate to the trip she said she took. Must have failed the math part of that test.
unless she lied about throwing them in the desert:desert:

That's not good... it shouldn't happen, ever.

That said .. I can see how the Jenny and Jodi show would be really offensive to people watching. I'm thinking the jury might not appreciate it either.

Agree. Also, shouldn't a DA be used to this? I am quite sure that DA and PA both are prone to threats. Should have picked a different career is they can't handle it.

I am not saying it is right, as it isn't, but I cannot imagine it to be uncommon. :twocents:

Not only that, but there are people who lack compassion and cannot tell the difference between right and wrong. Nobody deserves to be slaughtered like TA was. No reasonable human being can possibly think that JA's actions were justified. I hope scientists are working on a vaccine for st00pid, because these people should get one.:twocents:

The difference between heat of passion is a stab to the heart or shot to the head minus the 27/29 other stabbings and the cut throat. What was done to Travis was rage that involved no human emotions what-so-ever!!!!

Sorry, this type of behavior is so wrong on so many levels. The realities are those in this country are not only entitled but required (unless you do it yourself) to have a lawyer assist you in defending your self of criminal charges. There is no law that says we as a society have to like the lawyer or like the chosen type of defense, but to make threats against this is disregarding the constitution of the united states, which seems to be something some seem to do on a regular basis.

Well said.

This article is by Michael Keifer. He has a very well documented habit of embellishing. He's just trying to get a rise out of people and possibly get Jodi a mistrial.

I'm aware of him. I also don't think any of this gets Jodi a mistrial. I do know that some people act out and I think that is wrong. I do not like JA, or Wilmott or Nurmi-and I thought their experts were embarrassing. Those feelings would never make it directly to any of them, because my opinions and feelings are immaterial to this case. moo

OMG..
Husband fell thru an attic floor and landed on his face. On my way to er in Chlt..ugh..bad memories..please pray for Dale, Jean too..

...and on a trial day!!! lol

Sending prayers your way!!!! Keep us posted. God Bless.

the whole gas can thing still baffles me. I'm glad she lied repeatedly about the 3rd can, because now she's caught in a major lie, but why would she ever need to use any of the gas in the cans? so why keep any of the receipts? but the thing that really baffles me is this--did she think they wouldn't find out about the rental car? or that they wouldn't notice that the miles she put on the rental would match up with a trip to mesa first? why go through all that with the gas cans when the rental mileage gives you away?

I'll give an explanation a try.
She needed all THREE gas cans to make it to AZ and back with ZERO stops at gas stations. She wanted to avoid any trace whatsoever she had been in AZ. She DID keep receipts of her other gas stops - two reasons.

1) To prove she did go to Ryans for an alibi.
2) She was saving the receipts to claim on her taxes as a business expense
3) She filled on the way home from Ryans to make it seem as though she always did that - it had nothing to do with trying to hide her trip to AZ!! LOL
4) BUT SHE DESTROYED THE THIRD GAS RECIEPT and kept only TWO.

She did this to hide the fact that she had THEEE gas cans - remember she needed all THREE to make it to AZ and back without stopping at a station.

She may have gotten away with this lie if Juan hadn't seen the third transaction on her bank statement - then went on to prove it was a purchase of GAS, and that she would have needed THREE cans to hold that much gas.

Watching a recap of Jodi saying that Deanna was emotionally unstable. I can't help but think she showed what she is really like. Projecting her qualities on others. "So and so is a liar", "So and so is abusive". There is another word for this, I'm sure. Just can't think of what it is.

There were so many good reasons for putting Deanna on the witness stand. The jurors had heard her name before, and she came across completely different than prior testimony. She was not crazy or emotionally stable; she testified as a rock and a very likeable, caring and mature person who clearly loved Travis.

I so appreciated and admired her for the testimony about Travis's parents, telling how much Travis loved his father and how proud he was when his father got clean towards the end of his life.

ON HLN last night, someone commented that when KN threw all of his sordid questions at her one after another, one of the female jurors visibly recoiled during this.

HLN also had Clancy on as a guest last night and showed a "never seen before" video of Travis after he wrecked a snow mobile. Charming guy and Clancy had bittersweet emotions watching it. They also showed FB pictures of Deanna and Travis.

I cried. He was a very special person who was loved by many. May they cherish his memory.

Justice for Travis.

This almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, "why did the chicken cross the road?" kind of thing. LOL.

The filled up purposely in SLC because SLC was her alibi, Ryan Burns was her alibi. She wanted to show that she was never in or near Arizona. Careful, careful planning.

No, it wasn't a joke.

~~Never mind~~

They just talked about it on HLN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads