MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
007? 99?

Heather Walker ‏@HeatherTV8 1m
@NSPDChiefShaw tells me today they added secret agents from the FBI and detectives from Ottawa County to the search #jessicaheeringa

Looks like she updated it to remove the FBI reference, which makes sense:

@NSPDChiefShaw tells me secret agents and detectives from Ottawa County are now on the case. #jessicaheeringa

Ottawa County is to the South of where the Exxon is and is the place where there were multiple reports of a guy in a silver or grey van parked outside various gas stations just watching the employees inside.

The TA Hicks guy is from Ottawa County, Spring Lake. Which Spring Lake is one of the towns mentioned having fielded complaints about a creeper in a van watching gas station employees.

Not sure about the efficacy of noting that there are "secret" or undercover? LEOs working a case. I thought maybe it was an auto-correct mistake--she meant "several" and her phone gave her "secret". But since she deleted the FBI part, I assume she proofed the rest of it as well. '

Go, secret agents, go.

Just found these rules for Illinois. Wrong state but maybe Michigan follows this same procedure.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/faq....d=ec30ce8dad4b59a4d9b86e387b162a1e3d7f#photos

How do photos get posted on the web site? Why do some offenders not have a photo on file?

"By law, every time a sex offender registers, the local law enforcement agency must take a photo of the offender. The local law enforcement agency must forward a copy of the photo to the Illinois State Police to be added to the web site.

Some offenders lack photos on file due to a photo not being taken at registration with the local law enforcement agency, or because the photo was never forwarded to the Illinois State Police. The Illinois State Police tries to ensure all sex offenders have a photo attached to their information. If you see an offender that lacks a photo on the web site, you should contact the local law enforcement agency to inquire about the lack of a photo."

Now she deleted the other secret agent tweet, and tweeted this instead. Please use the Cone of Silence when discussing this tweet.

Heather Walker ‏@HeatherTV8 4m
@NSPDChiefShaw tells me secret agents and detectives from Ottawa County are now on the case. #jessicaheeringa

I think we broke the cone!

Seems like that poor police chief feels he has to justify himself all the time. I mean, we know he is trying.

I guess they are clearing people. Not sure what else they can do, if they cannot pin down that van and no one hands over an absolute match to both vehicle and description.

I just have a bad feeling this guy lives in another area and that even if he is an RSO, he won't show up in their sweep. Or else he is just a regular felon, not listed anyplace.

^^Would you risk a long trip with a just kidnapped girl?

He wouldnt of killed her in the van, so taking a long trip would seem foolish...

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone Fox 17

Shaw: Some road patrol officers turned "temporary detectives" to work #JessicaHeeringa case @FOX17

Shaw: Up to 50 investigators on the task force working #JessicaHeeringa case

Shaw: Investigators have interviewed at least 14 people today #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

New detectives added to the task force today to find #JessicaHeeringa they continue to follow up on tips and leads @FOX17

#JessicaHeeringa's family says the continued support of the community gives them hope @FOX17

Shaw: The tips are still coming in, even got one from Brazil today #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

I decided I'm going to write a program that collects all sex offenders in a given state and matches them to a vehicle. Then I'm going to make it so you can search by vehicle type or make etc etc.. probably going to take me a while as I will be doing it in my spare time but I feel like it would be really really useful in a lot of cases I read about on here

There are legal considerations concerning bringing information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone and this is NOT allowed at Websleuths.

What is allowed: if when a child/person goes missing or is harmed searching the sex offenders registries in the area and posting information, along with maps showing how close they are to the crime scene.

This is allowed, because we have local people reading and posting here, on every case at Websleuths, so this activity is within the guidelines.

After an initial post is made regarding an SO, it is good practice to reduce the name down to initials, so that searches of the SO's name do not show pages of posts about that particular SO.

If you have any questions about this information, please pm a moderator and they will help you.

Thanks,

Salem

I was napping with my DD, coming in and out of sleep, and I saw/dreamed of sand. sand buckets being filled up and closed with yellow lids. I had been thinking about JH's son and what he must be going through and how he'll process this now and in the future. and then that's what I saw when I drifted off. sand buckets. does that have any meaning to the local area?

Well, beaches here by the dozens. And Nugent Sand Company...in Norton Shores I believe. Or maybe city of Muskegon.

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone Fox 17

Shaw: The tips are still coming in, even got one from Brazil today #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

They are getting tips from freaking South America and yet no one in West Michigan can put a name to the sketch? Wouldn't mind being the deputy assigned to follow up on that Brazil lead.

He wouldnt of killed her in the van, so taking a long trip would seem foolish...

I think Holly Bobo's kidnapper got on I-40 after cruising around town for a bit. And they say he made a stop of fifteen minutes in a cemetery, according to cell pings. He may have restrained her then. And this was broad daylight. It probably took a while until vehicle description was put out in Jessica's case, as LE probably went to the store first, looked around etc. so he could have gotten out of the general area quickly.

While you're at it can you write a filter that can narrow RSOs down by height, weight, hair color, ethnicity etc?

WARNING: Websleuths does not condone its members getting personally involved in cases. It is your business if you choose to do so, but you will not be allowed to post such information here. This includes activities like calling case players, friending them on facebook or following people around. Don't post that information here.

Such behavior is against Websleuths' policies for a variety of reasons, including member safety and interference with LE's investigation.

Please take note everyone. It is good to call in valid tips to LE and doing what you can to help by participating in searches, etc. but some other activities could be construed as interference, or could put you personally at risk. Websleuths does not condone nor encourage such behavior.

Thanks,

Salem

Depends on how long and what sort of concealing and restraining gear he might've had with him. 100lb person can be tied and hidden in like a plastic storage tub. Maybe with a sedative laced beverage to keep them quiet and still for a few hours.

Driving from that area to Indiana would be fairly low risk. It's sparsely populated and MSP don't really patrol around there that much until you get right by the border. Heading into Chicago becomes dicier as there are tolls and a lot more LE presence.

I'd guess Indiana or South if it turns out this guy is from out of state. Perhaps even downstate Illinois. Can't see trying to get through Chicago without being picked up by 100's of cameras and having tags scanned and noted by various police cruisers.

It's possible that the reason he doesn't jump on 31/the freeway right away is because whatever he did to abduct/restrain her at the Exxon wasn't good enough for the long haul and he was headed to a pre-planned 2nd location to secure her for a longer trip? No idea.

Hopefully the NSPD cast their RSO net beyond their own jurisdiction/their county. But that they are now bringing in Ottawa county LE suggests that perhaps NSPD were focusing on hyper-local RSO's and they've come up empty and are now moving on to RSO's in surrounding counties.

Wonder if to get an RSO in for an interview, LE has to go through that RSO's local PD/Sheriff? Not a good thing if they are just now starting on Ottawa county RSO's.

I think LE has to go through all sex offenders, for lack of any other POI. It is frustrating as it takes a lot of time. I know in other cases, US Marshalls have been utilized for this-why not now? Why not use all the resources possible to speed it up?

I think Holly Bobo's kidnapper got on I-40 after cruising around town for a bit. And they say he made a stop of fifteen minutes in a cemetery, according to cell pings. He may have restrained her then. And this was broad daylight. It probably took a while until vehicle description was put out in Jessica's case, as LE probably went to the store first, looked around etc. so he could have gotten out of the general area quickly.

Vehicle wasn't known until the co-worker witness contacted the police, which was at least the next day before she contacted them, iirc.

If she had stopped at the Exxon that night and given them the vehicle description, MSP could set up cars to watch all traffic on 96/31 and put out an alert to local LE to be on the lookout as well.

Depends on how long and what sort of concealing and restraining gear he might've had with him. 100lb person can be tied and hidden in like a plastic storage tub. Maybe with a sedative laced beverage to keep them quiet and still for a few hours.

Driving from that area to Indiana would be fairly low risk. It's sparsely populated and MSP don't really patrol around there that much until you get right by the border. Heading into Chicago becomes dicier as there are tolls and a lot more LE presence.

I'd guess Indiana or South if it turns out this guy is from out of state. Perhaps even downstate Illinois. Can't see trying to get through Chicago without being picked up by 100's of cameras and having tags scanned and noted by various police cruisers.

It's possible that the reason he doesn't jump on 31/the freeway right away is because whatever he did to abduct/restrain her at the Exxon wasn't good enough for the long haul and he was headed to a pre-planned 2nd location to secure her for a longer trip? No idea.

Hopefully the NSPD cast their RSO net beyond their own jurisdiction/their county. But that they are now bringing in Ottawa county LE suggests that perhaps NSPD were focusing on hyper-local RSO's and they've come up empty and are now moving on to RSO's in surrounding counties.

Wonder if to get an RSO in for an interview, LE has to go through that RSO's local PD/Sheriff? Not a good thing if they are just now starting on Ottawa county RSO's.
I don't think you always have to use tolls to get into Chicago. I usually don't, it is time consuming. Which I believe you go through Gary IN on I94. If he is from there he would know the roads better than I.
Great point about the cameras though. There most likely is traffic cameras as soon as you get to the city.

We have to remember that this perp brazenly kidnapped her in a place that most folks - including criminals - would assume had cameras in every nook and cranny. Most joints like this have cameras at the pumps, all entries and exits, and even pointing away from the facility (or at least giving the impression that they have such deterrents). A random RSO or criminal would not do this at a location like this if he did not already know the place did not have cameras. He would have picked another spot, IMO. That keeps bringing me back to not just a local perp, but one close enough to the store's characteristics that he knew this was the ideal time and place.

If it was random and he was not worried about cameras, then he is either an idiot asking for jail or entirely off the grid. I'm talking Unabomber/Eric Rudolph off the grid.

If he had established some level of rapport with Jessica...he might of asked if there were cameras at some point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77