Closing arguments- thread #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 10m
Jury will deliberate next week from 9:00 am to 4:30 until they reach a verdict. #JodiArias
Retweeted by micki
Expand
Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@jvelezmitchell 10m
Jury deliberations will be Monday to Friday 12:00pm to 7:30pm ET for #JodiArias Follow me to find out the moment a verdict is in!
Expand

take our pick....I am going with the 9-4:30!
It's the same.
Jane is giving EST time.

He did not mischaracterise it. He got her to admit that her finger was injured that day. What more is needed? We know she was stabbing him. Are we to believe she was peeling an apple or something? Or injured her finger on a margarita glass, or a bit of metal, or another glass or...or? That day?

Yes, we can infer that, but there was still no need for Juan to state it as a fact -- i.e that Jodi said she incurred the injury while stabbing Travis. She did not say that directly, just that her ring finger injury is the only visible injury from June 4th.

Again, she never said that she sustained the injury while stabbing Travis. That's what Juan told the jury she said and that was FALSE.

Since Jodi Ann said the "evil ninja gurl" had the knife and injured her hand with it, I believe it's fair to extrapolate when it was proven that "evil ninja gurl" was a figment of Jodi Ann's fertile imagination, and that the only knife-wielder at the crime scene was Jodi Ann...that Jodi Ann cut her own finger while stabbing Travis. <sorry for long sentence>

Again, she never said that she sustained the injury while stabbing Travis. That's what Juan told the jury she said and that was FALSE.

She told Det. Flores that she injured it in the struggle while stabbing Travis.

Masterful! I wish Flores had a crystal ball when telling her about Juan and could have also told her "You're going to make him famous! And Travis will be loved by people all over the world. You will be the most hated person outside of Florida."
She's toast.

Well said! And since Juan's John Donne quote has inspired me, let me quote from Mary Stewart and say that they will be remembered when her name is just a "hissing in the dark."

After the verdict I don't want to hear another word about this woman. I don't want to know about her Christmas on death row, I don't want to see her amateurish art, I don't want to read her manifesto, and I don't want to read a book about her.

You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!

Wasn't manslaughter what Jodi originally put on the table years ago? Then time served? Bet this was at JA's insistence.

I understand all the jitters, esp after what the jury in Fl. did. But I feel good about this virdict. Juam was amazing, the DT was weak and Jodi's lies will convict her. I just hope they come to a decision quickly because after the abuse the DT kept heaping on them over the last 4 months, they deserve closure and peace!

Schedule per Beth Karas (jurors set for themselves)

9-4:30 (AZ time)

noon-7:30 ET

Mon - Friday

She did not say that she injured her finger while she was stabbing Travis. I remember the exchange quite clearly and Juan mischaracterized that testimony.

She merely said yes to a question about hurting it that day. Juan did not need to go further than that.
I think there's been mischaracterization of testimony aplenty. The defense is famous for it by now! I've sat through nearly every day of this trial and don't know how she hurt her finger...apples, glass, knife. I don't know and I really don't care either. Whether she cut it on a glass or on the blade of the knife she repeatedly plunged into Travis' back is rather moot.

The fact that she has admitted using that knife is all that matters...its up for the jury to decide if they believe self-defense/COP. A reasonable juror may very well infer though that her blood, co-mingled with the victim's, must have come from somewhere...like a cut to her hand. I know I certainly would.

JMO

Beth K reporting that they have chosen 9-4:30 as their hours

So are we sure that the jury is done for today? Can we be set free for the rest of the day?

She DOES say that the only visible injury she incurs while killing TA is the injury to her left finger. Clear as day she says it. I remember being completely floored that she had slipped up so badly. Even JM was taken aback and he say "pardon?".

Here's the link. Go to 2:20:30

http://youtu.be/AJ4Svvm7reY

And, BAM, a genius Web Sleuther finds the evidence.

Wow oh wow!!

Long time lurker 1st time poster...

I just wanted to say a prayer for Travis and the family... My god be with them and keep them strong through these few next days... And may the Voice of Reason speak through the Jury... Juctice is coming Jodi... Mark My Words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member