State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we see some funny DT blunders during the closing arguments. Remember when Jose Baez said "the truth stops here!" Definitely a Freudian slip.

Yes, a great slip that was. Loved it.

I don't know if this is worth a poll, but how many here think that the jury won't get the case until Monday? I've seen it mentioned by a few posters, but I wonder if this is a general sentiment. I think the case will go to the jury sometime tomorrow. :moo:

I just thought of this..

does anybody think Jodi said "F'N Kill you B**ch" or "I'm going to F'n kill you b**ch" to Travis as he was sitting in the shower with that look on his face...

I feel there is always glimpses of Truth in all of her lies and stories shes told.

I happen to think that TA just might have said that half formed sentence after she started stabbing him........as his life was ebbing away

Just talked to my husband and told him that I wasn't going to watch the closings and gave him my "favorite team in the playoffs" analogy.

He said "WHAT!? I might be nervous for my team but I would still watch!" lol...I told him I would just catch the high points on HLN tonight and he said "You don't watch a highlight reel of your team in the playoffs...that's just ridiculous." He also reminded me that I've already received a "friendly visit" from one of the partners this week to find out why I had such bad billable hours in April, so I might as well finish what I started. Bless his heart!

He makes a good point...so I might be tuning in. This is the game winning touchdown...I just don't want team TA to choke! *wringing my hands.

:seeya: everyone! My stomach is full of butterflies. Can't wait to be blown away.

As we hit the home stretch just a couple of things. This has been the weirdest, most comical, maddening, sad and frustrating trial. Thank God for WS and all you fine people. WS has been a God send to laugh, cry and vent throughout the past four months.

Justice for Travis is right around the corner. I think it will be swift and just. It will make the chore of the past for months worth every second.

Lady Justice take the wheel!

I just thought of this..

does anybody think Jodi said "F'N Kill you B**ch" or "I'm going to F'n kill you b**ch" to Travis as he was sitting in the shower with that look on his face...

I feel there is always glimpses of Truth in all of her lies and stories shes told.
I'd say that 80-percent of the statements or issues that Jodi attributed to Travis (and that weren't corroborated by a third-party or Travis's own words/texts/emails) were either total fabrications or her own.

If I were on a jury I'd sure hate for anyone to compare me to or think of me as if I were a member of that other P12 jury. As an intelligent and independent adult I'd expect to be thought of and treated as me and not part of some other group way back a couple years. I'd be insulted that anyone would worry that I wouldn't do the job I took an oath to do and wouldn't follow the rules of the court and of the judge. I would only judge the case I was on and not try to "right a wrong" from some other case.

I hope we see some funny DT blunders during the closing arguments. Remember when Jose Baez said "the truth stops here!" Definitely a Freudian slip.

Or maybe a dramatic change of story like TA drowned in a pool?

I just hope that when the verdict is about to come in people don't come on here (or Twitter, etc.) and announce their wishful thinking with giant bolded-in-color "GUILTY, 1ST DEGREE"...

After the incredible shock of the CA trial, I am so hoping the jury gets this case right. Being from Canada I do not know the answer to this, so this is my question ...do you think people on the west coast of the USA would have heard how angry everyone was with the CA verdict being that it was across the country in Florida? Hopefully this jury was aware of that horrible outcome. Even though the JA jury haven't seen everything we have, there is still plenty of evidence to convict JA of first degree murder. I will be very interested in what this jury has to say when the trial is over.
bbm

I would be aghast if this jury considered the public's reaction to another case when deliberating this one.

They decide based on the evidence presented to them, they owe no member of the public, no media, no message boards, no website, no facebook pages anything. Any juror who would consider public reaction to their decision has no business being a juror. Anyone who thinks this jury somehow owes them something, a verdict, an interview, public appearances, is wrong. IMO

I'm surprised that court watchers would think it's okay to factor in the public's reaction in jury deliberatuions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419