a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered just who will testify for her. She, herself, said she had no close friends. I'm thinking, if I were on the jury and Donovan got up there and gushed of how they met in jail,,,,,not so much if you know what I mean. Then we have Jodi's mom which will be like a mom should be, begging for her child's life. Her aunt, twin to mom, saying the same. Where are the teachers, pastors (bishops) ,friends, just people we all have a connection to? It definitely will be interesting to hear what can be said about her. We sure have heard enough of her lying, manipulating and craziness. Maybe Matt will finally show his face to say she is one hell of girl. That wouldn't really be a lie.

Maybe we'll see Rachel, who JA said she lived with in Mesa and who told her she should go and tell her bishop about her sexual shenanigans with TA. IIRC, JA said she lived rent-free with Rachel, and Rachel had lent her a futon to sleep on. If Rachel doesn't testify for JA, some jurors will wonder why.

I woke up thinking about Travis, his sweet siblings, his grandma, extended family, the jurors, Juan, Esteban...

Fasting for the family.

{{{{{May justice come for Travis and his family}}}}}

Good morning, all!

Last night I watched Chris Hughes' memorial video for Travis and was brought to tears.

This video has also inspired me in the way in which I am approaching today's fast. Rather than think about the horrendous way in which Travis was murdered, today I am reflecting on the life of an exceptional young man who strove not only to improve his life in all respects, but also touched the lives of so many others to help them do the same. I will think of Mr. Martinez' final words in his closing arguments, paraphrasing from John Donne, "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind ... " I will pause to consider how I can take the example that Travis set in his life and better apply it to mine. Most of all, I will be praying for Travis' family, friends, supporters, all of those who have worked so hard to seek justice for him, and for the members of the jury as they undertake their solemn duty. I know in my heart there will be justice for Travis.

I am feeling the positive energy from everyone as I write, and I hope Travis' family feels it, too! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks so much to all you avatar experts! :)

Finally I have the blue ribbon on there . . .

It looks very cool to see the long line of blue ribbons on this thread! Great idea!

Testing Justice for Travis avatar.........

So, I woke up this morning very happy that it was Sunday and not Saturday-- unusual for me to wish the weekend away--but, I was glad because it brought us closer to Monday and Jury Deliberations.

And now, it is 11:30 am (eastern) and I am wishing Sunday would just end so we can move on.

Another wish: that Arizona would switch to eastern time, the waiting is soooo diffucult!

I sound like a baby, but I am SO ready for Justice for Travis and ALL his loved ones!

Katie, do you remember the day ALV first appeared in trial, so personable & so likable? She connected with the room and it resonated to anyone watching.

People who are kind and decent, who know right from wrong and instinctually choose to do what is right - predicted that surely this woman will be a strong witness for the state - her history, her life's work, her passion is to stand up for the weak and defend the victim.

How unbelievable was it to watch a human being implode, by her own hand and right before our very eyes, in real time? She absolutely did that; paving her own path every step of the way.

If I live to be 100, I'll may never see anything like it again. It's just sickening to stumble across clips of her testifying; I can't click out fast enough.. just one of the many memorable, tragic moments of this nightmare.

I feel exactly the same way. It was a complete and total meltdown of someone's career.

Then add to that the bizarre off stand events...approaching Sam, rushing to her cell phone w a desperately worried affect and talking on it nonstop during breaks (and apparently dinner). Claiming to be stalked (or was that just Kiefer's "white lie"), talking to Kiefer either directly or thru a friend (for which there was big trouble I hear), claims of illness/ER visits, finally waltzing in to the media hotel at the end of her testimony.

Either her own personality disorder erupted through this debacle or some kind of sociopathic virus infected her which I will call JCDS (Jodi Career Destruction Syndrome) . I tried very hard to sympathize w LaViolette for her self destruction but even a pretty compassionate person like me couldn't seem to find it.

