Closing arguments- thread #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi already testified she returned it to the same Wal-Mart where she made the purchase.

There are 2 Walmarts in Salinas! Wurmi will of course, insist that Jodi returned the gas can at the 2nd Walmart. That's why he didn't cross the Walmart mgr. He didn't want to give Juan time to investigate this new and fraudulent excuse.

Okay...another defense attorney just gave his :twocents:

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

I can decode it:
Normal people like you and me, see it for what it is.

He is a DEFENSE attorney. He is saying what he would say if he were defending this lying murderer.

Really? Why would he have had any insight wrt Jodi? Did they have any type of relationship? I only know about Jodi's relationship with Matt and Desiree.

I think you mean Dan and Desiree Freeman.

And yes, Joshua was purportedly close to the lightly-friended sociopath, and vice-versa.

Is that where she got the idea for the self-help pedophile pamphlets she claims to have given TA for "his issues", as she testi-lied under oath?

Smart money says so...

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

No worries...its probably the same one who has been spouting that stuff for over a month now....pffffftttt

I think so. Anybody else remember that? It was one of those under her breath things she said when she was in there alone. :scared: I hope I am not delirious.

"I still beat you...........brat."

That's what the JM Facebook group finally got out of it about maybe 6 weeks ago? We all ran it over and over on headsets, speakers, etc., and that's about as close as we could get.

I remember that, it sounded like "(giggle) still beat me? brat" as though she was playing a game. :scared:

I thought what she said was, " ... still beat me.... brat". Then didn't she start crying? For herself of course, because she knew that at least at this point, she had been beaten due to being caught, which is something that she never ever thought would happen. Though maybe I should go back and listen again when I have time.

I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

She clearly states a few times she returned it to the same Walmart she bought it in. If they try to pull this they would need evidence IMO and I believe it is to late for new evidence to be introduced....I Think...I hope

I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

-------------
Hi, I could swear they checked another walmart. I believe there is a way the manager could check other places by internet like the warehouse, distribution place etc..I remember talk of a second store. :seeya:

It was bizarrely TMI on the stand. But since you asked sincerely, I'd say optional only in general for women (but optional, sure!). Individual differences might have some ladies needing extra stimulation, though, so I wouldn't be very surprised to hear a friend say that or something.

JA offering that up on the stand seemed very strange, though, I thought. Probably her demeanor!

Oh, I thought that was part of their phone sex convo or text messaging.

Jodi so perks up every time sex is brought up.

HLN bleeped dildo? Are you kidding me? And they don't just bleep the word, they bleep many words around it.

Have I told you lately, HLN sucks?

What he said is logical to us with normal minds/brains.

What he failed to take into account before opening his mouth is that JA is not normal.

IMO

Thanks. That's interesting. The Hughes might have been trying to help Travis, but from what I read, Skye seems emotionally charged and impulsive. It was really wrong of her to get in Travis' business like that and to do it over emails. I think Skye forgot she was Travis' friend, not Jodi's. At least from the email. I saw more of it on azcentral.com.

But I guess that's how manipulative Jodi is. Or it could be how Skye is for wanting to believe the worst about Travis. Didn't she fall for the idea that she was a pedophile?

I believe that's just how manipulate and seductive JA is, even to another woman. She's a pro. Anyway, these emails were from 2007. Before the real JA revealed herself, imo

Remember when she told Dect Flores he was so weird? I about fell off my chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was an attempt to flirt with him.

Such a mind blowing idiotic statement for that defense attorney to make! The blond defense attorney (Holly?) on HLN has said the same thing in the past. I shake my head every time. It's such a dumb statement - it's insulting that she even thinks anybody would be stupid enough to buy it.

Well she did ... She already had the knife .. She wanted to feeeeeeel it IMO she wanted to sink the knife into his flesh .. She took the gun because she was worried he'd overpower her so had it for backup .. She shot him to make sure he was dead and because she wanted to keep killing him.

Whether he did or didn't use an "advisor" is a moot point, though I believe in Juan and that he uses his own instincts. Nonetheless, agree with you that he did hit a home run today in closing up the gap and bringing it home for the jury in his very passionate point-on closing statement. :seeya: That, and that Juan is the voice for the victim in this case, which is Travis Alexander. Which is what really matters. :rockon:

Juan had a co-pilot today - angel wings on his shoulder! When he referred to the blood smear in the hallway as a 'rainbow arch'...I lost it.
If JA had a conscience, she would not have been able to stay in that courtroom during Juan's flawless re-creation of the heinous murder she committed. She has no remorse and will never beg for Travis's forgiveness. Rotten to the core!

Jurors must be reeling from the obvious extent of Jodi's premeditation.

All the pre-planning Jodi did shows how consumed she was to sneak in and out of Arizona to kill Travis.
Days and nights and miles consumed with her premeditation to murder this man she said she loved.
It still shocks me that someone could be that cold and evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88