trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Myvice,

Could you point out where you see the backpack? I had a look but don't see it.

What I did notice is that it appears there is a seatbelt engaged in the backseat area, as though it is being used to secure an object on the seat. Not suggesting anything nefarious, but I do wonder what it could have been.

To me it looks like a black backpack to the left of the seatbelt. MOO

Based on testimony the sex tape was located on the phone that JA say was stolen but later found by her aunt when she was cleaning her grandfather's car in 2010 or 2011. My opinion is that she told someone where to find the phone after she came up with the claim that she was abused and forced to participate in sex. It was not made clear which phone the photos came from.

understood! But that is my specific question which I am trying to understand.

that is indeed the phone which she said that was lost and found and had sex tapes on it.

Did what just came in today prove that the phone was not lost... indeed another of her lies to the jury .... she had in her diary she had lost it previously and as he stated today .. showed that there were photos done after she supposedly lost it? those photos even further incriminating that her hair much darker than a month before even when she said she had not colored it!

I cannot believe it ...during the closing arguments I am going to be in New Orleans at the Jazz Festival!:eek:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

IDK, those have not been released yet.

Are you saying after those texts (May25), they never texted again? I doubt that. moo

Travis also called Jodi twice in the early hours of Jun3.

One call was approx. 45 mins. long. I bet that was another phone sex call.

I don't think it was a sex call. She had called him a few times right before he returned her call. I think she groveled and apologized for 45 minutes, so she would have a better chance of getting into his home the next day.

Nothing... except that bachelors are impervious to bad odors, not exactly a revelation, is it? Anyone who has a teenage boy and girl will notice immediately that the boy's room can smell like a corpse and the boy will just keep playing video games while the girl is taking everything out of her closet yelling "a mouse is dead in there, I just know it! I can't sleep in here, HELP me find it...."

I can't believe we are talking about the decomp again. The very first post I made her was about my own very recent experience with this in California in a senior retirement apartment complex. The woman one apartment over died in her bed after asking me to "leave her alone" because she was sick. It was four days until they opened the door to check on her specifically because of the odor--and this was in 65 degree weather, perhaps not unlike and airconditioned large home in Arizona.

She had a massive stroke with a lot of bleeding from the nose. Now here's the part that relates to this case: IT WASN"T UNTIL THE FIFTH DAY that the odor became really noticeable. The paramedics came out on the fourth day and declared her deceased and it was 12 hours later that the coroner showed up finally. The police posted a guy at the door to keep people from going in (crime scene?).

The residents here all fought about whether or not they smelled something or if it was just garbage, or some Asian stuff cooking, or the cat had an accident.

So I don't think the behavior of the roommates was unsurprising at all, especially since they had a large peeing, crapping-in-the-house (how could Travis permit that?) dog.

Anagrammy

I still think the roommate was a little light headed or something. To have a dead person next to you for five days and not notice? They had to have seen his car there, right. Then what about his friends in Cancun? Didn't they call and say hey where's Travis? I call when I don't see my neighbors for a day and find out where they are and if they are alright. These are suppose to be his close friends. They know he didn't own a gun, but yet none of them were concerned as to his whereabouts for 5 days? I guess I'm a more caring person. I smelt a dead deer that was about 900 ft away. I called my neighbor to tell him that there was a dead deer behind his house. He moved it out to the side of the road and called animal control. Another thing when there is a dead body the flies show up. Didn't they notice this? I just don't get it.

Thankyou!

Yes. She used the new Helio for her hurt finger June 1 and the old Helio for hew new hair June 3

What day was the "mortified" Journal Article written? About the "lost" phone with the "scandalous" messages...almost as bad as Paris Hilton!
May 22?

Can't wrap my head around someone: dyeing their hair so as not to be recognizable to any nosey neighbors, hopping in their non descript rental car and smiling for a selfie before they head over to Walmart for an extra gas can, stop at Starbucks, one last call to the victim then over to Arco for 20-30 gallons of gas...turn off the phone and off into the darkness with weapons in the car to kill someone.

What really stood out to me in those three self photos of Jodi with newly dyed hair were her shark eyes. Very pronounced in those pics and very creepy.

They took the 2nd Helio from her upon arrest. That is how they knew she shut it off before going into AZ.
The 1st Helio showed up in 2010 when she needed the blackmail sex call and they found the pics of her "new do" from June 3 rd
Thanks I think. I need someone to draw me out a list of when she got each phone, what was on it that was valuable to us, and what happened (truthfully - not JA's version) to each one. I'm a visual person, and I'm not quite all the way there yet. You are saying there was two phones, or three all together?

Minor, are you still here? LOL Remember when we discussed the phones for hours one night, and thought we had it all figured out? haha

I am going to just throw this out if it holds any water or not.. I am naturally brunette. born and raised when I started to highlight my hair women would say "I like your highlights" men would say " I like your blonde hair" I think the car rental guy just saw her as blonde whether highlights or platinum, a woman would have a completely different description. however the fact remains she was clearly brunette on June 3, and blonde in the eyes of a man on June 2. As minuscule as this seems it is extremely important to the premeditation and her lying to the jury. JMHO

So when she wrote that journal entry, "It's a good day - I'm excited my phone is coming today" - that was a LIE?? because she wrote that a LONG time ago!
Does she just make stuff up and write it in her diary, or was she planning this whole thing way back then?
I think it's possible she started planning the murder in EARNEST back in early-mid April--whenever she moved from Mesa to Yreka. However, it's entirely possible that ideation of murder began to take shape as far back as late 2007/early 2008. What she wrote in her journals was probably true 50-80 percent of the time before she started to plan Travis's murder. Much less so once her plans kicked in. We know the journal was largely a work of fiction after she killed Travis. She may have been excited about her phone coming-especially if she was pretending to others around her that she had lost the original. Very calculated.

Were those photos shown in court today of Jodi's Narcissistic self photographing in the car seen before? I tend to do that too...take a picture of myself when I've just had my hair done, like I just did last night. :blushing: I do it to do a Facebook ad for my stylist because she has a referral program and it never looks as good as the day she styles it. I mean NEVER looks like that again. :facepalm:

She was so excited for her new murder look, she had to document it on film as soon as she got in the car! I keep hoping there's a hair stylist to come in. Maybe still............???

Oh, I hate pics of me. I have "poodle in humidity" hair and my SIL will spend two hours straightening it and then demands (lol) to take a pic for her "client book." I will also take my own pics and send them to my loved ones with a "look at me now!!"

Walmart receipt:

2 face cleansers, 2 bottles of neutrogena suncreens (not hair dye) , and 1 gas can which was not returned as proved finely yesterday. :rocker:

She had her hair dyed in a salon in Salinas.

BDu1-cICQAAlcCw.jpg

BBM.

I've always assumed Jodi colored her own hair back to dark, because I simply can't imagine, with the enormously high profile of this case, that a stylist did it in a salon, and:

1. No one besides the stylist saw her or remembered her being in the salon
2. That the stylist would "keep quiet" for so many years about coloring her hair, and not notify LE or the media that JA had her hair colored at a salon.

I think it's possible/ likely that she did it herself. She may have purchased haircolor in Yreka or somewhere else, before she ever left on the road trip. And the photos revealed today on the helio phone reinforce that for me, that she may have colored her own hair. She was possibly "admiring" her own work with the color.

Now that I think of it, was Darryl Brewer ever asked what color her hair was when she came to borrow the gas cans?

what most 20 something single guys are like. It wasn't THEIR house, it was Travis's and he seemed like the one who took care of it. The others were basically renting rooms. They were all on the go. I see them as normally oblivious males at that age. It was really hot so the air was likely blasting all the time and the body was in a bathroom attached to a bedroom in the separate master suite. Even if they smelled something, I'd bet they were fine with ignoring it-why go looking for trouble that might require a clean up-just wait for Travis to get home. I can remember going to parties at guys houses/apartments in my 20's and many of them smelled like there were dead bodies in them. And they never had toilet paper, which was even worse.

It's also a non-issue that just makes for a sadder story and less forensic evidence because of the body sitting there for some days.

There are two separate air conditioning units for two different parts of the house. I'm not sure how this could impact smells but perhaps they do?

moo

I think the phone evidence today was a nice surprise and HUGE! MOO

It may or may not been so much about the hair color, although that could help, but more that Jodi again lied big-time to the jury.

When I posted a question about the Helio phone this afternoon, I was a little confused. It's because I had believed Jodi's testiphony about it (I may still be a little confused. lol).

IIRC, she said she had ruined her original phone by dropping it accidentally in a cup of liquid. Gus Searcy gave her this Helio, which had recording capabilities. She used it to make the phone sex recording. Then didn't she say this phone somehow disappeared? She acquired a new phone to take on her trip. However, we find out that she took self portraits with the Helio the day before the murder. The EXIF data on the photo proves the photos were taken that day by the Helio. So she actually had two phones on that trip. She have felt compelled to lie to the jury about the Helio because she had to maintain the lie she wrote in her journal entry. Perhaps on the stand, in her fog, she forgot about the self-portraits and the EXIF they might contain.

It's been apparent since she made the phone sex recording that she was going to use it in someway. All we know now is that she did bring it on her trip.

If the replacement phone was also a Helio, then I'm confused again. LOL

EDIT: I went back to wenwe4's trial notes from 2-19-13 [Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #41 *may contain graphic and adult content*] http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8887575&postcount=709
This is a portion of the testimony from JA for that day:

JA went back to her brother's house and took a nap - left Redding late morning -
did yu have a gun or knife with you?
no
cell phone?
yes
this helio we have seen earlier?
yes
did you have a charger
I did
---------
So apparently she did replace the Helio with another one? If so, then the photos with the hair color would be the evidence JM was going for, not the other bombshell I was hoping for.

Or, did she never lose the original phone! That is my question.

She "lost" the first Helio in mid-May. She got it replaced right away.

Based on what evidence was it replaced.

Just on her journal and her testimony? Discounted discounted!

Were those photos shown in court today of Jodi's Narcissistic self photographing in the car seen before? I tend to do that too...take a picture of myself when I've just had my hair done, like I just did last night. :blushing: I do it to do a Facebook ad for my stylist because she has a referral program and it never looks as good as the day she styles it. I mean NEVER looks like that again. :facepalm:

She was so excited for her new murder look, she had to document it on film as soon as she got in the car! I keep hoping there's a hair stylist to come in. Maybe still............???

JA's hair did look nice and I think she had a professional make- up job done. I leave hair salons with a wet head so I never take pics. I hate pics of myself anyway.

her until she was almost unconscious...she really is not very original, that Jodi, just recylced jailhouse lover tales.

Totally using her story! ...now we know where the abuse story and the petophile story came from!

It was after May 10 because she talks about the "scathing" sex call that she did not want found.
I'm going to have to find the journal entry, because I won't be able to sleep until I get this phone thing nailed down. The entry mentioned SEVERAL "steamy" phone calls - (I assume she meant she had recorded them) - and I got the impression they were NOT the one we heard.
Am I making this up? Have I been watching JA too long?? lol
I'll see if I can find the journal entry, and when she wrote it. Thanks for your help - I seem to be rather helpless myself on this topic.

it was said up thread that there were perhaps were not two Helio phones.

What evidence did we see put into the trial that there were two phones by the prosecutor?

Is it just one phone and we have been misled by her and her journals that there have been two? Can anyone help me understand please as far as the evidence.

That's what I'm unsure of...

Did she actually file a police report?

There should be a claim for a new phone and record of one shipped to her.

Was there just one Helio that she lied about losing? Or did she keep the first one and get a second Helio?

Couldn't she have just sent the sex tape recording to her computer somehow? Did she need to keep the phone in order to keep the recording?

EWWWW,, she looks so ugly in this picture, her hair, her face her body, especially the creepy expression on her face... what is she thinking? she looks soo dorky and fugly yukkk

I don't know what she's thinking only that she could have stacked a bunch of pillows up or used a tripod or both (mini tripod on a stack of pillows) to take that picture. Travis had plenty of pillows to stack at a pretty good height or angle. just saying...

Has it been completely hashed out that they didn't have sex other than the State saying they had sex that day. Maybe it's too hard to prove & they moved on. Sex or not, you can improvise when taking pictures & you can transfer pictures from one camera to the other via sd cards. Different brand cameras too. We've done it for at least 4 or more years with our family, easier than emailing them. What about those two pictures that weren't timestamped? I missed that answer as the thread is so fast moving. tia

You didn't add the :bananapowerslide: Cracked me up earlier :floorlaugh: Hey, how bout this for the artist? :Banane29:

The simple fact that Martinez coined the phrase describing that procedure really shows what a class act he really is. I am certain he was somewhat uncomfortable, initially, talking about all the sex positions, sex with candy, backdoor sex, etc...... Nurmi, on the other hand, felt right at home discussing that sexual stuff, and all of the vulgar terms and acts. The funniest thing Martinez said, well one of them anyway is.

"The reason you missed Lonnie's baptism is because you were having a tootsie pop placed somewhere, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288