State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Status
Not open for further replies.
CARRIED OVER FROM PREVIOUS THREAD:

I'm not sure I understand. How does believing and speaking on the law of attraction make him a bad guy?

All we've heard about this "law" is the cartoon-kiddie version Jodi made up as part of her defense. I had never heard of it before this trial.

However, I personally think there are all kinds of things going on in this universe that we cannot understand or even begin to fathom. People try to find understanding in various ways.

If someone wants to pay to hear him speak on a subject, that is their right, just as it is his right to make his living speaking.

When you think of the Law of Attraction it reminds us of the golden rule which is in every religion today and from our past: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." You get what give. If everyone followed that rule it would be a much better world. The Law of Attraction is not new.

Is it common for folks from AZ to travel to Utah and California? Just wondering.

I hope Juan in closing uses a map to display her travels and cell phone usage. IMO unless someone is familiar a map really helps!!!

Once I saw the map.... I was overwhelmed at the ridiculousness of her lost, stranded with no gas tale... cross crossing into AZ twice tale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. That video I watched was a perfect ending. Drove home the points. The map made it sooo real. Who would have driven that many miles out of their way to do anything short of something premeditated!!??

Some of us may already be naked. j/k ;)

MTE!!!!!:floorlaugh:

I don't think they even conceived that a (psuedo).authority figure, Nurmi, would lie to them. So why they may have been quick to "believe" it, I doubt is was resolved in their minds.

The Hughes live in a culture where authority figures are respected and listened to. Their initial reaction to such an accusation would be to believe it, no matter how outlandish it might seem. questioning it would only come after reflection.

People who are thrown into the middle of a horrible murder investigation and who are having the minutae of their lives picked apart get some slack from me.

ITA! These are just normal, every day people who NEVER expected to be in this position!

Can you believe HLN are setting up screens in the street to broadcast closing arguments and the verdict? They couldn't do that here in Australia, people would be running around with their shirts off wearing the Australian flag as a cape and drinking beer, once the verdict was read everyone would hop in their cars and start doing burnouts while their mates hung out the windows screaming '*advertiser censored** YEAH!!!'

:rockon:

Competing with DT for most overwhelming stench of desperation.

If all the above is true, why were they so quick to believe Travis was a pedophile when the DT confronted them with the forged letters?

Good question. CH said last night that they knew JA was evil (referring to the time TA and JA spent the night at his house) Then, when TA was murdered he thought of JA right off the bat. I would think that when the DT told CH about the letters he would have became angry and just said once more that JA was evil and crazy and she is a liar. :moo:

I actually assumed the family knew what these emails were about .. since it sounds like nobody knows .. perhaps this will remain one of the enduring mysteries of the case. What did she do?

Everything she falsely accused TA of, and then some probably; e.g., lying, stalking, stealing, violent domestic abuse, and pedophilia.

I actually looked into that. Turns out, in a bizarre display of ethical standards, the Vegas sports bets don't put out odds or accept bets on murder trials.

You're talking about Las Vegas, New Mexico, right? :floorlaugh:

Or maybe they only take those bets under the table.

Yes, she used Travis for money. He paid for everything I bet and she just sucked the life out of him. :stormingmad:

MOO, but this quote speaks volumes regarding the Hughes' interest in Travis.....

"Shortly after they began hanging out, his business [and] income began to suffer," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She made it impossible for him to live a normal life."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

They couldn't conceive that the story given by the man charged with defending Travis' murderer might be suspect?

They don't come to the table thinking that an attorney is going to lie to them. They don't assume an officer of the court would present them with forged evidence.

They may have initially taken what he said at face value but certainly didn't reconcile the whole thing.

That's IMO

But that's the whole point of the petition, a kind of grass roots movement to change that somehow.

Just because its the state's burden to prove the defendant committed the crime they're being accused of, should not mean a defendant can come into court and make outrageous, slanderous comments with absolutely no proof to back it up, just to avoid the penalty for their crimes.

I keep thinking, what if Travis were seriously harmed, but he had lived? Jodi probably would have used this same defense or accused him of something else, with no proof. Yes, he would be here to defend himself, but that accusation of abuse and pedophilia would follow him the rest of his life. You cannot un-ring that bell. It's devastating.

Consider a man who was accused of molesting his own children, all because his soon-to-be ex wasn't getting what she wanted in the divorce settlement. He was a loving father and proved innocent, but some people will look sideways at him the rest of his life.

And there are "advocates" out there like LaViolette, who are all too willing to fight on a woman's behalf to prosecute a man, with zero proof.

Some kind of change needs to at least be put on the table for consideration. The defense of "My parents abused me - I can't be held responsible for any crime I commit.", has morphed into every excuse imaginable.

This is JMHOO.

I understand the desire behind this but I don't understand the reasoning. Jodi has presented evidence beyond her own testimony. (The tape, the texts, the t-shirt.). This seems to call for some outside arbiter to evaluate what evidence is cacceptable before it can be submitted to a jury. That is what pre-trial hearings are for. I don't see the point.

ITA. No matter WHAT some unscrupulous defense lawyer told me about my friend, I would not agree with it in some email (or anywhere else) unless I had an agenda.

I do not think for one daggum second that Travis was a pedophile. NO WAY NO HOW!!!!

But I do find it upsetting that Sky would so easily turn on Travis just because Nurmi told her some lie. Seriously? Gah!!!!

I cannot stress enough how insincere I find both Hugheses and I think this is EXACTLY why JM elected not to call either of them to the stand.

In stark contrast, there is the testimony of Deanna Reid. No agenda, no spin. If anything, she took a personal hit in admitting her sexual relationship to the victim, Travis. People seldom amaze me anymore, but that young woman has. I think the world of her.

The Hugheses? Not so much. I think Sky comes off as a "mean girl" and a busybody, and Chris as a guy more interested in the almighty dollar than the happiness of his "friend".

This is TOTALLY my take on these folks, and I understand others may not see things the same way. I am posting my opinions respectfully.

I certainly wouldn't feel good knowing the money I donated to the Alexanders was being administered by CH. nuh uh. Nope.

I learned long ago to never put anything past anyone. You never truly know what goes on behind other people's closed doors. If a person told me my friend wrote it down and it's been authenticated to boot. Id believe it. I have a child to protect and that's my number one priority. I'm the most loyal friend you'll ever find..., but my kid comes first.

I don't fault them for believing it for a second. I lay the blame firmly at Nurmi's feet.

AZ:
It is a conversation between Chris Hughes and Findthebrad.

If the sentence starts with @CHughes it is FROM findthebrad TO Chris.
If the sentence starts with @findthebrad it is FROM Chris TO findthebrad.
Hope that helps :)[/QUOT
:tyou:

Watching JA responding to the jurors questions I'd ridiculous she had a smile on her face the entire time she was describing the murder and when she was describing all parts of the sex life.. I think she particularly loved the juror questions, upon review! What a sicko..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Now, again this is from jury questions: JA says she would be pushing her limits in going into the woods to find a spot (referring to the little red riding hood thing) but she then, after killing TA is very willing to go into the woods with a bunch of males she was so afraid of that she needed to buy a gun to protect her self. Really?

You're talking about Las Vegas, New Mexico, right? :floorlaugh:

Or maybe they only take those bets under the table.

Yay! I smiled when I saw your avatar! :seeya:

She did something awful (no one knows what), he threatened to expose her, so she killed him. <<<<< this is what I have believed to be the case. And sadly, what ever it was will die with ja.

Even reading all of the texts and emails between JA and Travis, Chris still does not know what this awful thing was.

Many have speculated that JA was going to blackmail Travis with the sex tape and that she brought it with her on June 4th. I do believe that Travis was going to expose her and she did not get any assurances from him on his last day of life, so she carried out her murderous plan.

I still can't reconcile the sex pictures bearing that date into the scene, but there are so many pieces of this case that defy logic. I still am resolute in my conviction that this woman planned well in advance to obliterate this man and his reputation. She still lies to us this day and feels no remorse for her actions. She deserves to be set apart from the rest of humanity.

I learned long ago to never put anything past anyone. You never truly know what goes on behind other people's closed doors. If a person told me my friend wrote it down and it's been authenticated to boot. Id believe it. I have a child to protect and that's my number one priority. I'm the most loyal friend you'll ever find..., but my kid comes first.

I don't fault them for believing it for a second. I lay the blame firmly at Nurmi's feet.

Nefarias.

Does anyone know anything of what went on between Jodi and Travis AFTER the sex tape, and BEFORE May 26 .. we know she busted into his FB / email accounts .. anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member