Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely false. It is your opinion only. That is not 'everyone'. There is no disagreement about what Luminol is. The disagreement is that the traces are not blood or that the evidence has no value just because a confirmatory test is not possible. These claims have not been sourced at all. You can't state them as facts without any sourcing. Not even the defense made these kind of claims. This is from the defense expert.

Massei report

As I'm not the author of

Wikipedia on "Luminol" Luminol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, or

"How Stuff Works" http://www.howstuffworks.com/luminol.htm or

"About Chemistry" (Luminol) http://chemistry.about.com/od/glowinthedarkprojects/a/luminolblood.htm, or

"the Royal Society of Chemistry - Oxidization of Luminol" http://www.rsc.org/images/chemiluminescence_tcm18-188811.pdf

Nor of "the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension / Forensic Science"
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bc...es/forensic-programs-crime-scene-luminol.aspx

Nor do I control Google and what comes up when you search for what Luminol is and how it oxidizes, it's not my opinion.

You asked for sources earlier and I provided them. More are above. The rest is up to you.

I read all those. None of them state that you have to toss Luminol evidence if you can't do any confirmatory tests. The defense expert admits this, and admits she can't rule out blood. She claims the traces could have been fruit juice and that both Amanda and Meredith had been spitting in the traces. After some questioning she has to admit that the scenario where Amanda walks around with blood residue from Meredith on her feet is not illogical. It is up to the judge to decide the value of the Luminol evidence.

Absolutely irrefutable is that Amanda lied about Patrick Lummumba(sp?) and was ordered by the court to pay restitution. Has she?
No idea, but I doubt you will see that simple question in one of the interviews.

Hello all

I don't normally post here. I haven't followed this case much. I don't know whether Amanda is guilty or not. Can you point me to a list of FACTS in this case so I can study this case a bit more? I watched a clip of Amanda with Diane and she didn't sound believable to me but that doesn't make her guilty. I'd like to do a little research. Thanks.

Hello all

I don't normally post here. I haven't followed this case much. I don't know whether Amanda is guilty or not. Can you point me to a list of FACTS in this case so I can study this case a bit more? I watched a clip of Amanda with Diane and she didn't sound believable to me but that doesn't make her guilty. I'd like to do a little research. Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

To get a clear picture of this case, I think it is probably a good idea to look at websites from both a pro-guilt and a pro-innocence perspective.

The Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia page is probably a good place to start for the bare facts.

True Justice for Meredith Kercher illustrates the pro-guilt perspective.

Injustice in Perugia illustrates the pro-innocence side.

Yes, I just saw it. I think I am not the person to comment on it but I wonder what the general feeling about all this attention for a girl accused of murder is, while her trial is still ongoing. I don't think it is normal.

Like Casey Anthony & Jodi Arias ? A lot of attention in these situations is not unusual and add to that those of us who think she's innocent and would like to keep the media attention on this injustice. I know if I were wrongly accused I'd want it shouted from the roof tops.

i don't get it; wasn't that rudy guede guy found guilty? dna evidence and all?

He was, but Amanda, Raffaele and Patrick Lumumba were all arrested, and the police held a press conference touting their arrest and declaring "case closed," before he was a suspect.

They had to let Patrick go because he had an unassailable alibi. If the police were to let Amanda and Raffaele go, then everything they thought they knew at the time of that first press conference would be proven wrong. It seems to me they let themselves be led by their pride rather than the facts of the case.

I don't have time to do this subject full justice today. But interested readers can click here and here as a good beginning. Stefanoni herself used a confirmatory test on Rep. 199 from Filomena's window area. From the second link: "Extracts are made from stained areas of interest, and from nearby unstained areas (substrate controls). Note that the use of unstained controls is a fundamental principle in forensic immunologic testing." IMO this sort of substrate control is never a bad idea.

Other types of controls can also be run, "When a blood presumptive test is done at a crime or accident scene, an investigator must include the use of controls to ensure the accuracy of the result. This is because a blood presumptive test can be subject to what is known as a false positive result. This is when the characteristic color reaction is produced by a sample that is in fact not blood. As well, a false negative reaction is possible, where for some reason a blood sample does not produce the characteristic color change in the indicator chemical.
"Standard procedures can rule out the possibility of a false positive or negative result. However, if these controls are not run, then the accuracy of the presumptive test can be questioned. In that case, the results would not be admissible in a court of law.
"Presumptive blood tests are commercially available in a convenient form that is easily transportable to the crime or accident scene...Other containers contain the positive and negative controls."

This presentation from North Carolina also has some interesting material:

"Defenders must obtain the underlying notes and reports of the analyst
Defenders should raise a challenge where:
Only a presumptive test was done
The mandated combination of tests was not done
Testing protocol was not followed"

Like Casey Anthony & Jodi Arias ? A lot of attention in these situations is not unusual and add to that those of us who think she's innocent and would like to keep the media attention on this injustice. I know if I were wrongly accused I'd want it shouted from the roof tops.
This case is two parts Lindy Chamberlain to one part Duke lacrosse IMO.

reading over the link that monzoo provided as the pro-guilt website did not change my mind whatsoever about RG being the only guilty party, but it states both knox and sollectio had criminal records prior to the events in perugia... is this really true? i can find nothing for knox...

reading over the link that monzoo provided as the pro-guilt website did not change my mind whatsoever about RG being the only guilty party, but it states both knox and sollectio had criminal records prior to the events in perugia... is this really true? i can find nothing for knox...

Knox was once issued a citation and paid a fine for having a loud party. It wasn't a crime, but merely a municipal violation like a parking ticket.

Knox was once issued a citation and paid a fine for having a loud party. It wasn't a crime, but merely a municipal violation like a parking ticket.

thank you. so that demonstrates that site contains outright lies (see below)... figures :banghead:

(Guede) was no drifter or serial knife carrier, he had no police record in 2007 (unlike Knox and Sollecito), and no drug dealing or breaking-and-entering has ever been either charged or proved.

Never followed her case. Watching her interview on cnn and Im not sure what to think.

She almost seems like a wounded bird and got me to feeling sorry for her or one level and another one she seems narcissistic.

In my head I really don't think Amanda Knox is guilty of killing Meredith, but from the first day I started following her case I've struggled with getting my gut to feel the same way as my mind. I don't know what it is, but something about Amanda's demeanor or personality leaves me feeling a slight hint of doubt about her. I wish I could put my finger on it, but I can't. Drives me nuts though, because I really want to be 100% on her side.

We have to understand that we have only known her as an accused murderess .. that perception, and her knowledge of that perception has kept her not only shut in, but as a focal point. The accusation, and her reaction to the accusation makes her appear strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam