State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know..am up till 4 or 5 in the a m trying, praying, crying.

Trying to send positive thoughts to Travis Family and Friends.

Praying for Justice, Travis, the jury, their families and of course Mr Martinez and all of us hurting because of our past experiences.

Crying because a great man was killed due to a maniac's need for whatever. A loss of life children and grand children that Travis would have had. Crying because of the pain that many of us have experienced due to those crazy evil demonic entities that coexist on our planet.

I pray that we all find peace with the verdict.

Same here I go to bed praying for justice ad thinking how the family must be feeling as the trial draws to an end.
I'm joining in praying/fasting that day -verdict watch-

:seeya: The throat slit occured at the end of the hallway. Pretty much when he was closer to the exit.

arias_trial_pa32_ssh.jpg

Notice how when Travis was actually trying to save his life he headed STRAIGHT FOR THE EXIT .. not for the closet .. Just sayin'

Casey Anthony was soooooo ugly during her trial, and I had actually thought she looked pretty good before that. Now, Jodi has morphed into an "Ugly Betty," and I can't help but wonder if the attorneys tell them to ugly down. Why do they do that? Is it harder to put an ugly person to death, rather than a pretty one? I think it would have the opposite effect on me. I'd know they are altering their appearance, and to me, that would be lying to my face.

It's simply the correct medical terminology. I suppose to those who have never worked in the medical field or known someone who has experienced the miracle of life afforded by transplant---or donated a loved one's organs--it may sound cold. But it's really not intended to be grotesque; it's simply the terminology used in the field of organ transplantation----a field that delivers miracles to those who would otherwise surely die, while helping others derive meaning and a measure of comfort from the loss of a loved one. (Truly, once you become a participant, in any way, it becomes a rather beautiful word.)

As the aunt of a 26 yr old nephew who has had 2 heart transplants in the last 5 yrs that word is music to my ears... I understand where you are coming from and I also understand how it sounds to others... I use to feel the same...

You guys are so fast, i cant keep up!!!

Although justice will be served if she gets the DP, she won't suffer the way he did. IMO the needle is way too humane for her compared to the brutality of the crime she committed.

Eta: being the newbie that I am, I have a silly question: what the heck is BBM???

When someone "quotes" someone elses post, and bolds a portion of it they put BBM which means "bolded by me" not by the original poster.

Hope that helps :seeya:.

Noooo, the horror,the horror! Reminds me of those B thriller movies where some guy gets a killer's hand grafted on and proceeds to wreak murderous havoc. People have also reported cellular memories. One person who received a heart, had a craving for beer and some particular food, when in the past, they never drank, etc. but the donor did.

I think it's better to have the Winchester brothers from Supernatural come for the body, say an incantation and burn her bones.

Zuri
Why would you want to give someone that is good and kind! Something that came from such evil.
It's kinda scary, I know you say it from the kindness of your heart. It just seems to not be a good idea in this situation.

My "thanks" buttons are gone again. Everybody just give yourselves a great big thanks from me!

Isn't it crazy to re-watch it now. I knew it was 'scripted and sickening' the first time around, but the second time watching, I really saw how EVERY WORD that came out of her mouth was such an obvious LIE to fit her story it made me sick to watch it. Actually, every word she said during her testimony makes me sick. Just the way she SAYS them makes me sick. The way she LOOKS makes me sick. This is when she became VERY UGLY to me.

How is it going for you? LOL.

BBM .. Makes one wonder if the exact questions were posed to her once again, would the story be the same? It's very easy to repeat the truth .. but lies are much more difficult to repeat. Just a thought.

Hola everyone!

I have a quick question...and I am sure it's been answered already but I started watching this case on JA's first day on the stand (heard it talked about on the radio by Elvis Duran and the Morning Show that morning). Why is it that there is no full audio or full video of Juan's opening statement?

I wondered the same thing when I went to look for it. I found no video, but I saw a video clip of it played on tv. If you happen to locate the video, please let me know. Thanks.

Nice. JM should use that video as part of his closing arguments.

Oh wow I cried like a baby watching this. Very touching and emotional video. My heart breaks for his family. I'm certain Travis is smiling down on them with love each and every day.

Notice how when Travis was actually trying to save his life he headed STRAIGHT FOR THE EXIT .. not for the closet .. Just sayin'

Someone posted a recent pic of the large open space outside TA's bedroom, and I was shocked to see the stairs are right next his door, not in the middle of that space as I'd imagined. Hope the jurors were shown a similar pic.

Casey Anthony was soooooo ugly during her trial, and I had actually thought she looked pretty good before that. Now, Jodi has morphed into an "Ugly Betty," and I can't help but wonder if the attorneys tell them to ugly down. Why do they do that? Is it harder to put an ugly person to death, rather than a pretty one? I think it would have the opposite effect on me. I'd know they are altering their appearance, and to me, that would be lying to my face.

Maryann, I believe it's standard procedure. I even watched a defense attorney on television once boast that his client was 'made-over' by a Hollywood makeup artist. Funded by the taxpayers. It makes me sick. I love it when they show her previous picture because it's contrary to what the defense wants you to see.

Standard is glasses. Grow out your hair. Barrettes, scrunchies must be encouraged because I see them constantly. Dowdy.

Same here I go to bed praying for justice ad thinking how the family must be feeling as the trial draws to an end.
I'm joining in praying/fasting that day -verdict watch-

I'm in, and I'm in big. I have never fasted before, but for this family, to stand with them..... I will add fasting to my prayers.

Zuri--i just read your post from 1:11 PM and have to agree with u---JA wanted TA to suffer horrendously.....this is what makes me so sick about this case and I sincerely hope JM focuses on this in his closing---Travis suffered !!!!

No, after the first stab to the heart, he went to to the sink.

She started to viciously stab him in the back, neck, head etc...

He may have slumped down while standing in front of the sink from blood loss at a fast rate.

She continued to stab while he was down and he is now on his and hands and knees trying to crawl away.

He made it to the end of the hallway where the bedroom meets up (carpet), that's when she pulls his head back and slits his throat.

She turns his body 360 degrees, puts her hand on the wall (bloody palm print), and drags him back on the bamboo bath,at back to the shower, then shoots in the right temple.

My theory today. :)

I agree with this. I have had the same idea since I first learned the details of his death.
This is only my second post but I have lurked for a very long time.
I am a nurse but since that has not been verified I cannot really comment as one, but having been a nurse for over 30 years and an ER nurse for many years I believe the quoted post is correct.

This is just my own opinion.

I'm in as well, just marked it on the desk calendar and in cell phone alert reminder!

It's simply the correct medical terminology. I suppose to those who have never worked in the medical field or known someone who has experienced the miracle of life afforded by transplant---or donated a loved one's organs--it may sound cold. But it's really not intended to be grotesque; it's simply the terminology used in the field of organ transplantation----a field that delivers miracles to those who would otherwise surely die, while helping others derive meaning and a measure of comfort from the loss of a loved one. (Truly, once you become a participant, in any way, it becomes a rather beautiful word.)

I'm an organ donor, so I understand your meaning, However, I would never want a law which demanded organs of those given the death penalty, because it gives an incentive to rendering the death penalty. Touchy subject I know, but jmo.

It's definitely advice that no makeup (very mute makeup) glasses and things of that nature are worn - the Plain Jane / meek girl look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo