State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here ya go...
knicksgirl2_zps6a5f3d69.gif
I think as long as you look busy you will be ok at work...
chairspingirl_zps74bf4741.gif

RSBM

You ROCK!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Here ya go...

I am getting the server is too busy here at ws... :please:

I am sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have a venture on a reason why Jodi waited so late into the afternoon to commit the murder and risking being caught by the roommate?
:stormingmad:

Couldn't get him in a vulnerable spot till then? Didn't one roommate come home for an hour, like 3-4 or so, the laptop was checked at like 4:45ish (wish we knew what that activity was, may have been a tipping point if she lost some of her nerve to do it earlier), then the shower, TA finally vulnerable and JA nerve back up.

Has anyone noticed the 2 bottles of sunscreen on the receipt with the gas can? Jodi must have planned on Cancun.

Or being out in the desert burning stuff. Its interesting Nurmi brought up the fact that you needed a passport to go to Cancun. I wonder if they checked if her passport was up to date.

I find the days when her interogation videos are shown fascinating. You can hear how she's talking normally and even animated like "Listen to this animated tale I'm telling you" and then her voice drops to where she pretend she's all broken up about two people coming in and murdering Travis.

I love that part too!

Judge Seidlin also said that Jodi would not be put to death because she's too pretty. He said there are no pretty people on death row--just ugly people.

Why oh why do I watch HLN. I must want my blood pressure to rise. Anyone watching now 3.00 p.m. EST? Well they have the judge from the Anna Nicole Smith case, can't remember his name, well he said or as much as said the Judge was too lenient on Juan. He was critical of the way Juan talked to Jodi, and the defense, Nurmi? should have objected more. If he objected anymore Juan should have just threw in the white flag and said do what you want. Didn't they see how Jodi was with Juan. What was he to do with this killer (can't say murderer because she as not been convicted) but she admits she killed him. Was he to handle her with kid gloves? Come on, we are talking about a confessed killer who over killed at that. He (the judge) said something about the judge should have been harder on Juan because, (get this, because Jodi is going to be convicted.( I would like to have his crystal ball, I could win the lottery). How many times have we heard it only takes ONE to hang. The judge on HLN said in essence the defense should get anything the ask for, and Juan should try the case with one hand behind his back, why, again because Jodi is going to be convicted. I hope someone saw this and can address this better then I. Anyway that is my interpretation of the Anna N_ Smith judge. moo

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:
I think Larry Seidlin beclowned himself with his boo hooing on the ANS case. He made himself a laughing stock to America with the contortions he did, his opinion does not matter to me.

Wow, everybody, thanks for your input. Bringing along a change of clothes in a large tote bag would add to the premeditation because she knew she was going to be covered in blood and needed to get out of Dodge in clean clothes and looking fresh. She probably added the other clothes to the wash to make it look like a normal wash and not a crime scene clean-up.

Could she actually have taken a shower where Travis's sliced up body was? I wouldn't put anything past such an evil person!

Or she could have added extra items so the camera wouldn't make a lot of noise in there. Perhaps Travis only agreed to the pictures if she used his camera, so he could maintain control of the photos. In any scenario, having her dna on it, she probably wanted to destroy her dna with hot water, soap, and bleach, and not have his camera missing from the house, or with her on the trip to Utah. I also think she was rushed to leave the house because of the roommate. Travis could have washed his sheets earlier in the day, so she only needed to put that one load in the washer.

I'm not watching ALL of it .. that would be too much for anyone. I'm watching her murder testimony and cross examination.

Actually, once you back out seals, sidebars, migraines, stomach issues, and in chamber meetings, you might be able to watch it all in a few hours :rockon:

Hey! I thought PPL Cancun was listed on JM's list of rebuttal witnesses? Did I totally miss it?

You're probably right that that info isn't public but ...

Since CA filed for bankruptcy, I wonder if at least the outstanding amounts owed to the defense team would be made known publicly in the bankruptcy documentation???

Yep ... right, right! :giggle:

Lol I was confused! I thought we were on a Casey thread, no pun intended! I guess my pain meds kicked in and made me confoozed.

DB's testimony might be worthy of a good review.

IMO JA wanted him dead and he just would not die quickly enough for her. The throat wound cut off his airway and blood circulation to the brain.

Caution: Graphic:
I have looked at the autopsy photos and report. Regarding the throat wound: IMO she slit his throat from right to left. There is a small "hesitation wound" right upper neck where he probably moved. One incised wound. Very sharp knife. Right side deeper than left. She severed major artery and vein (carotid/jugular) on right side, jugular on left. Arteries pump, veins ooze. When you take your pulse in the neck, that is your carotid artery. She transected his trachea, cutting off air supply. Because of the supporting neck muscles being cut, he would not have been able to support his head. Given the fact that he had been stabbed in the chest, with the knife penetrating the superior vena cava and his lung, he was losing blood internally and he only had one lung working. The severed carotid artery pumped blood outside the body at a rapid rate. He had no chance of recovery at this time. While his brain stem was still intact, he continued to try and breathe and his heart was still beating until there was not enough blood to pump.

I think she intended to make him hurt and make him suffer. Which he did. The gun shot was her insurance that there was no chance at life. At all. The bullet entered his skull and started to tumble, most likely tumbling through his frontal lobe, before descending into his left cheek area. The frontal lobe is responsible in part for decision making, processing, motor, verbal etc. If you take a look at the bullet, you can see the flattened portion of where it struck the frontal bone.

Not only did she premeditate this, she wanted him to suffer. For this reason, I think that is why she used the knife first. She wanted him to experience pain. Sadistic. I had initially thought that she shot him first, but after listening to all the testimony, that scenario would not have accomplished what she had in mind. It would have been too quick.

He did manage to try and protect himself as evidenced by the defensive wounds. When you go through muscle, it is exceedingly painful. The stab wounds to his chest would have him on the ground. First instinct is to splint yourself as a result of a chest injury I.e. tuck. Hence the back stab wounds. The human body instinctively reacts to protect itself, both anatomically and physiologically. Blood vessels react by spasming to try to impede blood loss etc. A whole A&P lesson would be involved, so I won't bore you. The body will do everything to protect breathing and maintain the airway. Notice when you hold your breath while swimming. You can't for very long.

JA cut everything vital to survival. She had planned this out no doubt. The horrific injuries she inflicted were purposeful. So I hope this jury reacts with purpose and sentences her to death. Respectfully, IMO

Reading your post makes sense . it send shivers down my spine. its so painful to read . it is what happened and it's so scary. after I finish reading your post I went to my son and asked for a hug. I hope you are doing ok .

Or she could have added extra items so the camera wouldn't make a lot of noise in there. Perhaps Travis only agreed to the pictures if she used his camera, so he could maintain control of the photos. In any scenario, having her dna on it, she probably wanted to destroy her dna with hot water, soap, and bleach, and not have his camera missing from the house, or with her on the trip to Utah. I also think she was rushed to leave the house because of the roommate. Travis could have washed his sheets earlier in the day, so she only needed to put that one load in the washer.

Was watching the videos (funny) of mikee daniels. He adds humor with seriousness. Is that even a word lol?

Anyways he pointed out! If Jodie wanted to save money as she claimed, she would not have rented the most expensive car. The red car was cheaper.

Premeditation, bloody palm print, gas cans, admissions and lies, oh my! JA will be convicted of M1. I am sticking with she will also be put to death

I should be working right now, but to all you WSers: "I can't quit you."

Sadly, I've had to work ALL week! Just not fair! I've missed most of the trial, and WS has been my salvation!

I already warned Mr BZ that I will be focused on the trial next Wed-fri and not to expect anything from me till after the verdict. He looked a tad crestfallen.

I believe that's exactly what she did...and washed all the blood from both hers and Travis' body down the drain. I also believe she slit his throat in the shower. The force with which the blood from the carotid artery would exit the body would make a huge mess. This is totally gross but there is a scene from Gray's Anatomy of a severed carotid artery.

I don't want to post the link because the thumbnail is graphic....so just search youtube for "carotid artery bursts."

What you are missing here is his carotid artery was not cut until the neck slitting. He had been stabbed many times then and bleeding out and his vena cava which was cut from a stab, this large vein carries blood back to the heart.
The vena cava would bleed very rapidly and large amounts of blood would collect inside the body cavity so by the time he had his throat cut he probably didn't have much blood left.
The carotid artery if cut in his neck first would bleed rapidly outside his body but in this case he bled most of his blood internally and extremely from mutable stab wounds. What blood was left drained from the veins in his neck being cut at the end of the hallway.
Sorry about being so graphic but this is what happened.

Here ya go...

I am getting the server is too busy here at ws... :please:

I am sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have a venture on a reason why Jodi waited so late into the afternoon to commit the murder and risking being caught by the roommate?
:stormingmad:

She had been behind closed and locked doors in that house so frequently and for varying lengths of time that I believe she was 100% comfortable and confident there.

She had sneaked into and out of that residence like a revolving door without ever being seen unless she wanted to be.

I also believe that the reason stippling was not found was that she used something (e.g., towel, bedding, clothing, etc.) to dampen/silence the sound of the gunshot.

There is also the remote possibility that she actually gave TA an opportunity to 'repent', giving him some time to think about whether to take her to Cancun after all.

And I'll take this opportunity to say that I am surprised at her defense.

I really thought at the beginning of this case, and especially with Nurmi's involvement, that the DT would try and make the killing 'accidental'; i.e., about kinky sex gone wrong. I thought that JA would claim that TA literally begged for or 'forced' her to harm him with the knife and it all went horribly, fatally wrong.

That's so bizarre that now we're actually hearing the National Enquirer dude say that JA, through his 'source', claims it all went down just about that way.

I guess she's abandoned the Mormon ritual killing story where she must take the fall to selflessly save her family. :facepalm:

Does anyone else notice how JA "licks her lips" whenever a witness states something she does not like, or when JM is coming back from a sidebar? I've seen this behavior before where someone will pretend to be licking their lips when in reality they are sticking their tongue out at the person. Very immature to say the least. Or am I the only one thinking this? If I'm wrong, JA must have the driest lips in the country.

Did your grandaughter show up? I've been Praying!

If you believe she did not plan then why didn't she try to contact Ryan when she's in Travis' house, she had plenty of time to do that and she could email or IM him if she can not "call" him. I think she told Ryan that she would be in Utah on June 4 intentionally as her cover up coz she knew she could use "getting lost" as her excuse of being late.

She was on an Arizona blackout, remember? No calls or tower pings from Arizona, no gas station purchases or CCTV of her there. No calls to anyone from an Arizona location. She couldn't, and maintain her "I was never in or near Arizona on June 4th, or that trip". I think the roomates being home stalled her plan, or the opportunity just didn't present itself as early as she anticipated. Maybe Travis took his shower later than she was used to. It's even possible that the whole "shower photo shoot" was something she came up with on the fly, to get him in there at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member