I am such an emotional wreck. I can't stop crying several times a day thinking about what Travis went through. I'm so grateful for JM. I don't think he even realizes just how many lives he has touched. This trial isn't about entertainment (yuck). It's about truth and justice and JM is Travis' guardian. I am so glad to hear that JM is in a committed relationship. I've never even met him but I wish him all the joy and happiness in this world. He is a true hero.

Lots of prayers today. I won't be fasting but I'll be praying and meditating. Justice for Travis.

MY candle is lit :heartbeat:

Testing Justice for Travis avatar.........

Testing too! (Of course, I had to let my baby be part of the cause!)

Well folks, about 24 hours till the jury returns ............. :please: justice is fast and swift!!!!!!

Does anyone have the info handy on the candle lighting in Phoenix today? I keep finding the Riverside, CA one.

Is anyone else planning to go? My mom and I really want to go, but I may have to bring my son.

I feel exactly the same way. It was a complete and total meltdown of someone's career.

Then add to that the bizarre off stand events...approaching Sam, rushing to her cell phone w a desperately worried affect and talking on it nonstop during breaks (and apparently dinner). Claiming to be stalked (or was that just Kiefer's "white lie"), talking to Kiefer either directly or thru a friend (for which there was big trouble I hear), claims of illness/ER visits, finally waltzing in to the media hotel at the end of her testimony.

Either her own personality disorder erupted through this debacle or some kind of sociopathic virus infected her which I will call JCDS (Jodi Career Destruction Syndrome) . I tried very hard to sympathize w LaViolette for her self destruction but even a pretty compassionate person like me couldn't seem to find it.

Curious. Throughout her testimony, she would retrieve her glasses when asked to examine an exhibit. A few weeks ago on Crime Radio there was a discussion that behaviors in court are orchestrated. For instance, AVL going to the family during a recess hoping the prosecutor would question her later on that issue so that she could come off as a compassionate person. Why do you think she acted like she was so forgetful in regards to her glasses? Do you think it was so that the jury would give her a pass that her notes documenting what JA told her did not match her response when questioned? To me AVL is as vile as JA. She is a "mental health professional". Scary to think that what damage she may have caused to children, women and men throughout her 30 some years of practice.

Prayers and love to the Alexander Family and Friends.

There is a candle lighting in Phoenix today I am hearing. Since we are all spread far and wide I was thinking .....wouldn't it be a great idea for all of us Websleuthers all over the world to turn our porch lights on and leave them on until the verdict comes in? My porch light will be on tonight and everynight not only until a verdict is reached,but until sentancing is done...
Won't you join me please.... at least until we have a verdict? Thanks !

I just got remembering a kind of cool oddity that occurred while trial watching. I have made a very good friend thru this trial who started coming as Travis' friend Julie came every other week and stayed with her friend Joi who would accompany her to court. Joi and I have become very close friends thru all of this and have a real "simpatico" going on.

The day we had that long marathon day in court this week, we realized we'd dressed nearly identical that day (honest we didn't compare notes) and sat side by side. All day long, we would look over at each other and notice we were sitting in mirror style postures all day. One leg crossed over the other but mirrored, with even our hand postures identical. It just kept happening all throughout the day. It was odd..we had no idea who was "copying" who, it was just happening. I wonder what Janine D would say about this!

So many good friends have developed out of this horrible horrible tragedy.

Anyway just a little unique "color commentary" from the courtroom.

I'm gonna fast tomorrow too with whoever else is fasting. I bought 6 lemons today so i'm gonna use lemon water. My body sure can use the detox. I think there is a candlelight vigil in downtown PHX tomorrow I will be going to..and of course after work at noon on Monday head down to hang out and wait for a verdict. Waiting with clarify for justice.

I have made a couple very nice friends on this site since this trial started. I have to say I feel like we are family here which to me is very hard to accomplish on just any website. Websluthers are some of the most wonderful people on earth with the biggest hearts so full of love for their fellow man and justice to the victim.... WTG :greetings::Banane48:Banane59::smiliescale::party::justice:Websluthers :rockon::heartbeat::winner::greetings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong