Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that JM can bring up his ummm "credentials" and his former problems in court.

Of course he can. It goes towards bias. A witness' bias, particularly that of an expert, is always permissible cross examination. That's why JM was able to bring in Dick Samuel's little problem in NJ.

I only have one thing to say after following every single day and every single witness...the needle they use on her when they put her to death should be the size of a knitting needle.

you know i've only been able to catch snippets this week but i did see today.

so no word on what happened to juror 8? which one is this per katie? i know most of her names for them. it's not the CEO, is it? or paul rudd?

you know i've only been able to catch snippets this week but i did see today.

so no word on what happened to juror 8? which one is this per katie? i know most of her names for them. it's not the CEO, is it? or paul rudd?

It is CEO.

Wow. Per Beth K-

I just received an update to the defense costs paid by the county. As of April 25, 2013, $1,687,328.21 have been paid. The previously released figure, $1,402,668.84 was as of March 28, 2013. This comes from Maricopa County Communications Director. #JodiArias

No your not the only one! I don't understand their logic or lack of. Juan will shred his testimony to pieces. I've never seen such a pair as determined to force logic where there is none.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am so not worried about this new psychologist.. Especially if Juan can get in his affiliations..

I don't think this jury really cares about her diagnosis. It does not matter and only goes to what happened AFTER the crime..

I am tired and very sick of talking about this and that and what if. This trial has taken over my life and I feel like I am almost getting sick because of it. I'm a 63-yr-old woman .... and I have invested my life 100% into this case for the last 4 months. Hubby is somewhat supportive ... actually .. very supportive as he knows how addicted I am. He is even starting to sit with me and listen to/discuss some of the stuff on HLN. Good guy. But I can tell he just wants to throw his hands up in the air and leave the room most times. But he has a lot of self-control.

I haven't posted much because I have nothing to add to all of you brilliant people. But I read a lot ... and give "thankyou's".

Carry on gang. I'm just kinda warn out and wanted to express that. I'm sure there may be many out there feeling the same kind of weariness. I think this break will be enough to get me (and some others) re-energized and back into the sur-rebuttal (blech). Oh well. I'm feeling kind of numb and have a bit of a sick feeling in my tummy. Not sure why. I think I'm a little bit paranoid about another miscarriage of justice. Please ... Nooooo!!

I've noticed that you have quite a lot to add, actually. I'm sure others have too.

I only have one thing to say after following every single day and every single witness...the needle they use on her when they put her to death should be the size of a knitting needle.

And rusty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so wish the medical community would discover or create some sort of "crazy person detector". Typically, the psycho, control-freak, stalkerish type of behavior lays dormant, masked by the kind, romantic, loving outward persona for awhile. I am only speaking from my personal experience. The monster may peek out from time to time, but if you do not know the signs to be alerted to, you have no clue what you are in for. Through my personal drama-infested relationship of the past the "inner demon" that my ex possessed did not surface until I had already formed a strong personal attachment to the "person I thought he was". Fortunately for me, I am more alert to the little signs of a possible "control freak" that I overlooked before. I apologize if this is confusing. I got my psychology degree from a bubble gum machine. :floorlaugh:

There is a Dr by the name of Dr. Daniel Amen who has done extensive research on SPECT Imaging to compare blood flow in normal brains with those of people with personality disorders, etc..

On his website he has images of the brain of a mass murderer... I don't know if I can post a link to his website but if you google his name you will find his websites....

But I think it is ok to post a link to his Wikipedia page:

Daniel Amen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was sorry I put the laugh icon in my above post. This whole tragedy that Arias is responsible for is very sad and I'm waiting for her to be convicted.

I understand what you mean, I've done it too. I guess we employ mechanisms to help us through a very disturbing time. I've had nightmares about JA and wake up every morning with this trial on my mind, as well as go to sleep thinking how it will go tomorrow. I'm very sad for the Alexander family and for Travis' life being cut short when he had such love of life and so many things he wanted to do.

Ja has stolen much, and from many. From taking TA's life to ruining the memory of a song. A range of emotion has been evoked from knowledge of what she's done. Many days for me were spent in horror and disbelief. Also I've experienced hatred such as I've never felt before and anger. At some point healing should begin, and I welcome it.

My point is, emotions are up and down, and to varying degrees. It's not good to be down all the time. That's why I appreciate humor. I need humor. Let's not let JA kill our laughter or smiles. We can be still be respectful, even while we help each other lighten up.:seeya:

I couldn't agree more.

I am so not worried about this new psychologist.. Especially if Juan can get in his affiliations..

I don't think this jury really cares about her diagnosis. It does not matter and only goes to what happened AFTER the crime..

Yes, BPD or no BPD, PSTD or no PTSD, she planned this and hid her tracks before and after the crime. Swapping weapons during the murder is enough for Murder 1 IMO, the rest is icing on the cake so to speak. If I was the DT I'd be embracing BPD for all it was worth, and keep it to use during the aggravation / mitigation phases.

I cried out when I nicked my thumb cutting onions today.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE NO-ONE HEARD the screams of fear, pain and anguish coming from that bathroom at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday afternoon??? Kids were home from school, people coming home from work, walking dogs, picking up mail, loading up the van to head to soccer practice....You have to expect that JA was screaming in rage, Travis was crying out in agony, there was a gunshot. I just don't get it.

Please let there be justice for Travis soon.

Gun first or knife first?

Does not matter. Whichever weapon she used first, it did not kill him. So if she used the gun, there are still 29 stab wounds and a throat cut through to the spine. If she used the knife first, TA was dead or dying when she shot him in the head.

Geffner

This is one guy with a horse in this race. His bias is obvious before he's even taken the stand! :floorlaugh: JM will highlight that bias, he'll have Geffner tell the jury that he's a friend and colleague of ALV, that he has edited at least one of ALV's books and that another trial court sanctioned him and found him to be nothing but a hired gun. No jury is going to find him credible.

I still don't understand why the defense would get someone like Geffner. I guess they ran through the list of U.S. psychologists and he was the only one willing to help the DT? What does that say? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard