State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching Day 24 Juan's cross of Jodi...regarding license plate incident Juan asks her so in the time you went into starbucks to get coffee something happened...he asks her how long were u at starbucks? She says about 5-10 minutes, I went to restroom, came out THERE WAS A LONG LINE, ordered my drink, waited for my drink, then went out. This was between 9-10PM at Starbucks. LIE LIE LIE....there are RARELY long lines at Starbucks at that time, I should know I love starbucks and have been there many different times of the day. THat is a COMPLETE LIE. Therefore, as we alread know, her whole license plate story is a lie.

If that was me in her shoes I'd be a nervous wreck and would have no appetite for Starbucks- in and out- burger(2), McDonald's she bought fries and water.
She DIDNT seem to have a problem functioning without a care. I know we think differently and she was. Defective but geez.

How though? The guilty party would be in jail and not able to generate enough income.

You pull a Casey Anthony ... declare bankruptcy, debts are cleared, and you start over clear and fresh. All new income is yours. Who cares if you cannot redeem your credit rating for seven years? You cash in on a huge signing fee for the rights to your story and you don't need credit cards for the rest of your life. Then you do the inevitable nude photo/video offers which will pour in. NOTE: This applies only to attractive/semi-attractive female killers (e.g., Amy Fisher, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc.). Only hitch is that you need to be "on the outside".

DB's testimony might be worthy of a good review.

Something fish about him and his testimony IMO he sounds very scared. JA likely has enough pics, tapes, etc on him to put him in prison - wouldn't be surprising!!!

Yes, the first infliction was a stab to the heart, then stabs to the back up the hallway, then throat cut at end of hallway, gunshot is the finale in the shower.

I don't know if the first stab was to the heart as there were three (3) stab wounds to the upper chest and one (1) to the abdomen. She was definitely aiming though. The deep, plunging one to the right chest at nipple line IMO was the first as the other 2 were at an angle. Or vice versa. The angled ones would have involved a more rapid "stabbing action". Hard to know.

Someone asked how much did the Casey Anthony's case cost.

ORLANDO, Fla | Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:03pm EDT

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) - The Casey Anthony murder investigation and trial cost taxpayers almost $700,000, based on new tallies on Friday from the major agencies involved in the case.

Prosecutors are seeking reimbursement from Anthony, 25, who was acquitted July 5 of murdering her two-year-old daughter Caylee. Casey Anthony was convicted of four charges of lying to detectives in 2008 and leading them astray from the first day of the investigation into the fate of the missing toddler.

more at link

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/29/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE76S72320110729

I heard many people discussing the Casey Anthony trial so I watched a documentary about the case yesterday and some jurors stated there was not enough evidence to convict CA in the post-trial interview. I've been following the JA trial but not the CA trial and I think all the evidences against JA are more than enough and I also think the defense tries really hard to work on the "reasonable doubt". For those who follow both trials, can you please leave some comments?

The critical difference between the CA and the JA trial is the overwhelming forensic evidence in the JA trial. What are the odds that there would ever be a murder trial where you actually have photographic evidence of the killing in progress?? There is actually such an abundance of evidence, that part of the reason for the excessive focus on sex and lengthy defense witness testimony is to intentionally distract and distance the jury from the physical evidence of the case.

You pull a Casey Anthony ... declare bankruptcy, debts are cleared, and you start over clear and fresh. All new income is yours. Who cares if you cannot redeem your credit rating for seven years? You cash in on a huge signing fee for the rights to your story and you don't need credit cards for the rest of your life. Then you do the inevitable nude photo/video offers which will pour in. NOTE: This applies only to attractive/semi-attractive female killers (e.g., Amy Fisher, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc.). Only hitch is that you need to be "on the outside".

Yes but poster said "the guilty party". Someone who's found guilty would be in jail. Where Jodi will hopefully be soon.

The critical difference between the CA and the JA trial is the overwhelming forensic evidence in the JA trial. What are the odds that there would ever be a murder trial where you actually have photographic evidence of the killing in progress?? There is actually such an abundance of evidence, that part of the reason for the excessive focus on sex and lengthy defense witness testimony is to intentionally distract and distance the jury from the physical evidence of the case.

I was thinking the same thing! Their case has been so long! I just hope JM's 10 days are still on the juror's minds.

Respectfully snipped.
.... Intellectually I know Juan will bring this home, but emotionally I'm a basket case. Just too many trials from the past (with a mountain of evidence) did NOT get the verdict it should have.
:seeya:

Re the Florida trial, I had been on pins and needles waiting for the verdict, while, ironically, also serving as a juror on the 4th day of a local criminal trial.

Our bailiff (aka babysitter) told us the Florida verdict on our lunch break.....I was grateful to be with others when I heard the dumbfounding news. Because of Florida's Sunshine Laws I'd read every doc surrounding that case and followed it closely since Cindy's 911 call.

Turns out a good half of us had been closely following it.....we helped soften the shock for ea other. I'm a pretty new member, but from what I've seen of the fine folks here, if this trial doesn't exactly turn out as we want it to, we'll all be here helping each other get off the JA emotional roller coaster.
. :rollercoaster:

Respectfully snipped.

Re the Florida trial, I had been on pins and needles waiting for the verdict, while, ironically, also serving as a juror on the 4th day of a local criminal trial.

Our bailiff (aka babysitter) told us the Florida verdict on our lunch break.....I was grateful to be with others when I heard the dumbfounding news. Because of Florida's Sunshine Laws I'd read every doc surrounding that case and followed it closely since Cindy's 911 call.

Turns out a good half of us had been closely following it.....we helped soften the shock for ea other. I'm a pretty new member, but from what I've seen of the fine folks here, if this trial doesn't exactly turn out as we want it to, we'll all be here helping each other get off the JA emotional roller coaster.
. :rollercoaster:

CAUTION: If you are a current juror in an ongoing trial, you should NOT be discussing it with ANYBODY --- including HERE!

Does anyone else notice how JA "licks her lips" whenever a witness states something she does not like, or when JM is coming back from a sidebar? I've seen this behavior before where someone will pretend to be licking their lips when in reality they are sticking their tongue out at the person. Very immature to say the least. Or am I the only one thinking this? If I'm wrong, JA must have the driest lips in the country.

Mikee daniels makes fun of her lizard tongue! Which is possibly her sticking her tongue out. Your right though.

Thank you! This is exactly why I believe the blood on the carpet was from the chest wound and not the throat wound. The forceful pulsating of the blood leaving the carotid/jugular would have produced serious blood splatter on both walls of the hallway, not just one and all over Jodi and Travis, hence I think she cut his throat in the shower.
Graphic description:

I would say no, for this reason. The superior vena cava is cut, so less blood is flowing into the right heart, therefore less blood is flowing through his left heart per beat. Add to that that there is less blood available over time for his heart to eject. The heart speeds up trying to meet his physical needs, but the stroke volume is decreasing, so the carotid spurting is decreasing in volume over time. That tv program showing a carotid spurt is exaggerated. Don't go by that. And in this case, expect a smaller than normal arterial spurt due to previous blood loss and a cut superior vena cava that supplies blood to the heart. There will also be less blood returning to the heart from the right lung due to its collapse as well. imho

IMO JA wanted him dead and he just would not die quickly enough for her. The throat wound cut off his airway and blood circulation to the brain.

Caution: Graphic:
I have looked at the autopsy photos and report. Regarding the throat wound: IMO she slit his throat from right to left. There is a small "hesitation wound" right upper neck where he probably moved. One incised wound. Very sharp knife. Right side deeper than left. She severed major artery and vein (carotid/jugular) on right side, jugular on left. Arteries pump, veins ooze. When you take your pulse in the neck, that is your carotid artery. She transected his trachea, cutting off air supply. Because of the supporting neck muscles being cut, he would not have been able to support his head. Given the fact that he had been stabbed in the chest, with the knife penetrating the superior vena cava and his lung, he was losing blood internally and he only had one lung working. The severed carotid artery pumped blood outside the body at a rapid rate. He had no chance of recovery at this time. While his brain stem was still intact, he continued to try and breathe and his heart was still beating until there was not enough blood to pump.

<respectfully snipped for length>
BBM

The medical examiner said that it was impossible to determine whether the knife wound was left to right, or right to left.

Hunting knives usually have some kind of guard on them to keep your hand from slipping while you're doing bloody work.

I tend to think this had to be the type of knife she used. Its a miracle that she could butcher him the way she did and not sustain some SERIOUS wounds on her fingers.
I know she had some bandages, but I mean a wound that would REQUIRE medical assistance.

Maybe she got lucky.
I am thinking if not a hunting knife maybe a chefs knife.

IMO she didn't steal it from WalMart anyway... Some people do get away with it, but it is very hard to get away with it at WalMart. Their loss prevention team is excellent. There are several plain clothes people working out in the store and security cameras everywhere.
One of my sons friends got caught not stealing a .98 fly fishing lure.
I had to drive to the store and get my son. They pressed charges on his friend.
They did tell me they saw the boy trying to encourage my son to steal... Several times and thankfully he refused. My son was leaving for Canada the next day on a fishing trip...
IMO that friend was trying to get my son in trouble so he could not go. ~he was another Jodi... Jealous of my son.
When you meet people like JA run away do not walk!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member