State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you/anyone, please explain the point of JW's questions yesterday about whether Travis' head would remain upright after being shot? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...I fell asleep before I could post the question last night. TIA

She was trying to infer that if his throat had been slashed before the gunshot, he wouldn't have been able to hold his head up for the angle of the bullet to travel as it did. That's why she mentioned he might be lying on the floor (and more difficult for the bullet to go where it did). Trying to lodge doubt in the juror's mind but there's nothing reasonable about any of the defense.

The last two pictures tell exactly what happened, throat slashed in 2nd to last pic, gun shot in the very last pic.

That actually was a horror movie, bad one, in the 90s. Some guy gets a hand transplant from a mass murderer and suddenly he's unable to control the hands' impulse to kill. I think it was called Idle Hands or something like that, lol.

Reminds me of an episode of "All in the Family" where Archie flips out when he finds out he received a blood transfusion from a black woman.

Mostly that it's macabre and suggests a permisiveness toward loss of human life that has more in common with the attitude of a certain defendant in AZ than what I'd expect to find here. But, secondarily, for organ donation programs to survive it is imperative that such donations be uncoerced in anyway. The idea of a state executing people and then happily harvesting their organs immediately thereafter has profound ethical implications.

It was me who started it. I worked tirelessly for organ donations in my ICU days. There was nothing macabre intended. It was a thought, not a realistic one. I was basing it on the premise that something good could be extracted from something evil. If you go back and look at the context, you will most certainly understand. :seeya:

I just found this vid -- it was only posted just a couple days ago. Team Travis. Only 92 views, so all WS watch this vid, and share with all TA supporters

travis alexander (TEAM TRAVIS) - YouTube

Share via social media....Really nice Vid!!

Pass it around, please In Memory Of Travis!!

Thanks so much for sharing this. Wow. That shot of Travis with his arm around JM brought me to tears. And, that shot of JA, with that sociopathic smile when she was on the stand, what a true depiction of her essence. She is up there laughing. She killed Travis, and so very brutally, and she is laughing. Enough said. Jury, have at it, and, godspeed.

These anecdotal tales have NO basis in fact/science. None.

Furthermore, the privacy of donors is maintained. It is very unusual for recipients to learn the identity of their donors. The most we've learned of my brother's donor was that he'd been in a motorcycle accident on the Fourth of July weekend.

The process of transplant is very traumatic--the procedures themselves can be very grueling. The antirejection drugs include prednisone, which can contribute to mood changes (especially at first, until the dose is titrated to the smallest possible to prevent rejection). Experiencing nightmares after a long, scary wait (during which death often looms) a huge surgery (often with follow-up revision procedures to repair the abdominal wall, etc), a grueling recovery, and hormonal upset due to potent drugs is ....well, attributable to the process itself. It's not due to "inherited memory" carried in the donor's cells. (The cells themselves grow, reproduce, and die; eventually, the donor organ no longer has ANY cells that were ever in the donor, anyway.)

I agree it all sounds rather farfetched. We can never know for sure. Psychology isn't based on fact/science either. :seeya:

JM dragging the trial out??? What trial is that judge watching? Not the Arias one sury, because it's CLEARLY the DT doing the dragging!!!

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the talking heads get their info from sound bites or "reporters" that don't watch the entire trial. They are always getting caught saying something that is completely contrary to what really went on in court. I first noticed this during the OJ trial and it's still the same. You have to just pretty much ignore anyone that isn't attending the trial.

Please CHECK THIS OUT....

Not Sure if anyone else has seen this.....or it has been posted here before?? Since the threads move so Fast here.

This is a 3D interactive of TA Home.....the Crime Scene!!

http://www.travisalexandercrimescene3d.com/

Really a good Site to help put things into light!!

coffeebath.gif

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the talking heads get their info from sound bites or "reporters" that don't watch the entire trial. They are always getting caught saying something that is completely contrary to what really went on in court. I first noticed this during the OJ trial and it's still the same. You have to just pretty much ignore anyone that isn't attending the trial.

:Welcome1:
grouphug.gif
:Welcome1:

Apologies for correcting you but the autopsy report says no such thing, and the entire concept imo is merely a defense red herring. To quote from the autopsy report itself, which does not use the word upward or discuss what angle a knife may have entered the body, anywhere in the report:

"Examination of the torso reveals the following sharp force injuries:

● A 1 inch horizontal stab wound of the upper paramidline left chest, which terminates at the level of the sternum
● A 1 1/2 inch oblique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration / perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhagic in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart; a portion of the costochondral cartilage encompassing the stab wound is excised and retained at the FSC for potential further analysis.
● A deep transverse 2 inch incised wound across the lower right chest, belowo the nipple, with penetration of the lower portion of the right pectoralis muscle.
● A 1 3/4 inch obliique stab wound of the left upper absominal quadrant, with a near-tangential subcutaneous adipose tissue wound track (5 3/4 inches long), terminating in adipose tissue of the right lower abdominal quadrant; the abdominal cavity is not penetrated.
● Two (2) very shallow parallel oblique wounds of the anterior right shoulder, measuring up to 1 3/4 inch."

And to quote from JW's cross-examination of Dr. Horn:

2:24:00 ff in the video below:

JW asks can't you tell the direction of the stab wound?
Dr. Horn says "It's pretty much straight into his chest."

JW asks, "Doesn't it have an upward trajectory?"

Dr. Horn responds. "If it is it is very slight."

In fact, the prosecution's theory is that she stabbed him while he was seated. [I concur; it's no accident she got him into a 'sitting duck' position, imo.] JM asks Dr. Horn that very question at 1:11, whether TA could still get up from a seated position after being stabbed and attempt to defend himself. Dr. Horn answers in the affirmative. JM's exchange with Dr. Horn regarding that stab wound begins around the 1:06 mark and lasts for 4-5 minutes.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 3 (Full) - YouTube

TA left this blood streak on his way out of the shower. It could not have reached that point in back of his robe from anywhere in the bathroom itself.

bathroom_1_-_qp12_zpsadb0da61.jpg

As Dr. Horn testified, if that wound to the superior vena cava nicked the lung, it would cause coughing up of blood. Which we see evidence of on the sink. It is consistent with the first stab occurring in the shower.

A slightly upward angle doesn't rule out TA sitting if JA stabbed with an underhand thrust.

Also noted that JA had a perfect score on verbal comprehension.

It's not just anyone who would use the word "whoredoms" in email messages to female rivals.

True, it's a borderline sociopath who is mimicking the words she's read from the scriptures she knows that person believes. She's mimicking.

If you think that's high IQ, then we have to retest those parrots.

Anagrammy

I agree it all sounds rather farfetched. We can never know for sure. Psychology isn't based on fact/science either. :seeya:

Don't tell that to the jury. It could impeach Dr. DeMarte's testimony since Willmott can't :)

I will fast the day the jury gets the verdict and will spend that day praying for justice. My church has a prayer chain. I will make sure they pray that day until verdict is read.
Thank you for sharing

Your welcome. Tanisha is such an amazing inspiration to me a a woman, mother and a sister to Travis. Although I never had the chance to personally meet Travis, I feel the terrible loss to humanity his death has brought. My heart just aches for his family and for all the amazing things he had yet to accomplish that were snuffed out by...well, I'm not even going to waste my time describing the thing that stole the beauty , light and love that was Travis. He would have made an amazing father and husband and it is my solemn hope that this Jury isn't lost on that. I truly hope they do the RIGHT thing, I truly am.

Don't tell that to the jury. It could impeach Dr. DeMarte's testimony since Willmott can't :)

LOL! Throw out all the psychobabble in this trial and just give the jury the actual evidence. Who cares anyway what her PD is? Why she did it? When she did it? How she did it?

She did it. That's all that matters. She confessed. The pictures tell the story of the brutal, horrific death TA suffered at the hands of a depraved psychopath who deserves the needle.

Apologies for correcting you but the autopsy report says no such thing, and the entire concept imo is merely a defense red herring. To quote from the autopsy report itself, which does not use the word upward or discuss what angle a knife may have entered the body, anywhere in the report:

"Examination of the torso reveals the following sharp force injuries:

● A 1 inch horizontal stab wound of the upper paramidline left chest, which terminates at the level of the sternum
● A 1 1/2 inch oblique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration / perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhagic in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart; a portion of the costochondral cartilage encompassing the stab wound is excised and retained at the FSC for potential further analysis.
● A deep transverse 2 inch incised wound across the lower right chest, belowo the nipple, with penetration of the lower portion of the right pectoralis muscle.
● A 1 3/4 inch obliique stab wound of the left upper absominal quadrant, with a near-tangential subcutaneous adipose tissue wound track (5 3/4 inches long), terminating in adipose tissue of the right lower abdominal quadrant; the abdominal cavity is not penetrated.
● Two (2) very shallow parallel oblique wounds of the anterior right shoulder, measuring up to 1 3/4 inch."

And to quote from JW's cross-examination of Dr. Horn:

2:24:00 ff in the video below:

JW asks can't you tell the direction of the stab wound?
Dr. Horn says "It's pretty much straight into his chest."

JW asks, "Doesn't it have an upward trajectory?"

Dr. Horn responds. "If it is it is very slight."

In fact, the prosecution's theory is that she stabbed him while he was seated. [I concur; it's no accident she got him into a 'sitting duck' position, imo.] JM asks Dr. Horn that very question at 1:11, whether TA could still get up from a seated position after being stabbed and attempt to defend himself. Dr. Horn answers in the affirmative. JM's exchange with Dr. Horn regarding that stab wound begins around the 1:06 mark and lasts for 4-5 minutes.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 3 (Full) - YouTube

TA left this blood streak on his way out of the shower. It could not have reached that point in back of his robe from anywhere in the bathroom itself.

bathroom_1_-_qp12_zpsadb0da61.jpg

As Dr. Horn testified, if that wound to the superior vena cava nicked the lung, it would cause coughing up of blood. Which we see evidence of on the sink. It is consistent with the first stab occurring in the shower.

Wilmott remembers the upward slant on that vena cava wound like I do. I remember hearing her (?) ask if an upward slant would be appropriate if the assailant were shorter than the victim, and he answered "yes."

An upward slant creates a dilemma because Travis would have to be standing when stabbed-- same thing for a stab straight into the heart. Arias had to have space to swing, which she would have had if the knife were in her left hand and Travis was standing.

The other shallower chest wounds suggest she was trying to hit a vital organ and didn't succeed with any but the one to the vena cava. Then she might have quit. I can't even imagine the pain.

DIdn't the ME suggest that it may have been as long as four minutes for the heart wound to cause death? That means he could have been stabbed in the heart before the shower, thought she left, and then she's back and brings out the knife again. And he knows his life is in danger.

I think she wants to perpetuate the gun shot first theory and that it was not the fatal injury. Why? I have no clue other than to cast doubt on Dr. Horn's testimony and prove that she has knowledge of every profession under the sun.

They have to go with the gun shot first because if not, the throat slashing denotes such unspeakable cruelty to another human being, it would go beyond heineous.

I understand what you're saying, but would you seriously want any part of her? I know I wouldn't.

I understand what you're saying, but I can guarantee that if your choice was dying or receiving an organ, you'd take it. As someone who gave an organ to a relative, I promise you he has none of my characteristics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox