Closing arguments- thread #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I don't see how they could be brought up. That's why so much of her stalking behavior isn't available either as it isn't in evidence, some likely because it was deemed too prejudicial.

I don't disagree, without his laying a foundation.

The Hugheses were tainted and cut both ways.

Surely I'm not the only one who finds interesting that the two men who could arguably provide the most relevant and timely insights into JA's psychopathy are now dead.

Legal question

Is Jodi meeting with her attorneys before the closing?

I read and loved all your books Nancy Drew! Maybe that's why you typed exactly what was on my mind.

OMG are we sisters?

I read every Nancy Drew book printed. :floorlaugh:

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas! Wurmi will of course, insist that Jodi returned the gas can at the 2nd Walmart. That's why he didn't cross the Walmart mgr. He didn't want to give Juan time to investigate this new and fraudulent excuse.

I live in Michigan, near Detroit and i love hockey so i watch CBC on sat nights and during the playoffs, but no other time

:floorlaugh: See? Even our good friends south of the border only tune into CBC Saturday nights. How funny to learn that! Thanks! :floorlaugh::seeya:

I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

Happy to see today Juan must have had an advisor telling him to "tone" it down about 10 notches, made him much easier to listen to.

Whether he did or didn't use an "advisor" is a moot point, though I believe in Juan and that he uses his own instincts. Nonetheless, agree with you that he did hit a home run today in closing up the gap and bringing it home for the jury in his very passionate point-on closing statement. :seeya: That, and that Juan is the voice for the victim in this case, which is Travis Alexander. Which is what really matters. :rockon:

I remember that, it sounded like "(giggle) still beat me? brat" as though she was playing a game. :scared:

And some think it was, "I still beat you. Brat."

Either way, weird beyond weird.

I'm sorry, but I always laugh at that text where MM says 'Jodi wouldn't squish a bug .. I caught her on many occasions fishing bugs out of the tub'

What the FORK? Like seriously dude. Seriously.

:dunno: I thought they were told by the defense about "letters"
that TA wrote about his "issues".
I have no idea who he allegedly wrote them to.

I think I know who he "wrote" them to. But they left out the cover page.

Dear God,

I'm writing you these letters because I know that the defense won't be able to subpoena you in court for Jodi's trial, but maybe if you can get an angel to send these down and let everyone know about my "issues," I'd appreciate it.

Between you and me, we both know I didn't do that, but let's face it, we also know we don't want Jodi trying to worm her way into heaven if she gets the death penalty. Maybe these letters will keep her on earth a little bit longer and nowhere near me.

By the way, in case this doesn't work and she does get the DP, please change the codes on the pearly gates and lock up that doggie door. Also, I want tinted clouds, so she can't see me.

Travis.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone but I'd fear for Travis' soul if that chick got let loose on the spirit world.

I'm actually looking forward to Nurmi closing.

Question: Can Juan object during closing arguments? Nurmi did today a couple of times, didn't he?

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas! Wurmi will of course, insist that Jodi returned the gas can at the 2nd Walmart. That's why he didn't cross the Walmart mgr. He didn't want to give Juan time to investigate this new and fraudulent excuse.

I don't disagree, without his laying a foundation.

The Hugheses were tainted and cut both ways.

Surely I'm not the only one who finds interesting that the two men who could arguably provide the most relevant and timely insights into JA's psychopathy are now dead.

I assume you're referring to Travis as one, but who's the other?

Unless he has proof the exact same gas can was returned at the other Salinas Walmart I think the jury will disregard it. He can IMPLY it was returned at the other Walmart, but JA said it was the SAME Walmart. Frankly, even if he proved the other Walmart just so happen to have a return of the same can on the same day, I wouldn't believe it was Jodi. Because of: the gas station receipts and JA's insistence on the stand that it was the same Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2