HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, still not buying. Can't imagine Holly using the expression "No, why?" - as Clint said he heard - to a stranger under any circumstances in an apparently extended conversation close to the house.

My Opinion Only

If anyone ask's me a question & i resent their prying i firmly answer back with a question. So,perhaps Holly used the same strategy with camo-man?

But,since camo-man was there an extended length of time probably 20 minutes. My opinion is this confrontation was about control,venting his anger and humiliating Holly. This person wanted to scare her & make her suffer.

I cannot see a serial sex offender taking 20 minutes then finally strolling away with Holly in tow ....carrying her lunch bag,binder,books and purse.(unless,he promised to drop her at school later). And,based on the map (using the pings from her cell phone)...he traveled in a circular route abruptly stopping 15 minutes at the cemetary(until he decided she had learned her lesson) I think he was cocky & was going to terrorize her as long as he could. But,he was interrupted by hearing the sirens. Too late, he realized if apprehended he was going to stand trial for kidnapping. So,he panicked ....he thought he had to buy time until he could figure out what to do. I think it was at this point he joined the search party and commenced to plan a coverup. Just my theory ...but it just seems like something a school bully would do and because of his big ego he was going to show his buddies how he punished people who cross him.(Heck,he might have enlisted their help)

He could have asked if she could skip class, she said "No, why?"
Or if she recognized him. Or if she knew now to treat an injured animal in the woods. I do not feel that the words are automatically ominous, unless she screamed them, or moaned or something.

Oh no, probably you are right. And someone had said that her brother didn't indicate that she had said them in an ominous way, which is what really interests me. (Personally i have a habit of asking "why?" a lot when someone asks me a question, it is almost a standard part of my answer.) Like at some point they were just having "a normal conversation."

I really couldn't have said it better myself. :(

The "No, why?" bothered me so much that I haven't stopped thinking about those words since I read them.

Me too! I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what he would have said that would have caused her to ask, "No, why?" To me, this sounds like something you would say to someone you know. Like being accused of something and you are denying it.

Maybe we could come up with some possibilities for this question.
For instance, "Are you the one who told ..... about our drug operation?"
I know this is a shot in the dark... but what came to mind for the rest of you? I haven't gotten too far on the new thread so maybe this has already been discussed.

Also, he went to the freeway, so maybe he handed her off there but kept her bag/purse and so the phone continued to ping as he headed back towards Parsons.

Another thing I picked up on is the woman in the video seemed very sure that the community will be shocked when they find out who it is.

Are you unable to walk? No-why?

Is there anyone in your home? No-why?

Does anyone know I am here? No-why?

Is your dog out in the yard? No-why?

Do you have phone that I can use?

These are just a few that spring to mind, fwiw. I think the PI's have information that the Bobo's gave them, but nothing else. I mean, LE isnt talking for the most part and searchers have to sign confidentiality agreements. For that reason, I dont believe that the PI's have any information from the forensic analysis of a sim card. I am grateful for the piece of the special that included CB, and the ping map is interesting if it is legit. Honestly, I kind of feel that trafficking can be ruled out if the ping map is accurate and the placement of any items belonging to Holly are reasonably accurate.

I agree trafficking is less likely but possible. I also agree with many that it was someone close to or stalked her. When they said (paraphrasing) the community will be sad and upset by who it was, and the fact the PI team has "suspects", it sounds as if it is possibly someone prominent in the community or well known, imo. I also wonder if it could be someone who use to live there but now lives in another town or city and brought Holly back with them. Has family or friends ever hinted they have anyone in mind on who the perp could be?

I think Holly is alive being held, statistically unlikely I know, jmo. The placement of her stuff is weird, like the perp was playing a game. What I didn't get clarification on was, did her phone turn off at the point where the map showed they were close to Hollys home? Was it ever turned on again? The stop at the cemetery is very strange as well, maybe they were visiting a grave? I dont think she was hidden there, if she was, why not her stuff too? also seems like 15 mins is very short time period. Hearing Clint's story was good, seeing what he saw, heard and thought was happening. I'm glad they are bringing attention to her case again and the PI teams sounds like they could have a chance at solving the case.

BBM
That is what my first thought was. Was the abductor blaming Holly for somehow contributing to someone's death. Not literally, but somehow indirectly like upsetting someone to the point of depression that lead to suicide or an automobile accident that lead to death.

I think a fellow about Holly's age was killed just shortly before her abduction; does anyone remember reading that way back when? I think it was in MSM as in saying the town had just endured a tragedy.

I in no way believe the sex trafficking theory. Nothing about this fits. They do not pay visits at rural homes on weekday mornings, or leave evidence and surely would not forget to toss the cell much sooner.

I don't know if this map is any clearer or not.

BJTaofYCEAALA__.jpg:large

And here it is:

Holly Bobo's brother tells his side of the story for the first time (wsmv.com)

Quote:
---
"I slightly raised the blinds and looked out this window and saw Holly," Clint Bobo said. "It appeared to be Holly kneeling down and [Holly's boyfriend] Drew. They looked like they were kneeled down, facing each other in the garage, and they were talking back and forth. Holly sounded very upset and heated. He was doing much of the talking, and she would answer back and things like that. I couldn't make out hardly any of the words. The only words I could make out from here were Holly saying, 'No, why?'"

Clint Bobo said he figured Holly and her boyfriend Drew were breaking up.

At this time, Karen Bobo called home after she heard from a neighbor that there was a scream.

It's important to note that Clint Bobo didn't hear that scream, and Karen Bobo didn't tell her son there was a scream.

They were not on the same page.

"I said, 'Clint, that's not Drew. Get a gun and shoot him.' And I remember him saying, 'You want me to shoot Drew?' So I hung the phone up again, and I think at that point I fell on the floor," Karen Bobo said.
---

the rest and the video, at the link

'A Mother Knows'...
Imo, Karen Bobo put the pieces together in her mind. She knew it wasn't Drew. Knew about the scream/s. Learned other details; stranger in full camos, both kneeling down, talking back & forth, heated conversation, Holly upset, late for school/test, and then Holly saying, 'No, why?'"

So I hung the phone up again, and I think at that point I fell on the floor," Karen Bobo said.

Is this cemetery where Brennen was buried? And wasn't there a funeral for another young person happening that morning?

I would like to know more info on this, this tidbit of info has some thought going thru my mind about now. TIA

Why would a neighbor call Karen if they heard a scream and not why 911? And did they assume the scream was Holly? And why did Holly carry her things with her instead of dropping them if she was being kidnapped? Makes me think for whatever reason she walked off with this person she thought they would drop her off at school?

http://www.utmpacer.com/viewpoints/student-killed-in-car-crash-1.2206074#.UYXN_crAGSo
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jacksonsun/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=149678020#fbLoggedOut
Brennan Duke buried at Duke Memorial Cemetery
http://www.tngenweb.org/records/henderson/cemeteries/dukemem.htm
4 miles north of Darden off Midway Circle
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GRid=75864207&CRid=2153826&

Duke memorial Cem. is located off of midway Rd.
From Lexington Tn. Go 9 Mi on Hwy 412 east to Corinth Rd. Turn left on to Corinth Rd. Go 3 Mi
To midway Rd. Turn right on to midway Rd. Go 1/4 mile to fork take either one and sign is on both
Roads ( midwayRd. or Midway Circle ) About 500 Feet.

It is hard to fathom that she would stay there like that, more or less arguing with this guy and then leave with him, if she did not at least know him a little bit.

But then, when did she scream, assuming it was her scream? Did he appear suddenly with a gun, saying he only wanted to talk? Maybe he did and started quizzing her about something or other and finally demanded she come with him, for whatever reason, allowing her to gather her things. But if she wanted to leave a clue, why not leave something behind right there so Clint would see it? Or did she believe his reasoning as to why he needed her to go with him?

What a mess. As relieved as I am to see investigation happening, I fear it is too late and trail too cold. Is there any way to see what others phones pinged at cemetery the same time, since they claim to have narrowed down the location?

I do not understand how it happened like that as well.

but a coon hunt of 21 sexual predators could not be stranger??? --who organized that?

IMO he approaches her in car port--it is early--he walks up hits her--knocks her to her knees --hence blood--she is stunned shocked--he kneels down says "know why I did that?" she says "no why?"--he leads her off into woods

I do not understand how it happened like that as well.

but a coon hunt of 21 sexual predators could not be stranger??? --who organized that?

IMO he approaches her in car port--it is early--he walks up hits her--knocks her to her knees --hence blood--she is stunned shocked--he kneels down says "know why I did that?" she says "no why?"--he leads her off into woods

I agree. How could that many predators be at one event in a small town??

So much time elapsed in the carport. I think she knew him.

I agree. How could that many predators be at one event in a small town??

So much time elapsed in the carport. I think she knew him.

'The Decatur County Coon Hunt is touted as the largest coon hunt in the world. Folks come in droves from all over the US & beyond to attend. I attended the one year anniversary memorial tribute for Holly Bobo 04/2012'.
The coon hunt was in progress. Although attendance was down due to the economy, etc., there was no hotel vacancy for miles around.*

World's Largest Coon Hunt | Attractions
Since 1976 the Decatur County World's Largest Coon Hunt - Benefit for St. Jude Children's Hospital is held annually on the second full weekend of April, Thursday thru Sunday, ... TN ..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_sex_offenders_in_the_US
How many sex offenders in the US?
Answer: as of 2010

As the total number of sex offenders in the US, including those convicted and those not convicted, can only be guessed at, any comprehensive answer would be at best an estimation. Registered offenders can be easily totaled. Unregistered offenders is another matter.

Only the number of registered offenders can be reliably totaled. That number as of 14 June 2010 was 716,750 (including all territories and DC) according to The Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The CMEC also lists the totals by state, including territories.

'Consider that it is estimated that there are as many as 100,000 absconded RSOs in the US'. Megan Maxwell (2009-TN) was abducted/raped/murdered by an absconded RSO from another state.
Imo, the number of RSOs estimated by serial entrepreneur Sheila Wysocki and gang is very conservative'....

Oriah, 1st responders from many different LEAs swarmed the area like bees to a hive. Although coming from many directions, their destinations were Swan Johnson road where the abduction occurred. It is very likely that the perps vehicle was caught on dash cam video enroute.

Ironically, the theme of the TBI/Investigators has been, 'someone knows something & we're one tip away'...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20070900-504083.html
Holly Bobo search at two month mark, called missing person case, not homicide, by Tenn. investigators

"We're still waiting on that tip. We're one tip away from finding her," Wilbanks said.

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube

I know. Unfortunately, I don't think all were outfitted with dash cams at the time. But it is certainly worth looking back at local, sherriff, TBI, and FBI footage if not rewritten.

Only if the Bobos did this themselves. I am some what convinced at this point that LE did not release a ping map to either the Bobos or the PI's.

I dont believe that LE provided the PI's with any information from inside the investigation. JMVHO.

I concur.

The ping info itself is not new though. Nancy Grace had it 2 years ago and hyped it up over the weekend for a Monday show that, oddly, never aired. The ads for the pending show mentioned pings being within, IIRC, 2 miles of her house at some points. She had to have gotten that info somewhere or from someone. I wonder why that show never aired (although lots of her shows that the time seemed cropped to cover Casey Anthony)

This is to discuss the special on HOLLY BOBO today! This is ONLY to discuss information on the show!

If there is any mention of the family being involved in this crime AT ALL, or even hinted at or even "I wish I could say what I want to say" posted, that poster will get a time out.

This thread is for those who want to discuss the show that's being aired Monday April 29th, 2013!!

:bump:

This is to discuss the special on HOLLY BOBO today! This is ONLY to discuss information on the show!

If there is any mention of the family being involved in this crime AT ALL, or even hinted at or even "I wish I could say what I want to say" posted, that poster will get a time out.

This thread is for those who want to discuss the show that's being aired Monday April 29th, 2013!!
:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member