trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DT mentioned in open court more than once they believe the jurrors are not obeying the rules 'not to watch anything' -- This whole pregnant, Alfred Hitchcock, etc., was made up hoping the jurrors would see it. IMO

Maybe. Even if they do see it, they won't believe it. They will wonder if this was true why wasn't it brought up at trial. The jurors know she is piling up lie upon lie. JA is just making herself out to be so desperate she will say anything to get out of this tangled web. She is trapped. The jurors are to smart to let her insult their intelligence.

I lost all respect for JA family including grandma when they all started wearing Domestic Violence Ribbons.

That says loud and clear they feel Travis should have been killed, Jodi did what she had to to save her life.

I have no use for any of them and yes, even the grandma. They are shameful.

-------------------------
"We will have trial today, Wednesday April 24th. Tomorrow be here at 9:30am it will be a short day. There will be NO trial until next Wednesday May 1st and you are to arrive at 9:00am and we will stay until we finish even up to 5:00pm.

Final Jury instructions will be Thursday May 2nd and the Attorney's closing arguments on Thursday and Friday and then the case will be submitted to the Jury"

TRIAL:
Wed April 24th
Thurs April 25th
Fri thru Tue Apr 30 NO Trial
Wed May 1st
Thurs May 2nd
Fri May 3rd and to the Jury we go!

Agree. And I think it evokes "sympathy" in many. It was just so phony to me.

Well like I said you have to pull out all the stops, last one being the grandmother.

Wheelchair was a nice touch. IMO like Jodi's magical shrinking chair!

Speaking of having her chair low in the beginning of the trial... Bet it's super high today so Jodi looks like she may have reached the gun ! Roflmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NE guy said he didn't know when this supposed pregnancy was, but said that Travis didn't take the news well, then Jodi miscarried. Don't know how long she was supposedly pregnant or if it was supposedly a girl or boy. God Forbid Jodi Arias ever had a child!

NO WAY that was true. JA would have been screaming that from the roof tops.

'Cos JM's last witness, Dr. Horn is on today. When he's done, there is nothing left but to wait for the defence's surrebuttal psychologist to, I assume, talk to Arias and look at all the communications; be deposed by JM; and rehearse his testimony with the defence team.

I wonder if he will bother to take notes or write a report? I suppose he needn't bother. By the time JM has gone over his relationship to ALV, and past testimony faux pas, the jury will have already tuned him out.

Wednesday should be entertaining to say the least.

Is the bank (JPMC) fraud employee not testifying? TIA

JAs parents called the police and turned her in when they found out she was growing pot on the roof. I don't know anyone who would do that (turn in their kid for pot growing). In fact, most often I see parents getting lawyers to get their kids out of trouble, e.g., getting that DUI and/or drug charge dropped.

So I doubt they were total enablers. We will never know the dynamics of that family. But I bet they had their hands full with JA. It must have been exhausting dealing with her.

I think you're right about that. I think they were at a loss as to how to handle her. I've seen something similar in my own family, my oldest sister was so obstinant and rebellious for a period of time and nothing they did seemed to work (she was under the influence of an older boyfriend). At some point they just threw up their hands and said we give up. No punishment worked. I think her parents calling the cops shows that Jodi was probably unaffected by any punishments her parents could give, they needed reinforcement.

I don't think it was a Cindy Anthony case, if precious Casey had been caught doing that - Cindy would have lied and said it was hers. That is enabling.

O/T...I thought about doing a bit of reading on the Andrea Sneiderman (?) case but honestly...after Jodi Arias I don't think I can! This case has been exhausting!

If JA is found quilty of any charge other than 1st degree murder I will never watch another trial like I did CA's and JA's because I will have lost all faith in the legal system here in America. You can mark my words on that. :banghead:

SN & BBM: Yes, I do believe the DT will do anything to extend the deadline ... but this time, I just don't see the judge giving in to them.

The Judge told the Jurors the schedule and considering what the jurors have been through, she needs to stick to it for the sake of the JURORS ! And I sure hope she told the DT the same thing !

:twocents: I admit that I have been critical of the judge, but I do think that she has FINALLY had enough of the DT shenanigans because it is probably affecting her schedule.

Enough is enough ... the DT took their time putting on a pathetic case with all sorts of "drama" and "shenanigans" from Jodi and their "experts" ...
And there is NOTHING more IMO that they can do ...

JMO and MOO !

:seeya: And Good Morning to Everyone !

ITA!!

And guhmorning! :rockon:

I believe Jodi making reference to a supposed fantasy that TA had about the killing scene from "Psycho" gives more credence to the knife first theory.

Do you know if each side has a specific time limit on that day? Or could the DT waste all day, leaving JM 5 minutes to do what he has to do at midnight on that day?

Yes. 9:30 Jodi time but it's going to be a short day, per the judge. I still haven't figured out why.

I think because Juan will not keep the ME on the stand too long. Just needs to rebut Jodi testimony of Travis being shot at that angle, a bullet passing through his frontal lobe and his being able to do the things Jodi claims after this wound plus being able to sustain defensive wounds during a knife attack.
Then cross by JW (I think, she did it before) then jury questions, lawyer follow up.
This may be Juan's final witness

The defense witness will not be available until Wed. May 1

Expect lots of objections from Juan that day... More side bars and in chambers pow wows than ever.

Juan's gotta keep anything about heat of the moment out. Questioning has to be tight an only to rebut what prosecution witness testified to. Super tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda7, I agree, my only concern is that things which are out of Juan's control have been anything but "super tight" (in fact my observation is that the DT has captained this ship until now) and I can see the DT exploiting this opportunity. It is my experience that once psych is introduced into the picture things can get very complex and subsequently lead to a tiny crack that can be blown wide open.

I have every confidence that this jury knows the truth and will convict her, but to have the psychological aspects of the defendant revisited (DT strategy to get one juror) just allows the snapped theory to enter into the mix.

Did you all know that the defense team tried to have the testing of the shelves in Travis's closet that was done by detective Flores made non admissible to the court proceedings.
Here is a link to the motion--This just shows how desperate the defense was to eliminate anything and everything that show's Jodi's story is all fabricated and the events that she claimed happened could not have happened as she claims.
Her whole story is a fabrication from day one but will end next Friday then it will be just Jodi and no more friends and the rest of her life ( however long that may be )with just her memories to keep her company.
Here is a link to the application to the court to deny the shelve testing.
http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/ariasmotion1.pdf

If JA is found quilty of any charge other than 1st degree murder I will never watch another trial like I did CA's and JA's because I will have lost all faith in the legal system here in America. You can mark my words on that. :banghead:

We all say that. ;)

Do you know if each side has a specific time limit on that day? Or could the DT waste all day, leaving JM 5 minutes to do what he has to do at midnight on that day?

I have a feeling that JSS had in depth discussions with both the DT and PT, asking how much time they thought they needed to wrap up. She has based her schedule on what was indicated to her; IMO, she probably laid down the law to the DT saying no more shenanigans...these are the dates, come hell or high water.

NO WAY that was true. JA would have been screaming that from the roof tops.

Nope - there would have been a few days between journal entries and the one following such an event would just state there has been nothing to report.:facepalm:

If that's what JSKS did, then she is also compressing direct testiphony objection sidebars, JM's cross and sidebars and the jurors' questions and counsel sidebars into that window as well.

Given the amount of time required for Samuels' and LaViolette's testphonies it's hard to believe, unless they're all prepared to work through the night and well into the next day, and the next, and the next, which will stomp on the schedule for closing arguments.

Since the surrebuttal was at her discretion, I think she told the defense they could call their one witness if they agreed to the one day timeframe.

That way Closings could be finished by Friday and the jury get the case.

I have another question if anyone knows and sorry to be so negative nellie today, but I am just so worried about this last witness from the DT.

If this person sole goal is to throw the trial off its tracks, is there anything he could purposely say or do that would cause a mistrial? I'm thinking in terms of outragious outbursts or outrageous statements that he may throw out there.

I hope things could be stricken from the record if that happens but just not sure of how things work if something like that happens with him.

I am so worried because of all the other attempts from the DT with trying to get jurors dismissed and stuff that I am afraid they really have something up their sleeve this time with this new witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member