MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Luciano always has the clear insightful--experienced professional in LE? take on what is happening--not over the top but rational--

Is this reference meant for me??
I have just followed hundreds of cases over the years, in any event.

Muskegon isn't a huge place. People know this guy. It's possible he is from the Grand Rapids area and was in town on business - the van? GR is huge and it isn't far. My sister commutes often to Grand Rapids from Muskegon for work projects....hopefully GR residents are watching this case closely.

Had this POI been seen in the store often before? If no one recognized him I wonder if Jessica didn't know him, either, and he was from out of town.

LLL is still not off my radar. The sketch looks like him a lot and he lives 3 minutes away from the Exxon station (on Airport rd) and he's a RSO (Tier 3).

I wish there was a way we could pull up all of his convictions.

Muskegon isn't a huge place. People know this guy. It's possible he is from the Grand Rapids area and was in town on business - the van? GR is huge and it isn't far. My sister commutes often to Grand Rapids from Muskegon for work projects....hopefully GR residents are watching this case closely.

Had this POI been seen in the store often before? If no one recognized him I wonder if Jessica didn't know him, either, and he was from out of town.

I thought the abduction happened in Norton Shores and not Muskegon?

Amazing. REALLY good. I'm particularly intrigued by the credit card record analysis suggestion. That's wonderful use of available data points. Lets look at what we have here instead of what we don't (cameras). You might even expand that analysis to nearby businesses that would give the perp an excuse to be in the area.

I also agree with you that there is probably a substance abuse issue of sorts. Probably not addiction, but could be binge-related. Doubtful it's strictly alcohol, and more in line with the combo alcohol/stimulant variety (cocaine, meth, etc.).

I think this cat lives alone, and not by choice. He has some social/interpersonal problems that keeps him from friends, spouses, and girlfriends. Someone would have turned him in by now if they were close enough to him to recognize incongruence in his personality, movements, or patterns. Unless, of course, that he has co-conspirators or accessories, which I'm not seeing as plausible at the moment.

This cat is off the "life" radar and fights a helluva lot of demons, IMO.

Edited to add: Yes, I agree with you that they should be honing in on data points. If they believe this cat is a regular customer, then it would be idiotic not to filter the purchases. It would take some time, but doing it will probably field them better suspects. Same with phone pings and the sort.

And if people think they knew each other because she went with him, all he had to do was pull a gun on her. That would make me go, unfortunately, unless I carried a gun on me.

I thought the abduction happened in Norton Shores and not Muskegon?

My mom and sisters live in Muskegon. She was abducted 5 minutes from my moms house and 10 minutes from my sister. They are one and the same......

I have had a sick feeling all day that this minivan is not the kidnap vehicle and we are all way off base. I have never followed a case so closely before, and maybe I'm just feeling defeated after a full week. The sketchy (imo) witness story, the glasses, the lack of leads...finding out that a rso was allowed to register his address 161 ft from an elementary school...watching the melee of locals piling onto the station owner who had already been declared not a poi by le, the misleading reporting by local media...I feel like it's all working against bringing Jessica home.

This is why I quit posting. I so want her to be found, but I feel like we are all barking up the tree on the wrong side of the field. Not that we have a choice, but still... it's frustrating. I can't imagine how LE feels, I am really impressed with the attention they're giving this.

Well, complete long shot, but, I googled "suspect sketch" and here is what came up.

Anyone want to look at these for a match/similarity?

I doubt this is the first crime by this guy.

suspect sketch - Google Search

Did anyone see Greta tonight?she had a phone interview with a guy who could have seen the van and man.

Looking at the maps ... just a guess ... but I'm wondering if he went south on 96.

Maybe not ... very confusing ... maybe someone local can say what highway and what direction is most likely given the route known so far.

How do you look up prior convictions? (not just sexual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd