State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am glad that juror #8 immediately (for whatever reason) told the officer about being part of the JA jury. Imagine if he hadn't and no one had known for a few weeks? I hear the word 'mistrial' being yelled out over and over again... *Shivers*

I agree, poor guy. It may be a good thing that he was dismissed though. The reason I say this is because we sure wouldn't need "a pi$$ed off at the cops and the system" juror. It could have been bad news. I just wish he wouldn't have done what he is accused of. :(

I have a question. What is Travis family's position on the death penalty? Curious.

Zuri
Why would you want to give someone that is good and kind! Something that came from such evil.
It's kinda scary, I know you say it from the kindness of your heart. It just seems to not be a good idea in this situation.

I have been a critical care nurse my entire career. I look at the human body differently, perhaps, than a lay person. I have seen organ transplants do so much good. JA took so much away from so many people. If the verdict is the death penalty, and she is slated for death, is healthy, without disease, and a match for a child or adult, the State, with her permission, could procure her organs. Evil has nothing to do with organs. Personality has nothing to do with organs. Organs=Life.

Someone posted a recent pic of the large open space outside TA's bedroom, and I was shocked to see the stairs are right next his door, not in the middle of that space as I'd imagined. Hope the jurors were shown a similar pic.

That's why I'm so surprised neither of the roommates smelled anything, they have to walk right past his door to get to their rooms.

How would he get down the hallway after that though? And how do you explain the blood spray on the sink? A wound like that would be gushing blood immediately. The huge pool of blood at the end of the hallway lines up more with that kind of injury than what was found in the bathroom IMO.

I also can't quite see how she could inflict that kind of wound while facing him. The ME said it was one clean slice. I would think the only way she could accomplish that would be if he was on his hands and knees, and she did it from behind, while she was standing over him. :moo:

My theory is that she stabbed him in the head, neck and shoulders in the shower. He is momentarily stunned, collapses back against the shower stall (arms above his head--PHOTO). We see his chest exposed in the photo.

The autopsy report shows the chest wounds are horizontal rather than vertical, meaning they were inflicted from the side. Which means Travis was incapacitated by the force and pain of the head and neckwounds--otherwise he would not be slumping. The number of chest wounds shows that she tried and failed to hit a vital organ until the last one, which would have required a great swing and tremendous force to penetrate the chest wall 3-1/2 inches, then pull that kitchen (no hilt) knife out.

This is when I think she runs for the gun thinking this guy will not die!

He goes to the sink, coughs, drips, says he can't feel his legs, slips to ground and she finds him pulling himself along by his arms down the hall, bleeding onto the carpet profusely from the chest wounds.

She straddles him in a rage screaming "F*g die, *****" and stabs him repeatedly with her left hand, making the cuts all in a 9" square space.

He collapses, unable to move his legs/feet (which is why his feet are relaxed) but is still alive and still yelling. She hunkers down at his head to slit his throat, loses her balance and steadies herself with one hand on the wall (bloody palm print) and the other hand hitting the camera on the floor (photo of fresh blood flow).

She turns him around, drags him back into the bathroom where she starts cleaning up as he dies (urine, feces, blood, vomit, you name it). She is freaked out thinking he is watching her, accusing her, she thinks he is "still in there" as she said in her ninja story, so she shoots him to make him stop gurgling and looking at her.

That's my current (10th?) version of how I think things went down.

I'm an organ donor, so I understand your meaning, However, I would never want a law which demanded organs of those given the death penalty, because it gives an incentive to rendering the death penalty. Touchy subject I know, but jmo.

Besides, NO ONE deserves to have her evil heart implanted in them. I too am an organ donor, and agree with you.

To Travis Alexander's Family: I am sure you can count on everyone at Websleuths across the US and worldwide to join you in your request to pray and fast on May 5th. You can count on me too. I have been inspired by your strength, courage, unity, faith and love, and hope that your perseverance is rewarded with the justice you so righteously deserve.

I agree, poor guy. It may be a good thing that he was dismissed though. The reason I say this is because we sure wouldn't need "a pi$$ed off at the cops and the system" juror. It could have been bad news. I just wish he wouldn't have done what he is accused of. :(

can you point me to the thread where this was discussed about juror 8? pretty please =D

I'm an organ donor, so I understand your meaning, However, I would never want a law which demanded organs of those given the death penalty, because it gives an incentive to rendering the death penalty. Touchy subject I know, but jmo.

I concur. Someone mentioned that it would pose all kinds of ethical, legal, and moral questions no one would like to answer.

Donating organs is a wonderful gift. If they are putting her to death, it would be a way to at least do some good. It was in response to another post along the same vein. Sorry that I offended you.

ETA: Either you understand it or you don't. Either way is ok.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but your comment did not offend me, personally. It's just right now, emotions are heightened and just plain raw.

I agree with this. I have had the same idea since I first learned the details of his death.
This is only my second post but I have lurked for a very long time.
I am a nurse but since that has not been verified I cannot really comment as one, but having been a nurse for over 30 years and an ER nurse for many years I believe the quoted post is correct.

This is just my own opinion.

Welcome Ky1. :welcome: :seeya:

Yes, the pic clearly shows Travis trying to escape. :stormingmad:

Someone posted a recent pic of the large open space outside TA's bedroom, and I was shocked to see the stairs are right next his door, not in the middle of that space as I'd imagined. Hope the jurors were shown a similar pic.

It's definitely advice that no makeup (very mute makeup) glasses and things of that nature are worn - the Plain Jane / meek girl look

Did you notice that Jodi seems to have aged soooooo much too. She looks a lot older, now, than her chronological age. Frankly I do not care what she looks like after what she did.

I pray every day for this family. I hope that in time they can know peace again. They've been through so much throughout this trial, and I hope that they can get on with their lives once her fate is finally delivered by the jury.

God bless them all.

Could not have said it better, they will be in my prayers as well.

And if, indeed, this juror was the DUI, having broken some serious rules, he may have cut the murderess some slack for her less than stellar behaviour as well.

Jean errr Jean on NG just said that with a crime of passion that in order for that to work, there has to be actions and not just the words that JA said he said and she feels the defense is going to be able to argue it. ????????????????? Argue with what??? OK, I need to change the channel. I wish NG would not have Jean on.

I have a question. What is Travis family's position on the death penalty? Curious.

I saw an interview with Tanisha and Stephen that was recorded late last year where they say they want the death penalty for Jodi. Said they realize it may take 17-20 years before she is put to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken