State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

Status
Not open for further replies.
She should give Casey Anthony a call, finding missing children are her thing now, and I hear she is still out of work.

I just had a thought that gave a chill - Hope she is not watching the Arias trial, but if she's home and not working, maybe she even lurks here!

Gag

It would make perfect sense since she lives for attention and she is mentioned here frequently.

Well, yes. All that and JA specifically said, I believe in response to a juror's question about why didn't she just run out of the bedroom instead in the first place, that it was quicker to run into the closet and easier to run in to the closet than it was to run around the bedroom door. She had choices that didn't include stabbing him or shooting him at all.

She made the CONSCIOUS DECISION to (according to her stupid story) go for a gun she 1) wasn't sure was there, 2) wasn't sure was loaded, and 3) didn't even intend to shoot her "attacker" with. She admits freely that she could have quite easily gone the other way and not used any force against Travis (you know, in her piece of junk lie that only she believes).

Remember... JA didn't shoot Travis Alexander at all according to her! The gun just accidentally went off. :scared:

Thanks!

I agree there was a misstatement at the other hearing which JW tried, unsuccessfully, to catch him in a lie. He just put in her in her place and Nurmi chuckles. It was priceless.

SuperTmo, I hope that the 12 jurors have your mindset.

ElleElle, I will look for the part of the trial where JW tries unsuccessfully to catch him in a lie.

I do hope that the 12 jurors that are given the task to decide Arias' fate do see how diabolical Arias was, and, still is. I hope that the 12 jurors quickly agree that Arias planned and succeeded in butchering Travis Alexander because Arias wanted to- then went on with her life without a care in the world.

Listening to Dr. D making clear that "The Secret" and "The Law of Attraction" are not a part of psychological training.

Instead, they cause problems for patients by teaching them to focus only on the positive aspects of life, denying the reality of anything else.

Loved it!!!

I was in CVS today and by the checkout they had copies of...

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive: 101 Inspirational Stories about Counting Your Blessings and Having a Positive Attitude

:lol: I thought there's a book ALV should have given her!

I said it earlier (in the previous thread) but I firmly believe that if JA receives LWOP, she'll consider it a win. I watched a movie this week about Sara Pender, who reminds me SO much of JA it scared me. Sara is currently in jail (now in solitary after she escaped prison) & prior to her solitary confinement THRIVED in the prison environment. Made tons of friends, seduced a prison guard w/ sex to have him help her make/distribute drugs & eventually he helped her escape, her sister picked her up the day she escaped, even the warden had nothing but nice things to say about Sara Pender. The truth is she brutally killed her 2 roommates & spent her time in prison & on the run, manipulating everyone she came in contact with. Most of the people who helped her are now serving jail time of their own. If not on death row or solitary, THIS is exactly what JA will do, IMHO. She'll thrive on manipulating others, will seduce whomever she can to help her, she'll continue ruining lives.

I really hope the jury sees this in her too & rightly sends her to death row. :please:

I meant to tell you earlier, thanks for suggesting that movie. I started watching it online. The movie is good thus far. I am @ the part where she is escaping.
Thanks again. :tyou:

I said it earlier (in the previous thread) but I firmly believe that if JA receives LWOP, she'll consider it a win. I watched a movie this week about Sara Pender, who reminds me SO much of JA it scared me. Sara is currently in jail (now in solitary after she escaped prison) & prior to her solitary confinement THRIVED in the prison environment. Made tons of friends, seduced a prison guard w/ sex to have him help her make/distribute drugs & eventually he helped her escape, her sister picked her up the day she escaped, even the warden had nothing but nice things to say about Sara Pender. The truth is she brutally killed her 2 roommates & spent her time in prison & on the run, manipulating everyone she came in contact with. Most of the people who helped her are now serving jail time of their own. If not on death row or solitary, THIS is exactly what JA will do, IMHO. She'll thrive on manipulating others, will seduce whomever she can to help her, she'll continue ruining lives.

I really hope the jury sees this in her too & rightly sends her to death row. :please:

I forgot to add this to the previous post, isn't the main actress in that movie married to Tatum Channing?

On one hand I get the surrebuttal (sp?) but I don't get why they get to bring in a new expert...a term I use loosely.

Also, how can the DT's argument of "new evidence" --the diagnosis of BPD even be considered valid? Dr. D's report was given to them, they knew what she would be testifying to. To me the DT is asking for a do over simply bc their experts sucked. Doesn't seem like it follows the rule of law *scratches head*

JSKS granted Nurmi's motion. Inexplicable to me, as well. :waitasec:

Only she could answer as to why. :dunno:

It appears her artwork reflects her life, copyng how she thinks others would act, blending in like a chameleon to suit the occasion. The real JA did not expose herself until that fateful day she murdered Travis, the rest was all what she wanted people around her to think she was. :twocents:

I think that Jodi would be able to convey anger really well in her art work. There is this darkness that is in her to the point of not even being able to draw herself well. If she went the route of darkness then she might actually be able to make a person experience what she "feels". For example, the photo of Darryl B where it looks like he is beyond p@ssed and screaming at the camera. IMO that is the only photo I have seen of hers that is actually decent.

MOO

Jodi totally took this "pedo" story about Travis from Josh.
I do not think this poor man was thinking clearly.
I do wonder if he ever confided in Jodi...
something about the wording of his suicide note.
It almost sounds like she wrote it!
Bless his heart, I wish he hadn't given up.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joshuafreeman/mystory

Eerie indeed. Ashley Reed also posted alot of comments on Travis' MySpace.

All of this gives me the creeps.
I do not doubt these people committed suicide.

Thank goodness Travis was not shot in the head "just once"
or he might have been written off as a suicide.

That July 15th date really bothers me. I know he left a note but...
Knowing JA was leaving the area with a gun gives me the heebie jeebies.

I meant to tell you earlier, thanks for suggesting that movie. I started watching it online. The movie is good thus far. I am @ the part where she is escaping.
Thanks again. :tyou:

You're welcome!! Excellent movie, right? She reminded me so much of JA, it skeered me! :scared: The way she manipulated people, seduced them, used them & they all did it willingly, most of them landing in jail!

Yes, the gal playing Sara Pender is Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Channing Tatum's wife (lucky girl!!!)

Nevermind.......

Thanks for the trial time update!
:)

Loved when JM asked Dr. D if JA lying on the PDS was evidence of PTSD or anything else.

Dr. D said that it's nothing other "than evidence of Miss Arias deciding to lie on the test."

JW then sustained the objection and instructed jurors to disregard Dr. D's honest, expert answer.

JM then asks again whether the test is even valid.

Dr. D explains that JA 'switched' [fabricated] traumas, thereby entirely invalidating the PDS results.

Geffner's going to have his work cut out for him.

link didn't work for me, but the brother's suicide was on July 15,2008. The same day that Jodi was arrested for Travis' murder. What a horrible tragedy on both counts.

Didn't the Freeman brother think he might be gay? Was he not experiencing same sex attraction?

Plenty of young Mormons who are gay commit suicide. They find it hard to look forward to a life of forced celibacy and loneliness. Utah has the highest death rate in the nation for males in the age rage 16-24 because of the suicides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88