Found Deceased NY - Stevie Bates, 19, Manhattan, 28 April 2012 *found in 2020*

The only person I saw at 1:19 in the video that is holding a water bottle comes up the escalator with a man, does a small circle looking where to go and he points toward the direction of the camera and they walk off that way together....am I looking at the wrong person? (Entirely possible!)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Those are not the right ones, Stevie Bates leaves the escalator at exactley
1:16 into the video.
Her hair is blond, bleached short dreadlocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3iQRTPYjM&feature=youtu.be

Stevie's mother (per The Charley Project info) states that her personality seemed to change after two friends died suddenly. I assume these deaths were accidental, but if not... could they have some association with Stevie's disappearance? Also, I'm wondering about the boyfriend (BK)... I assume LE has not named him as a POI? Has he made any recent statements &/or taken a polygraph?? TIA to anyone who might have answers :)

Does anyone know if this UID female found in Brooklyn (skeleton in suitcase that had been burned) has ever been identified? There's a sketch at the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/skeleton-found-bed-stuy-building-article-1.1324598

I know this UID was mentioned upthread as a possibility for Stevie. I can't find any info on whether or not this UID been IDed or if Stevie has been ruled out. Anybody know?

I couldn't find this UID listed at NamUs, which would be helpful since they often list rule-outs. I also couldn't find a thread for this UID over in our UID forum. Maybe someone would like to post her over there?

The age and timeline would fit for Stevie...

I would assume that the skeletal remains are not Stevie since the police should have been able to determine this by now (dna or teeth), and it would have been reported if it was a match.

I couldn't find this UID listed at NamUs, which would be helpful since they often list rule-outs. I also couldn't find a thread for this UID over in our UID forum. Maybe someone would like to post her over there?

I really thought this sadly was going to turn out to be here but since there's been no further word (and the article has been posted on her missing page since April 25th https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Stevie-Bates/443955159004350 ) it seems like it couldn't be--could it possibly take this long to determine whether or not it was her?

Her family held a vigil/march at Port Authority on the anniversary of when she went missing. I really hope this young woman is found but after such a long time with no clues whatsoever it seems unlikely.

The subway stations have cameras. They should have been checked to see if she boarded a train. If she went to Bklyn she went south bound. If she was going to Yonkers she would have traveled North on the # 4 train to the # 20 bus to Yonkers. I dont get it. Why view the cameras at the Port Authority only? Why stop looking ? This is where her trip begins. Not ends. It makes me shake my head. Missed opportunities.

The NY UID is now listed in Namus with photos of "acrylic nails with inset images of dollar bills," and no rule-outs.: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11447
Also, has dentals on file with a bridge from #7 to #11. I think that would either eliminate Stevie or confirm her. (Removable dentures is checked, which confuses me looking at the dental number chart.)

It seems to me, that the Charley Project information (with incorrect height listing for Stevie) implies this is a voluntary disappearance. I never got that impression from anything I've read about her. But I'd love for her to be alive & well living off the grid, although I don't believe it.

Eta to my prior post: I wouldn't think a young woman that is living the Occupy lifestyle/attitude would put dollar bills on her nails and #7-11 are upper front and her beautiful teeth look very natural to me so I agree that this is most likely not Stevie.

It seems to me, that the Charley Project information (with incorrect height listing for Stevie) implies this is a voluntary disappearance. I never got that impression from anything I've read about her. But I'd love for her to be alive & well living off the grid, although I don't believe it.

Eta to my prior post: I wouldn't think a young woman that is living the Occupy lifestyle/attitude would put dollar bills on her nails and #7-11 are upper front and her beautiful teeth look very natural to me so I agree that this is most likely not Stevie.

I get quite the adrenaline rush when Stevie's name shows up on the front page. It's a relief that she hasn't been found deceased (I totally agree that it's unlikely she had a bridge) and a disappointment that she's still missing.

I sent an e-mail to the Charley Project asking them to correct her height. I didn't ask but am curious about the last line in their account that she might be in the Oakland, CA area--I don't think I've read that anywhere else but it has been a long time since I really looked at her case.

I do, sadly, think something bad happened to her shortly after she arrived back in New York.

Stevie's NamUs page says that her DNA is in the system. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14876/1/

The NY UID female's DNA is also in the system. They would automatically run against each other. It does say tests not complete, so probably still doing some checking. With the newer info on the UID I don't think it's Stevie, but we should know for sure either way soon.

Bumping for Stevie, she looks like such a special girl and her mom's pain - unbearable.imo. Hoping that some how Stevie is alive somewhere, but if she is not, then hope she is located soon and returned to her loved ones.

Was there ever any word on the girl found in the burnt building? Im guessing it was not her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back