MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: I tend to agree with you, although I haven't ruled out completely random.

If Jessica did not normally work Friday nights, the perp must have been driving by and noticed she was working, or just happened to go there that night, and started to formulate his plan.

We know he was there at least 2 hours prior to the abduction. Did he stay near the gas station the whole time?

Did he watch the various men engage in conversation with Jessica?

Did he drive around to other gas stations or places looking for a victim, and decide to go back near close?

Why not wait until Jessica went to her car to leave for the night???

Or maybe he came by a time or two when she was working and decided she was going to be his victim.

It's hard to say if Jessica was the intended target or any lone female employee that he could get his hands on.

I'm thinking this is very possible. Maybe he chose this gas station because it is so isolate from everything else.

i feel so badly for this police chief. what a huge monster to battle here, and add to that a city that is calling in about (seemingly) every silver van out there. kudos to him and his team for following through with all of the leads. i can only imagine how exhausted they are.

i just had a thought. i wonder if jessica is being held somewhere and is able to hear the news reports that are going on. i hope she doesn't lose hope. she has to know that everyone is working to bring her home alive. tomorrow will be 1 week and we still don't really seem to be going in a very strong direction. i hope the POI that is being questioned again is able to shed some light on this whole thing.

i wonder if maybe there's a chance that this individual was engaging in some other unlawful activity and doesn't want to admit to that and that's why they can't confirm his alibi? that's assuming he has nothing to do with jessica's disappearance. but if he doesnt, good grief, just admit to what you WERE doing that night and let LE get back to finding jessica. the longer he's being questioned, the more im starting to wonder!

Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo 4m
My first #jessicaheeringa story. Tomorrow marks one week since someone last saw her. Chief say search gets "more difficult every minute".

i feel so badly for this police chief. what a huge monster to battle here, and add to that a city that is calling in about (seemingly) every silver van out there. kudos to him and his team for following through with all of the leads. i can only imagine how exhausted they are.

i just had a thought. i wonder if jessica is being held somewhere and is able to hear the news reports that are going on. i hope she doesn't lose hope. she has to know that everyone is working to bring her home alive. tomorrow will be 1 week and we still don't really seem to be going in a very strong direction. i hope the POI that is being questioned again is able to shed some light on this whole thing.

i wonder if maybe there's a chance that this individual was engaging in some other unlawful activity and doesn't want to admit to that and that's why they can't confirm his alibi? that's assuming he has nothing to do with jessica's disappearance. but if he doesnt, good grief, just admit to what you WERE doing that night and let LE get back to finding jessica. the longer he's being questioned, the more im starting to wonder!

It's very possible. I think whoever did this has a record.

Here's what I'm thinking: The perp chose this specific location because A. it is closer to where he lives and B. He possibly knew there were no cameras around and C. because he would have a harder time being spotted because of how set off by itself the gas station is.

JMO.

From Google Street View, it seems kind of desolate out there. I would not want to work a late shift by myself at that location.

Did you get a map yet ... I have a bit of time now if we still need a map.

i have one in the works still. i haven't been able to do much work on it today because i'm so sleepy. ill try to see if i can post it. it's my first time! haha

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
Chief: The man questioned last night was questioned again for hours today. Still not cleared. #JessicaHeeringa @fox17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
Chief: The man questioned last night was questioned again for hours today. Still not cleared. #JessicaHeeringa @fox17

Well. I guess the guy hasn't lawyered up.

Wouldn't it be reasonable that additional surveillance video exists of the van? I was thinking of creating a map of 3 likely routes taken after the last video near Coin store and listing potential businesses to check for cameras. Could easily estimate the time the car would be at that spot. Do you think LE has already done this? Maybe a camera that is high def and could capture a plate number? If I lived nearby I would drive the potential routes and scout out cameras.

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 1m
The last transaction was 10:51pm and that person has been spoken to and cleared. #JessicaHeeringa

i have one in the works still. i haven't been able to do much work on it today because i'm so sleepy. ill try to see if i can post it. it's my first time! haha

Thanks ... I've added the second video surveillance spot to the earlier map.

I love all you sleuthers-some do the maps-some do the motive/means/opportunity thinking-some do the psychological reasons thinking-some do the background/history/criminal checks-some do the social media research-some do the policing of rumors and insensitive postings-some do the latest news reports..........
It is wonderful to see you all here.

I read somewhere inthe news ,I do not rember where, that the front licence plate was missing from the van in vidio shots. My idea was to check the same video locations several hours earlier when it might have been going to the station and would give a clear video picture of the back plate.

Could someone give me a synopsis of any new developments today?
Watched the closing arguments in the Arias trial and I am wayyy behind!
:seeya:

The problem is the chief doesent have 4 hours to take the glasses in and get them checked by Jessicas doctor. He would not be available for press confrences and updates to websleuthes and others. He cant use the helicopter pilot that would really slow the search down. He cant use the K9 officers for the same reason. The case has to slow way down for him to have men todo this. I suggested earlier that the FBI could help and should as it looks like organized crime is after Jessica for the previous case she is involved in.

What previous case is she involved in? If this is fact, this could be the key to her disappearance???? IMHO

Chief (paraphrased):

Were able to cancel the rescue team since helicopter was available and were able to use instead of rescue team.

Dogs looking for any human scents around the area where shots were heard.

Last Chief knew, individual [from last evening] still being questioned.

http://fox17online.com/live/#axzz2S30f0zJC

BBM: Well, of course there are going to be human scents around where the shots were heard! Good grief.

Have they brought in SAR dogs to look for decomp scents *sorry*

Search and rescue dog

-Typically used by law enforcement personnel for finding missing people
-Work with dedicated handlers

Police dog

-Typically used in tasks involving police and other law-enforcement personnel
-Most are of the German Shepherd breed
-May also be used to detect drugs or explosives

http://recomparison.com/comparisons...cue-dog-vs-police-dog-how-are-they-different/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member