State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you even compare? Does your mother call a secret meeting, when she's pretty sure your husband is sleeping, so she can speak against him and convince you he's no good? You mother, even while she's having a private mother-daughter conversation with you, probably considers your husband a part of her family. He'd have no reason to be suspicious, I gather. If he came to the bedroom door, he'd be more or less welcome, right? Otherwise, to exclude him would be rude, cold, condescending and objectifying.

If she's truly frightened of her husband, she probably would. I would.

I read something on HLN the defense wants to call an expert in brain injuries. Is this true or did I read wrong???

Geez, I hope you're right because, up until last night, I was feeling pretty confident that Jodi would get 1st degree - not feeling so confident today... :please:

JMO ~

I would not worry about the results of the "Jury Circus" on HLN after dark.

IMOO those questions are pre-planned. One women when asked what her question was got very flustered and actually said she forgot her question. If it was HER question you might not word it well , but you would surely remember.

I find it hard to believe Questions can be asked and answered so succinctly . They have time constraints and need rehearsal. It is just another "show" nothing to see here folks.

I wish any friends or family of Travis' would stay off the programs at HLN. Look at how the Hughes are being trashed!! It's a no win situation....

Another example of good guys finishing last. :sigh:

There seems to be a lot of that in this case.

I am very happy Juan is asking the courts for another witness to refute Dr. Geffner! If JSS is allowing Geffner, then Juan has the right to refute his testimony with an expert. I don't believe sur-rebuttal should have been allowed in the first place, but since it's being allowed, the judge will allow this final witness. IMO.

I was never comfortable with the defense having the last word, with having one of their witnesses on the stand, before closings. Even though I had faith Juan would make mince-meat out of Geffner. I'm glad he will follow up with his own expert.

Dr. Hayes as a very impressive resume. She has a pretty face too. Pretty and intelligent...it's going to drive JA bonkers. Perfect timing to show her crazy side again, right before closings and deliberations. :thumb:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

I hope JSS gives 1/2 day to each of the new experts. Even if it's extended one more day, I don't care...just want it done right. We are almost there....

As some defense lawyers like to remind us, the BURDEN OF PROOF is on the Prosecution. I believe that is why the state gets to go last. And now the scheming defense team, want the last word. I believe it is two fold for the defense not only to refute the state expert but more importantly to have the last word. This should not be. My opinion only.

I am very happy Juan is asking the courts for another witness to refute Dr. Geffner! If JSS is allowing Geffner, then Juan has the right to refute his testimony with an expert. I don't believe sur-rebuttal should have been allowed in the first place, but since it's being allowed, the judge will allow this final witness. IMO.

I was never comfortable with the defense having the last word, with having one of their witnesses on the stand, before closings. Even though I had faith Juan would make mince-meat out of Geffner. I'm glad he will follow up with his own expert.

Dr. Hayes as a very impressive resume. She has a pretty face too. Pretty and intelligent...it's going to drive JA bonkers. Perfect timing to show her crazy side again, right before closings and deliberations. :thumb:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

I hope JSS gives 1/2 day to each of the new experts. Even if it's extended one more day, I don't care...just want it done right. We are almost there....

BBM~~

I just started reading today and am very glad Juan asked for this witness! I'm reading the thread backwards (since I started so late in the thread) and really hope JSS has already ruled to allow Dr. Hayes testimony into trial. Shouldn't the Prosecution be allowed the last word in trial simply because it is the State who has the burden of proving guilt?

http://hayespsychology.com/

Dr. Hayes really is very pretty (picture at link above) and Jodi will most definitely be jealous... perhaps even act out in front of the jury if we get lucky. :crazy: :pullhair:

I was surprised when JSS said jury instructions would take place before closing arguments. For some reason I thought ji's came after closing...

Ditto! I thought that was odd too! So, I asked on the lawyer thread. AZLawyer said it was the judge's discretion.

It is not a travesty to let someone defend themselves fully and vigorously from the death penalty. The thing is once convicted, IT sticks because the judge gave them almost everything they wanted.

Surrebuttal is supposed to counter NEW evidence brought in by rebuttal witnesses! Dr. H didn't offer new evidence; he merely reiterated what he said during prosecution direct.

I'm shocked to find Dr. H, and not Dr. D, is the subject of this motion. Really unbelievable!!! :banghead::stormingmad:

Still, they could of talked to Travis without the presence of Jodi in the house. That is disrepecful imo.

We have no idea what led up to them feeling the need to talk to Travis that night, do we?

I thought I understood what you were saying Sunny, evil is ugly. Everytime this happens and a poster is misunderstood by the written word it makes me see Alyce's testimony solely on Travis' written words with out the context she demanded for her own words as the bogus bunch of bs it was.

thanks..great example...............I remember my Granny always said 'God don't like ugly' She sure wasn't talking about someone countenance...she meant ugly actions. When we kids were acting up or said something unkind, she would tell us not to be ugly. I am sorry that anyone misunderstood or read something other than that.

Still, they could of talked to Travis without the presence of Jodi in the house. That is disrepecful imo.

When were the Hughes' suppose to talk to Travis, later by email? Both JA and TA lived no where near the Hughes'. I'd rather talk to him face to face and thought it was a good opportunity to do so then.......after the kids were sleeping so they could spend time with him.

Agree.

I also have Jodi's back on being more that a little annoyed someone decided to go through her backpack and remove stuff! I'd be furious too! If there was any concern after he lifted it, I would expect him to voice his concerns, not to take it upon himself to go into my things.

I wouldn't have stomped off, but I would have nipped that crap right in the bud so quick his head would have spun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's this about a backpack?

We have no idea what led up to them feeling the need to talk to Travis that night, do we?

Nope. And last night Chris Hughes said it would take eight hours to tell all of the stories, so obviously a LOT had happened.

A Time of Poor Judgment._____
Falsity is expecting rescue from Dr. Geffner as Jupiter of benefit visits her Venus. She is pinning lavish hopes on his testimony. The recent Full Moon ushered in a harsh opposition between Mars (& the Sun) opposite Saturn in the 8th House of Homicide and Death in the trial chart. Geffner enters the picture under this destructive influence that leaves the defense a bag of broken glass.

No, it isn't. There are many things in retrospect I wish I could go back and change. Hindsight being 20/20, etc.

People don't generally skulk around in the dead of night playing cloak and dagger games. If I thought you represented a danger to my children (as Chris indicated Sky feared, also), you would leave my home that night. I would tell my friend hotel's on me but that scary creepy chick GOTS. TO. GO.

You as a normal person would not be friendly with anyone who would be rude to another person for the sake of being rude.

We've all bitten our tongues and feigned having a pleasant time in the company of people we don't like. When someone sets off alarms, the Rules of Etiquette go out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brightshelby