Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If judge perry thinks the system worked, we have an ineffective system.

Twitter
Jim Lichtenstein ‏@JimLichtenstein 7m May 3, 2013
The one person from the #CaseyAnthony trial you NEVER thought you'd hear from... Monday, only on @TodayShow. Pre- #jodiarias

Jim Lichtenstein ‏@JimLichtenstein 3 May
At LAX taking off to get another @todayshow exclusive in the #CaseyAnthony case... I'll tell u more this weekend, but be watching Monday!

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Scoop-THE-TODAY-SHOW-on-NBC-Week-of-May-6-2013-20130503

Scoop: THE TODAY SHOW on NBC - Week of May 6, 2013
Monday, May 6(7-9 a.m.):

An interview with the judge in the Casey Anthony case.

Strictly MY OPINIONS ....

Judge Perry slammed the media and put the blame on the media and public for the outcome of the trial, now he is promoting himself through the MEDIA on the NBC TODAY SHOW, and is helping himself become a "celebrity" in this case of a murdered two year old child.

Perry said in his ruling "... media coverage: "Cheap, soap opera-like entertainment."
In the 12-page ruling, he argued that the media was fundamentally corrupted by its need to entertain. "Basically, court proceedings are no longer news but entertainment..."
Perry's upcoming gig on NBC TODAY SHOW is nothing but "entertainment", and diminishes his integrity in my view.

Interesting that he will no longer be a Chief Judge after June 30th, and he goes on national tv on May 6th. Is it all about Judge Perry? Not about the murder victim?

His appearance on national tv is NO benefit or support for CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY. He says the "system worked". Caylee's murderer walked FREE.
Perry is a sellout to CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY by going on national tv and praising the "system that worked" in the INJUSTICE to CAYLEE.

Perry says he has a lot of fans who want to take pictures with him.
Perry said "he believed the high-profile trial had a positive impact on the public...."
When the truth is that the majority of the public say that this verdict has been a major traumatic event in their lives and they will never recover from it.
Now the jury system will forever be in serious doubt during any future trial.
People will wonder if the same horrible thing could happen again, as it happened in Caylee's UNJUST verdict.

Perry rushed jury selection and forced a juror on the prosecutors who said she could not judge another person.

Perry coddled the jury and helped them get complacent and lazy and lost sight of the serious job they were gathered to perform.

Perry allowed Baez to get away with a lot of misconduct, while sharply criticizing the prosecutor. Perry allowed Baez to spew LIES to the jury, with NO evidence to support.
The Judge is supposed to make sure that the jury understands that they cannot consider opening statements and closing statements as evidence when they go in to deliberate unless proof has been offered.
This jury obviously took Baez LIES as fact, without any evidence.

Perry allowed Cindy to repeatedly commit PERJURY on the stand.

Perry did nothing when it was obvious the jury had broken the law of not talking about the case with anyone until deliberations, when they said they wanted to see the heart sticker, DURING trial.
"Since when do jurors discuss the case among themselves BEFORE deliberation and the Judge doesn’t do a thing about it?"
"The jury is asking the judge himself…questions about evidence that they are not supposed to be discussing and Perry does absolutely nothing."

"...alternate juror Russell Hueckler ...announcing to the world that:
“we all felt the same.”"
[when jurors were NOT allowed to talk amongst themselves until deliberations - and the alternate was not IN deliberations].
"...And when was it that “you all” discussed this and found out that “you all felt the same?” Because that is out and out jury misconduct…"

Perry did nothing when FCA sat there day after day giggling and playing with her attorneys and making faces and vulgar hand gestures and being coddled by Sims.

"Judge Belvin Perry publicly berated a women who was clearly mentally ill and then threw her in jail for a minor outburst that caused absolutely no harm to this trial…all while he turned a blind eye to a defense witness [Patricia Young who had the confrontation with George Anthony - and was selected for jury duty in Pinellas county and talked to potential jurors while waiting to be interviewed for jury selection] who contaminated 50 jurors and led the way for the biggest judicial outrage of the century?"
"What kind of judge allows a defense witness to contaminate an entire pool of jurors and asks not one question about it?"
"Judge Belvin Perry did absolutely nothing to find out what happened."
"Any judge worth a nickel would have stopped the trial and gotten to the bottom of a defense witness who contaminates an entire pool of jurors but Judge Belvin Perry did absolutely nothing…"
Patricia Young was on the DEFENSE WITNESS LIST - but said nothing to the Judge when she was called for jury duty and sat in the waiting room with 50 other potential jurors.

"Judge Belvin Perry cheated Caylee Marie Anthony out of justice."

I do NOT care to see Judge Perry on national tv praising the system that FAILED CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY, which HE was in control of.

Is it enough to say I don't agree with you? Judge Perry had a job to do and was restrained by the laws of the legal system of the USA to do it in. He didn't make the laws - he operates within them. And much of the time he has no choice but to make the decisions he made as "we the people" decided.

I understand venting however misplaced I think it is - however, we don't know his personal feelings about this case although I thought they were pretty clear when he looked at the jury. And we don't know if this is just Jim beating a drum that isn't really a drum.

Do we know if HHJP is going to discuss the case at length or at all? I don't believe we do.

I'm pretty bowled over by the massive disrespect shown to one of the finest judges Florida and the American Legal System has had.

And since when does a Judge decide who is going to commit perjury?

I can only hope that it ends up with the lowest rating of the morning show networks.

I also hope that Mr. "flying out of LAX for another exclusive"....eta never mind

Is it enough to say I don't agree with you? Judge Perry had a job to do and was restrained by the laws of the legal system of the USA to do it in. He didn't make the laws - he operates within them. And much of the time he has no choice but to make the decisions he made as "we the people" decided.

I understand venting however misplaced I think it is - however, we don't know his personal feelings about this case although I thought they were pretty clear when he looked at the jury. And we don't know if this is just Jim beating a drum that isn't really a drum.

Do we know if HHJP is going to discuss the case at length or at all? I don't believe we do.

I'm pretty bowled over by the massive disrespect shown to one of the finest judges Florida and the American Legal System has had.

And since when does a Judge decide who is going to commit perjury?

He can decide if a witness is to be charged with perjury though. He watched Cindy Anthony perjure herself several times and did nothing about it.
He throws the young guy who gave the finger to Ashton into jail, then allows Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez to treat the court with utter contempt.
If we are to respect Judges and the law then let us see it working fairly.

If judge perry thinks the system worked, we have an ineffective system.

Judge Perry thinks it's ok to seat a juror who proclaims she will not judge other people. It doesn't get much more basic than that...

He can decide if a witness is to be charged with perjury though. He watched Cindy Anthony perjure herself several times and did nothing about it.
He throws the young guy who gave the finger to Ashton into jail, then allows Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez to treat the court with utter contempt.

Sure he could have charged her - after the SA ripped her apart, showed her work records which proved she was lying and which the defense knew were in evidence when they set CA up to lie - but would she have been convicted?

The court room and millions of viewers knew she was lying. Did anyone believe her? No. Did it make any difference to the trial - no.

Many people would "feel better" is she had been charged. Even though your courts are already clogged and the legal system is massively over budget. Do I care? Not when the world knows she is a liar.

Wasn't it Jeff Ashton to said post verdict that it is very hard to prove a relative doesn't believe what they are saying and prosecutors expect family members to often lie? Yes, it was.

Judge Perry thinks it's ok to seat a juror who proclaims she will not judge other people. It doesn't get much more basic than that...

That is NOT where the conversation with that juror ended. She admitted she was talking about people who gossip about other people and say nasty stuff about them without any basis that she knows of. What she said is she wouldn't automatically take their word for it.

Re: Judge Perry statement that the system worked. Why assume he was talking about the verdict? Unfortunately under the legal system you have - it did work and no - Caylee didn't get justice.

Who said he agreed with it? He didn't and I'm quite sure he was very angry about the jury verdict if his manner and body language showed any hint of what he was thinking.

But that's the system you have - you have a trial, you have a jury, the jury votes and you're stuck with the verdict. No one - especially him - said he liked the verdict.

And yes, I agree with him - I think the majority of people have no idea what the laws are and how the legal system works, what a judge can do and can't do. I thought the whole point of his statement was to say - here are your laws - and if you don't like them - what are you going to do about it besides complain???

He is simply the messenger. Or the traffic warden if that makes it easier.

Well I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

@JimLichtenstein
Both! “@NormanGoldenll: @JimLichtenstein how would you summarize the interview? Revealing? Shocking?”

I remember either reading or listening to (then) State Attorney Lawson Lamar answer a question about charging Cindy with Perjury and he said he was not going to charge her.

Why is Judge Perry not going to be Chief Judge after June 30th?
His Term as Chief Judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court is supposed to end 2015..Did I miss something?
He was re elected in 2011 for a 6 year term
In 2013 he also held the position of Circuit Judge of Orange County Probate Court

Judge Perry wasn't too bad on the Today show. He said he there was evidence enough

for a first degree murder conviction. He said the prosecution had the best lawyers. He said

CA will be judged by "the judge of judges" and will live with what she has done for the rest

of her life. He said JB was more likeable and it was like who would you buy a used car from-Baez

Because he was the most likeable. I was pleased.

Judge Perry wasn't too bad on the Today show. He said there was evidence for a first degree murder conviction. He said said the prosecution had the best lawyers. Because Baez was the more likeable, it was akin to "who would you buy a used car from?". He stated CA would someday be judged by the judge of all judges and would live with what she has done for the rest of her life. Although I was dreading this interview, it turned out positive for the good guys. (US)He also described how different CA was when the jury was present and when they were not, and about all the yelling and 4 letter words coming from the room when she was advised to take a plea!!

sorry to post twice. I tried to edit the first, and thought I'd lost it. Mac

I watched it too and was very pleased with the way Judge Perry responded to the questions. I have to admit I am very biased, but to me he slammed FCA when he alluded to the world that she was guilty as charged.

It was a very interesting (and enlightening) few minutes. Yes, he said he felt there was evidence enough, beyond a reasonable doubt, for a first degree murder conviction. He was shocked at the verdict and said he had to read it twice.

The defense did try to get a plea deal. I remember that morning well. He said the defense team went into the holding cell to discuss a aggravated manslaughter plea deal. His office was right next door and he heard yelling, and quiet a few four letter words. Then the defense came to him and said they were concerned about KC's competency to proceed. Remember that all? They cancelled court for the day and then we had wind of a few psychologists visiting - re: competency.

Was please to hear him talk about KC being judged by the judge of all judges and her having to live with what she has done for the rest of her (sorry) life.

I always liked Judge Perry. Wasn't his fault - he did his job. Wonder if KC saw it? If she did, you can bet there are "fisties flying" right about now.

JMHO

Judge Perry wasn't too bad on the Today show. He said he there was evidence enough

for a first degree murder conviction. He said the prosecution had the best lawyers. He said

CA will be judged by "the judge of judges" and will live with what she has done for the rest

of her life. He said JB was more likeable and it was like who would you buy a used car from-Baez

I guess I will watch it. I'm at work but saw the tweets with the quote that he was shocked and surprised at the verdict. He says "justice was done" in the sense that she went through the process and got a decision from a jury. I hope the jury and the Anthony's were listening.

He did look awful cute in the pic I saw.

Yeah, but being compared to a used car salesman is sort of a backhanded complement, no? JB shouldn't be too proud of the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd