trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're as confused as many of us are and as the jury surely must be. I hope JM clears it up.

moo

During the cross, Juan cannot 'explain' anything. He can only communicate to the jury by asking the witness questions. And if he tries to awkwardly get them to explain the bigger picture, about the number of cameras, or the dates she lost an earlier one, bad unintended things can happen.

So he goes about it another way. He streamlines his questioning, to just get out some important facts, hoping the jurors will hold onto those facts. Then during the closing, he can tie it together. He can say, " We saw a picture she took, right after leaving her salon apt. ...and BAM , he can give them the needed punchline. "This is important because..."

But he cannot do that during his cross. The more he tries to evoke information, the more openings he gives to the DT in their recross.

A video of an event is not required as proof to state it as fact. It's a fact he took pictures of her. They were taken that day and had to be taken by another person. So, unless a roommate did it, Travis took those pictures. And the pictures show a KY bottle, which indicates at the very least an intent to have sex. He liked having sex with her and she liked having sex with him. Being naked in the same room together, odds are they had sex.

Sure, we can know, by using some logic. She was taking pictures for at least 8 minutes and it would be very unlikely for her to be holding a gun while also taking pictures one handed for that time. And there is nothing in any photo of Travis that shows he had a gun pointed at him. He turns his back to her a couple of times. And maybe most of all, it would serve no discernible purpose for her to be pointing a gun at him and having him pose for pictures, that she only deletes anyway. There is no plausible reason for her to do that.

Ya got me here!

IF he had sex with her that day... and that is a BIG IF to me.
It was only to keep her from blackmailing him and outing him to everyone.

I do not believe for one second he ever wanted to "see" her again

Do you think maybe we're going to see someone from that salon come in and say she had her hair colored brown (along with, perhaps, some "enhancements in her pelvic area") at 2:00 that afternoon? And that she then purchased hair dye at Walmart after that to dye her hair back to a lighter color? Does anyone have a screen shot of the Walmart receipt to see what all she bought there? I know she bought sun screen, but was there anything else on the receipt that might have been a coloring kit? JM doesn't do anything without a reason. He's laying a foundation for something.

Just a thought.

I haven't seen the receipt but a lady on HLN today said that there were 4 charges one for the gas can one for some facial product and 2 different boxes for hair dyes. She said the numbers were on the receipt. I know that hair color usually have four numbers on them. This lady said she studied the receipt pretty intensely. So all I can say is we will see.

I just want to add that I think there's a juror on the panel that really can't put two plus two together. What the hay kind of question (at this point) was the question regarding whether or not T A 's roommates had guns? Someone still hasn't understood or digested that JA has admitted to killing TA! Hopefully all the weird questions are coming just from him/her and cross fingers they get eliminated prior to deliberations.

Yes, I do think there's one very confused juror there.

Moo

Or maybe even two??:facepalm:

I was kind of confused this morning as well regarding JM and the pics he had of JA. I think a lot of people this morning were confused.

Also been watching Bates Motel. I do believe JA intended for Travis to die in the shower. It only enraged her further that she had to chase him down the hallway, so she slit his throat, and dragged him back to the shower.

MOO

I agree with your post. One thing I have thought about quite a bit, is how was she able to get TA;s body back in the shower? The shower is quite narrow and to drag him from behind with her arms under his shoulders, I just can't figure out how she was able to get Travis in the shower. There wouldn't be room for her to stand behind his body dragging him in. Hopefully one of you will already have it all figured out and can explain it to me.

Evening everyone. Just wanted you to know I finally got around to posting my notes from yesterday on the observers' thread.

:seeya:

thank you for the heads up!

Did Katie get interviewed by Beth today? about raising money.

I heard about it somewhere but have not seen a link from news junkie on it yet as I would assume she or someone else has the video already copied and upload it somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think the phone evidence today was a nice surprise and HUGE! MOO

It may or may not been so much about the hair color, although that could help, but more that Jodi again lied big-time to the jury.

When I posted a question about the Helio phone this afternoon, I was a little confused. It's because I had believed Jodi's testiphony about it (I may still be a little confused. lol).

IIRC, she said she had ruined her original phone by dropping it accidentally in a cup of liquid. Gus Searcy gave her this Helio, which had recording capabilities. She used it to make the phone sex recording. Then didn't she say this phone somehow disappeared? She acquired a new phone to take on her trip. However, we find out that she took self portraits with the Helio the day before the murder. The EXIF data on the photo proves the photos were taken that day by the Helio.

She got a second Helio. It was that second Helio that she used on the trip.

It's been apparent since she made the phone sex recording that she was going to use it in someway. All we know now is that she did bring it on her trip.

Yes, that was recorded on the first Helio, that she claims was lost. She likely wanted to keep it safe for a rainy day. She had plans for that phone, but then decided on murder instead.

Not one pic of them together that day (that we have seen)
the pic of him was not taken at the end of the bed where he was aware.
It was taken behind him.
The second one he did see.

Not one pic of her was taken by him "over her" on the bed.
She wasn't all comfy and posed in his bed.
No sexy poses. She was perched on the side of the bed all awkward...

That camera was on the back of the chair beside the bed.
IMO
And seriously who takes pictures AFTER THE ACT?
Isn't it usually a FORE PLAY kind of thing?
That leads into the act?

If I see one picture of BOTH of them together that day, not even x rated I can retract that statement.

She hurt him worse than the death of his father.
His friends would SPIT on her. She was a sociopath.

And not welcome in his home or bed IMO
Maybe the picture was not post coital.Maybe it was all he could muster up for her.

Yes he was a man!
He was not brain dead.
Until JA was done with him.

He knew she was dangerous and would not engage her again or risk another fake/real pregnancy with her.

He is dead because he would not "do" her and told her to hit the road.
moo

Respectfully BBM. I agree with every one of those bolded statements. It really is all just opinion, because nobody was there. But the pictures that day just seem so WRONG to me. I've seen men basking in the afterglow of satiation. And it doesn't look like that. He looked like he was taken off guard. And there were several other pictures taken throughout the rest of that day that spoke in the same way.

I guess those on opposing sides of this just have to agree to disagree. Glad we see eye to eye on this one :eye: :eye: :seeya:

She "lost" the first Helio in mid-May. She got it replaced right away.
I understand that she "lost" her Helio in mid May but do we know what phone she got as a replacement? Are you assuming she got another Helio or did it come up in testimony?

Sure, we can know, by using some logic. She was taking pictures for at least 8 minutes and it would be very unlikely for her to be holding a gun while also taking pictures one handed for that time. And there is nothing in any photo of Travis that shows he had a gun pointed at him.

<respectfully snipped - regarding the shower pics>
He turns his back to her a couple of times. And maybe most of all, it would serve no discernible purpose for her to be pointing a gun at him and having him pose for pictures, that she only deletes anyway. There is no plausible reason for her to do that.

I agree.

I think Occam's razor might be well used in these instances.

I think gngr~snap referenced the use of the chair to explain the long shot of Jodi (facing camera) on the bed. I'm not a photographic expert, but there is no way the height of that chair would give the angle required for that shot. Of course it's my opinion, but I'm fairly confident in that regard.

Is court scheduled for 9:30 am arizona time tomorrow?

BBM~ Nope. My gut tells me they were in between "romps" when the sex photos were taken. The sex shots were planned and that's why they used Travis' camera and not hers because he can delete the photos. He couldn't trust her after the phone sex debacle.

If Travis did not want her there and she was holding him at gunpoint or whatever, I believe Travis watched enough UFC (as do I) to take her down. imo.

The shower shots are a different story. She snuck back in after the fact. He was not aware she was in the bathroom at while he was showering.

BBM: Yeah, that's what I thought also..

Also.. IMO.. When taking pics like that, isn't there usually a pic of him putting it in .... something like that:blushing: but the photos see are the end product?

I am having a hard time thinking that Travis even took that pic of her ... Wondering if the camera was set up and she did that herself?

One of the first things I think her name was Mimi (not sure) said when she walked into the garage downstairs is what is that smell. I have a cat that is 20 and lately she was peeing on the rug. I could tell instantly, and had to dig out the steam cleaner. I eventually cut the rug out and replaced it with wood. A dead body is a smell you can't miss especially in the middle of summer in Arizona, with air conditioning it gets in the ducts and you can't get it out, it makes it spread faster. The blood is especially bad. Just having a tooth pulled is a distinctive odor. Imagine the smell of all that blood Travis lost.

I don't know anyone who would mistake the smell of a perfume over the smell of a dead body. I have a saying that certain peoples perfume arrive 2 minutes before they do.

Quickly:

1. Mimi walked in bringing a different frame of reference with her.

2, The cat is peeing in an otherwise pee-free situation, suddenly introducing a strong odor. The pee stain is still an outlier and localized.

3. We don't know what the ducts were like or what cooling system the house had.

4. Fresh blood has a strong metallic odor from the heme, an unstable iron component of hemoglobin. Blood that is not fresh doesn't have that distinct odor.

5. I once had my nose broken requiring reconstruction. People who have had nasal surgery often had a reduced sense of certain types of smell, as I do. We have no way of knowing the olfactory sensitivity of the roommate due to rhinoplasty, allergies, genetics, his own gym socks, etc.

6. So, assuming that the smell of decomposition not being noticed is something so wildly improbable as to require explanation, what exactly does it prove?

Is she going to reveal how Travis really was killed in this tell all book ?

Yes, she thinks she is OJ Simpson and can write a book called, "How I Would Have Done It If I Could Remember How I Did It." Apparently the blowback from the public about that book was a blowtorch to OJ's overblown ego.

A liar goes from truth to half truth to almost truth to could-have-been-true. She is now embroidering the case to advance herself. People want a substantial reason why she did the overkill. They are not believing her, so in true borderline fashion, she's not upset, she just trots out something else to see if it will go down.

Well, if not Cancun, how about the beastly way he treated me after my miscarriage?

Next, we will hear how she supported him through his sex change operation, which he got selling drugs when he was young and female, which is the real reason he likes little boys... and how she helped save the life of the the disabled child he had with Deanna and hid away because they were all Mormons and planning to live in polygamy.

I"VE GOT THE TITLE OF HER BOOK!!!! "It Could Be True..." Remember, you read it here first!

Yes, that was recorded on the first Helio, that she claims was lost. She likely wanted to keep it safe for a rainy day. She had plans for that phone, but then decided on murder instead.

How do you know that her Helio replacement phone was another Helio?

The style of Mr Nurmi is such that all Witnesses including his own, even Jodi had trouble following the questions. I was really studying this to see if he does this on purpose to sort of lose the person (by the time he gets to the end of the question and the point, you totally forget the entire first 1/2 of the question) OR is this just his style.

I had a few options on the table.

A. His style on purpose, slow drag out question so the person forgets what you are asking in your very compound question that went in 3 directions
B. He is not fully prepared for each Witness so he is making up questions on the fly as he goes, sort of Ad Lib? (I even caught J. Willmott really just losing her train of thought or trying to think up the question as she stands there, so the very long pauses with both of them in the middle of many questions is so distracting and must be for the Jury also)

In contrast, the rapid fire Witnesses on the Stand yesterday and today with Mr Martinez at the helm, I can almost recite who each person was in order, and every question they were asked, and what their answers were. It's amazing the retention I have for what the State put on, and seriously I can't recall the Defense's case. I'm in some kind of fog there?

I understand that she "lost" her Helio in mid May but do we know what phone she got as a replacement? Are you assuming she got another Helio or did it come up in testimony?

How many Helio phones did she have? Dayum.... 12?

That's right because Gus had phone insurance and we discussed who paid for the 2nd phone at length!
"We" as in WS not we as in you and I...
didn't want you to think I meant you and I :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa