Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Danny's' evidence may very well not be so important if the prosecutors can find good evidence that TT and DT placed the bombs at the marathon and/or killed SC, but if their evidence is weak then 'Danny' could be very important. The defence are bound to highlight his changing versions and test his credibility as a witness.

They'll use his testimony to federal investigators and testimony given under oath at a trial. They will not be consulting a newspaper report

all the articles and such don't mean diddly, it's just noise for the masses. In the end the only witness evidence that will be used in court will be from interviews given under oath during a deposition or given to federal investigators during the course of the investigation.

Quoting myself

This is the link to the complaint:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138931281/Criminal-Complaint-Against-Azamat-Tazhayakov-And-Dias-Kadyrbayev

What had me worried is on page 6, point 13 onwards. It describes DT's position, action and movements prior and just after the bombings. What concerns me are words such as "it appears that" and "apparently".

And for all who might now think I'm trying to find excuses - I don't! I firmly believe that TT and DT are responsible for these two bombings. I just wonder whether it will hold up in court if they can't actually see him putting his knapsack down, if it only "appears" that he did so, or "apparently" did so. I sounds like the video footage does not clearly show that he had the knapsack on him when he stopped in front of that restaurant. So, defence could argue that he left it somewhere else, and another person put the knapsack with the bomb in that spot.

Again, I don't believe that this is what happened, but what I or anyone else believes is mostly irrelevant in court.

What do you all think? Is the description of DT's action clear? Will it be enough evidence? Or is it only circumstantial?

One of the many photos available from the marathon event show DT standing behind the R family outside the Forum and there is an item that looks as though it could be his backpack on the ground behind the R's. However, in the charging document it is stated that all available footage and photos have been carefully examined and there is nothing (other than his bag) shown in them that could have been the source of the blast. But, in another picture can be seen a package sitting next to a bin just in front of the barrier and just a foot or two away from where the R's were standing when the bomb exploded. Therefore I don't understand how the investigators were able to say that the images show "nothing" else that could have caused the blast without mentioning and discounting that package.

Awful though it is to think of it, I believe the nature and location of the injuries sustained by the victims at that location, especially the R family, may be crucial in determining where the blast came from. If their main injuries were to the back then DT's backpack is in the frame, but if they are more to the front then the package near the bin comes into play. Also if barriers etc were blown forward, possibly DT's bag, but if backward, possibly the package.

It could be the subject of extensive forensic evidence and expert testimony from both sides at trial, IMO. I say watch this space!

It just occurred to me! Because Danny jumped out before DT could come back and pump the gas, they likely couldn't have gone much further. Knowing also that there would soon be a BOLO or APB out on the Mercedes they couldn't take the time to get the gas. Yet another reason to go back and get the Honda.

Didn't DT himself say it had to do with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, plus they are favoriting videos and such that are political in regards to terrorism? What would suffice as proof for you?

Respectfully snipped.

I have not yet seen evidence that DT has said anything at all about being involved in the bombings or about his brother's involvement. I've only seen media reports that cite anonymous sources and unnamed 'officials close to the investigation'. I'm going to wait until this is verified by someone willing to put his name to it.

The videos may be relevant, but maybe not. It depends on their content and context IMO.

BBM. Cite source please wherein you know for a fact the carjacked victim's real name is not even Danny. Or are you making this claim because he's Chinese and therefore, cannot have an "American" name? I don't get it. Why are you questioning his name when that is what he and LE both gave as his real name to the media?

No, Danny's not a key witness. Others above have explained it quite eloquently.

I'm not understanding how whether DT's statements regarding Danny was not legally obtained affects the VERACITY of DT's statements. The fact is DT made statements to LE about carjacking Danny. Whether DT was mirandized or not prior to his making these statements do not affect the truthfulness of his statements. Furthermore, why would DT lie about carjacking Danny? What purpose would it serve DT? For all intents and purposes, Danny by reporting the T bombers to the police, helped get DT's brother TT killed. So why would DT be presumably protecting Danny by perpetuating lies about the T brothers carjacking Danny? Do you see that that doesn't make any sense?

Anyhow, I'm not going to have a protracted conversation about this any longer. You're entitled to your opinion, however unreasonable it may be.

Do you have a link to any report about DT allegedly having talked about the carjacking? I haven't seen anything like that, only allegedly about the bombing.

These two brothers are really not so different from suicide bombers in other countries or other criminals who place roadside IEDs. Those types of killers are typically referred to as terrorists and many of them seem to be on their own- virtually acting on their own desires. When TT ran out of ammunition, he walked straight into the line of fire...sounds like a death wish to me. DT, he doesn't seem to have had the same mentality as his brother. All IMO.

Or maybe he did it just to give his brother a chance to get away.

The brown paper bag inside a white plastic bag (or whatever it was) that was in front of the metal barriers could not have been the source of the explosion, IMO, since photos of the scene post-blast show the barriers bent toward the street. If the blast had originated in front of the barriers, I think it would have blown the metal barriers backwards, away from the street.

Based on photographic evidence, the explosion clearly came from behind the metal barriers, since the metal barriers were bent toward the street post-blast.

Pre-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836530.jpg

Post-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836529.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-marathon-bomb-photo-shows-1836532

<modsnip>

Do you have a link to any report about DT allegedly having talked about the carjacking? I haven't seen anything like that, only allegedly about the bombing.

Seeing how he ran his own brother over in Danny's stolen SUV I don't think we need transcripts of DT's interrogation to acknowledge he was involved with the car jacking.

We have Danny's interview with LE placing DT at the carjacking
We have Danny's SUV on video at the Shell station
We have DT on video at the Shell station
We have DT in Danny's SUV at the shootout
WE have DT at leaving shootout running over his brother

I think it's safe to assume DT was at the carjacking of Danny's SUV

Having read your posts I'm really curious as to why you're so focused on disparaging the carjack victim?

The brown paper bag inside a white plastic bag (or whatever it was) that was in front of the metal barriers could not have been the source of the explosion, IMO, since photos of the scene post-blast show the barriers bent toward the street. If the blast had originated in front of the barriers, I think it would have blown the metal barriers backwards, away from the street.

Based on photographic evidence, the explosion clearly came from behind the metal barriers, since the metal barriers were bent toward the street post-blast.

<modsnip>.

If I remember correctly there was something like 2 hours between pics. the pic of the bag was not just a moment or two before the bomb went off

Seeing how he ran his own brother over in Danny's stolen SUV I don't think we need transcripts of DT's interrogation to acknowledge he was involved with the car jacking.

We have Danny's interview with LE placing DT at the carjacking
We have Danny's SUV on video at the Shell station
We have DT on video at the Shell station
We have DT in Danny's SUV at the shootout
WE have DT at leaving shootout running over his brother

I think it's safe to assume DT was at the carjacking of Danny's SUV

Having read your posts I'm really curious as to why you're so focused on disparaging the carjack victim?

:goodpost:

I agree. I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would spend so much time & energy attacking a kidnapping victim. I've never seen such a thing. Good grief.

If I remember correctly there was something like 2 hours between pics. the pic of the bag was not just a moment or two before the bomb went off

Nevertheless, if the brown paper bag next to the curb was the source of the explosion, the metal barriers would have bent backward towards the spectators, not outward, toward the street.

I saw another photo that I had never seen. It showed that at some point that bag, probably of someone's trash from snacks etc was actually behind the barrier at some point. So, it seems that someone actually moved the bag to the street side of the barrier before the backpack was left by the tree. I'll try to find the other pic.

Respectfully snipped.

I didn't watch or hear any live coverage as it happened, but I do know that there were all sorts of reports being generated, such as that one or both of the suspects had suicide vests on and that they had multiple firearms, both of which were false. As I understand it, the media was kept well at a distance and so could only report what they were hearing rather than seeing, and the various LE outlets (scanner, twitter, interviews etc) were giving conflicting and inconsistent accounts of what was happening.

if any one knows where I can find any live audio or video covering the shootout I would be interested in reviewing it.

If Andrew Kitzenberg was tweeting and taking pictures while he was watching what was going on he couldn't have also been watching every action that was occurring in his line of sight at the same time, so his account can't just be taken as totally accurate IMO. The other witness who called into a radio station also saw some of what was happening. I don't think there's any way we can say one is definitely right and the other definitely wrong at this moment. They are just two eyewitness accounts from different locations at the scene and one or neither could be accurate.

As for the alleged pressure cooker bomb at the scene, where did you get the information you've quoted on that. Did Andrew actually see it being ignited, thrown, the lid coming off? Do you have a link to this info.?

He tells the story in the photo captions. Under one, he says:

"The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10 -15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots."

I just looked at his photos for the first time (too bad he didn't video!) and one thing I noticed was that the caption under one photo claims that one can 'see' that both brothers are shooting at LE in the picture. *However, I can't see that at all. I see one man, TT presumably (the larger man on the left) with his arms raised as though he's shooting, and the smaller one next to him has his arms down. In fact, in no photos on his blog do I see DT with his arms raised, or even throwing weapons, IEDs, etc. That doesn't mean he didn't hurl a grenade (for all I know), just that the photos don't show this. Added to that, the fact that no gun was ever found in the boat--and presumably LE now thinks they only had one gun, as that was given for the reason for Sean's murder--an unsuccessful attempt to steal a gun.

All this is said not to 'defend' DT at all, but to illustrate how easily people can make generalizations that are not true--even eye witnesses with cameras. No gun nor shooting stance is shown by DT in his photo--yet the witness says it "shows both brothers shooting." We know now there was only one gun. So, what seems more likely (based on these photos and especially in hindsight as it played out with DT's capture) is that DT was standing closely next to his brother (who was shooting with the only gun they had), but at this particular scene played a slightly less aggressive, more supplemental role as far as weaponry (eg. getting more ammo from the green sedan and keeping the supply handy for TT). TT also hurled the pc bomb according to this account as well, then charged police, and as he was running and being shot down, DT turned the Mercedes around, aggressively driving through the arrest scene hitting his brother and LE cars.

As I've read it, there have been a lot of "reasons" - not excuses. A reason is a contributing factor. An excuse is a way to say it wasn't his fault. Those are two different things.

I think it's unhelpful to immediately jump on people looking at reasons and pretend to think that they are saying it's not his fault. What possible good can that do? Reasons are legitimate ways of investigating contributing factors. There are even necessary for establishing patterns. Police do it, psychologists do it all the time.

For instance if we say a serial killer murdered someone and that he was a sociopath, we are saying that his sociopathy was probably a contributing factor in his ability to commit a heinous crime. There's no implication in that statement of excusing him for the crime.

When someone says that DT was young, stoned, idolized his brother, etc - those are likely contributing factors in his ability to commit a crime. There is no implication of "excusing" him for it.

I mean unless someone has been posting "it wasn't his fault" and I'm just missing it somewhere.

It's smart to try to dig deeper.

There is never a reason or an excuse for what evil people do. Except evil.

JMO

Pre-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836530.jpg

Post-blast photo:

Second-Boston-bomb-1836529.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-marathon-bomb-photo-shows-1836532
<snipped>

BBM.

Just another perspective (and I'm no conspiracy nut), but I noticed these two before/after photos earlier, and actually, one of the metal barriers appears partially wrapped around the mailbox. And from other photos at this blast site--as well as photo 2 here--it's clear that at least one of the barriers landed on top of a couple people after the blast--which, to me, indicates a blast originating from the street side of the barrier. This has been niggling at me.

PIM - can you find the pics that you mentioned & post them here? I'd be interested in looking at them. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07