MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was hanging around other stations in other areas mostly. As you suggested somehow he worked himself up this particular night to go ahead with the abduction. It took him a while.

Without encouraging wild speculation...do the vans from both surveillance videos appear to be the same?

I know TAH has the ability to have 2 different model silver vans, and with some coordination could of switched vehicles after grabbing Jessica, perhaps throwing off any additional footage of silver vans being suspected, and retrieving the town and country perhaps the following day-

The locations of the cameras are only a one minute drive away from each other, if that. I don't believe there was any switching of vehicles between the two. Also, they are both within 3 minutes of the Exxon. Probably way too close for comfort for a switch or even to pull over and make any adjustments.

I went to the candlelight vigil last Tuesday and drove around for a bit afterwards, just kind of speechless and really sad. I live only 30 miles from Norton Shores. There are lots of forests, sand dunes, parks, lakes, etc in this area and not to mention Lake Michigan. She could be anywhere and that certainly doesn't help search efforts because no one knows the first place to look. She could be a mile away from where she was taken or 3 states away. I feel so terrible for her young son and family. I hope she is found safe soon.

I hope LE is checking all the self storage place around the area, good place to hide minivan and JH. Probably cameras there too.

I have wondered about a staging area. If this was planned, and I believe it was, the perp had a location predetermined where he would take her. I'm betting it was fairly close. The park that was searched makes sense. What about nearby warehouses or industrial areas? I don't remember the chief telling people to search their own properties. Maybe he should do that.

If there was a staging area closeby, I don't think it wouldv'e been Hoffmaster Park. That is in the opposite direction from the Exxon. There are definately a few areas closeby that would work in the direction the van was headed. There is Ross Park, the one that mistergwriter checked out. There is a hidden little road that goes down to the beach there. Good chance nobody would see you at night. There are also tons of small wooded or marshy areas closeby.

Mona Lake Park can be accessed just past Airport Rd from Grand Haven Rd. There is an apartment complex to the left called Hidden Cove. If you take that road back in and past the apartments, you come to an area that would most likely be empty that time of night. Anyone who lives in this area would probably know about both.

Brainstorming / Reviewing thoughts:

1. Local Perp
2. Single Perp (one person in the vehicle?)
3. Possible Occupations: Truck Driver, Sales Person, Vendor/Delivery Driver, Plant/Industrial Worker, Construction
4. Possibly Divorced with kids every other weekend, or lives alone or with another RSO or with parents, maybe lives at a motel, cabin, isolated residence, basement?
5. Lives and/or works close by (radius?)
6. Has a Criminal Record, possibly Robbery, other violent crimes, RSO
7. Has an interest in young females, blondes
8. May have tattoos (JH does)
9. Physically strong?
10. May have recently missed work
11. May have recently changed his appearance
12. May have had a fire recently to dispose of evidence
13. Hunter, Fisherman?
14. May smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco
15. May have physical injuries (scratches, cuts, bruises)
16. May own a gun and/or other weapons
17. May be a regular drinker (what about liquor stores! Wonder who came in to buy booze that day in the area...unfortunately many business don't retain their video surveillance for that long :()
18. May work out at the gym next door
19. May play guitar??
20. May have taken a "vacation" on Friday

*everything is pure speculation

** since he is described as being at least 30, chances are he has committed a very similar crime before. Could be many years ago. Unsolved similar abductions?

I went to the candlelight vigil last Tuesday and drove around for a bit afterwards, just kind of speechless and really sad. I live only 30 miles from Norton Shores. There are lots of forests, sand dunes, parks, lakes, etc in this area and not to mention Lake Michigan. She could be anywhere and that certainly doesn't help search efforts because no one knows the first place to look. She could be a mile away from where she was taken or 3 states away. I feel so terrible for her young son and family. I hope she is found safe soon.

Tell me about these sand dunes...<Mod snip>

Trying to hide the van doesnt fit the profile of this guy....Lurking in the parking lot hours before, and grabbing a girl during business hours

He's not hiding

Re: the switch, I was referring to switching her from the vehicle to indoors, not necessarily to another vehicle.

Trying to hide the van doesnt fit the profile of this guy....Lurking in the parking lot hours before, and grabbing a girl during business hours

He's not hiding

What profile, lol....there's a profile? :)

Tell me about these sand dunes...Absentia mentioned dreams of sand buckets...

The whole Lake Michigan coastline is pretty much sand dunes here... the state parks are flat at the beach, but most of the area is dunes. I am not sure if the state parks are locked at night or not. I know the local parks by me ( Im south about 20 min...) are chained closed at night, but not sure about the state parks. There are several state parks within a short distance- Hoffmaster, and Muskegon State Park. Grand Haven State Park is out ( is mainly a big parking lot with a beach) Parks south of Grand Haven ( so.. 20 min or so..) with Lake Mi access ( and hence dunes...) would be Rosy Mound ( I am guessing it is chained closed tho?) and Kirk Park ( which is definitely chained.. I live 2 min from there...)
Not sure what all would fit the bill north of Muskegon...

25 guests on this thread right now. Please register and join the convo! We'd love to hear your input.

The whole Lake Michigan coastline is pretty much sand dunes here... the state parks are flat at the beach, but most of the area is dunes. I am not sure if the state parks are locked at night or not. I know the local parks by me ( Im south about 20 min...) are chained closed at night, but not sure about the state parks. There are several state parks within a short distance- Hoffmaster, and Muskegon State Park. Grand Haven State Park is out ( is mainly a big parking lot with a beach) Parks south of Grand Haven ( so.. 20 min or so..) with Lake Mi access ( and hence dunes...) would be Rosy Mound ( I am guessing it is chained closed tho?) and Kirk Park ( which is definitely chained.. I live 2 min from there...)
Not sure what all would fit the bill north of Muskegon...

Duck Lake park is literally right off the road. But aside from beaches, this area also has countless small parks, sports complexes, wooded hunting areas, nature trails...the possibilities are mind-boggling.

I think Holly Bobo's kidnapper got on I-40 after cruising around town for a bit. And they say he made a stop of fifteen minutes in a cemetery, according to cell pings. He may have restrained her then. And this was broad daylight. It probably took a while until vehicle description was put out in Jessica's case, as LE probably went to the store first, looked around etc. so he could have gotten out of the general area quickly.

Indeed!

These types of comparisons are vital, imo...
Cases for study & reference in establishing a possible profile:

Holy Bobo
Mickey
Deborah Poe

Any others you can think of where studying the perp's actions could be useful? Not to get off topic, but I'm interested in how long from abduction time to stop time (in a vehicle), and where they go.

ARS drove around the neighborhood for a bit before returning to his house down the road from Jessica's (Ridgeway). He was young and inexperienced, I think, compared to this perp.

I think Muskegon State Park needs to be cleared, moo. Mona Lake also.

I checked out Lake Harbor park the other day after the vigil. Didn't venture too far into it but there are a lot of sand dunes and woods, also a river that empties into Mona lake. It's been 80+ degrees the past week so there are lots of people at this park, near the river fishing, etc. I think if she was at one of these places she would have been found by now?

If there was a staging area closeby, I don't think it wouldv'e been Hoffmaster Park. That is in the opposite direction from the Exxon. respectfully snipped.

Exactly, that's why I am confused as to why the locals picked this park to search first. Sure, he could've circled back around, but I would think it would be better to start with a park that is in the direction in which the vehicle was last seen heading.

Tell me about these sand dunes...<Mod Snip>...

and the sand company. I've never heard of a sand company. what do they do? could the perp work(ed) there?

Oh, I guess they work with the oil fracking industry. wasn't there another woman teacher who was abducted and killed in MI by a local oil worker?

Duck Lake park is literally right off the road. But aside from beaches, this area also has countless small parks, sports complexes, wooded hunting areas, nature trails...the possibilities are mind-boggling.

This time of year, there are also many 'summer houses' who's owners wont be there to open up till Memorial Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford