Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have often wondered what it was that incited TA to be so angry at JA based on the 5/26 text message = “You are the worst thing that happened to me” “You scammed me”

It seems to me TA did not have that much leverage over JA at that time. By April 2008, JA was living in Yreka. There was no presence of a PPL in that area at that time. Telling a Yreka Mormon Bishop about JA sins would not have been that earth shattering. Exposing JA as a sort of stalking monster to TA friends would have elicited a sort of “Duh!!” on their part. Besides the social circle in question was in Mesa AZ and JA was to have started a new life in Northern California.

I have always thought that JA had the “goods” on TA with the surreptitiously recorded May 10 sex call.
With that “sex tape” JA could have blackmailed TA with respect to ALL of TA future girlfriend prospects. She could have forwarded the recording to TA ‘s Bishop. She could have sent the tape to all of TA’s PPL colleagues which in turn would have caused serious consequences regarding “reputation”

IF JA seriously threatened to blackmail TA with the “sex tapes” TA would have had little recourse or defense. I suppose it is possible that JA used the recordings in her negotiations with TA on June 4.

BBM

She'd already tried that between May 11 and May 26 and it didn't work.

That's why she stole the gun on May 28.

And the rest is premeditated torture-murder.

So Chris Hughes said Travis' work performance suffered when he met JA.
A friend of theirs said "Don't know who that woman is, but she's gonna ruin Travis' life" lots of his friends knew JA was bad news from the get-go

We will be traveling to Jackson, MS tomorrow :please: don't let that verdict come down when I am in the car! I want to see it LIVE.

O/T Shaved his hair...but I know he will be bald in a few days.

LOL his oncologist told him to give the tumor a name. Someone you want to fight. "He said can I call it Jodi?" The Dr. looked bewildered.
Hair today:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-hair.jpg

What a handsome young man! I will keep him and all your family in my prayers.

I don't hate men at all but I do think men tend to have a different approach to sex than women. It seems obvious to me that Travis had a weakness for her sexual charms. To me this denigrates him in no way whatsoever. I don't see it as a personal flaw for a 30 year old man to pursue sexual satisfaction.

I also don't think it is a slam on men to speculate that a male juror could be taken with or feel sorry for Jodi. A female juror on the Richard Ramirez/Night Stalker trial fell in love with him. It's not a gender exclusive thing.

I so cannot wait for this! I think Nurmi will stand as far away from Jodi as he can and not even comfort her afterwards, meanwhile Wilmott will be copping all sorts of weird way too close and intense stares from Jodi. She'll probably have a few daggers for the jury and Juan too.

Great article with interviews from Jurors in Wendy Andriano case:

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

I can imagine just how difficult it would be to make this decision. But I'm confident the right decision will indeed be made by this jury.

Wendy and Jodi will be Besties on death row .... and together can have little Juan bashing sessions. Jodi will finally fit in somewhere and have a sense of belonging ...

Well - I can't read people's minds and I'm not a psychiatrist - so it's just my observations.

I see a woman who killed her lover - in a very brutal fashion. It wasn't a good relationship - toxic in fact - and they both should have ended it long before 2008. But they didn't.

I see a tragically broken, grieving family looking for closure and justice.

And I see a prosecutor who could have taken the 2nd degree plea, had her sentenced to life, allowed the family to read their impact statements and walked away from it all ages ago.
If that had occured - I think Travis's family would be much farther on the road to healing.

I have 2 sons - can't imagine losing either of them. I would likewise be devastated beyond belief.

Nor can I imagine trying to go through the circus this trial became.

But I won't read my own personal anger onto a complete stranger and call it truth.

BBM: the sentence for 2nd degree is 10-25 yrs in AZ.
So unless the Prosecutor, family of Travis and the public are willing to have this unstable person free again, agreeing to 2nd degree is not an option. I am sure the family was consulted when the plea was offered and I am sure they said NO WAY! I would have! Not only because she is dangerous but also because of the "threats" to trash Travis!
If you haven't read the plea paperwork, you should check it out:

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

On Friday, after I mentioned my anxiety over how the amount of men on the jury might affect the verdict in Jodi's favor, my husband, who is and has always been the typical 100% male, believes she should be found guilty of murder one, no doubt -- he had no qualms over the male thing.

My older brother stopped by while I was watching the trial. He has heard some of the background of it and heard how Travis was killed. My brother took one look at the television and said, "Hasn't this goofa$$ been given the DP yet?"

I asked him, out of curiosity, why she should be given the DP and he said, "duh, she killed him 3 times which is premeditation, why is this trial going on and on for?"

Gotta love him!

I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. So I am not trying to change your mind but wanted to ask you...you mentioned you have two sons...would you feel differently if one of them became involved with a woman like JA unknowingly. For example JA goes to jail for a time for murdering someone, but then eventually got released due to not getting a life sentence. She will move somewhere far away ..change her look, her name etc. She becomes involved with a man. Then she can only keep the charade up for so long before snapping Then the man once he does see her true colours calls her a sociopath - then she murders again. To me once Travis called JA a sociopath she knew right then and there she was going to kill him...Sociopath's can not tolerate anyone calling them out.

Justice for Travis.

I do believe that Justice for Travis and his family is critical.

However, what we know of Jodi and Travis's relationship is only fragmented - and seen through the eyes of witnesses and emails years after it happened.

If I discovered that one of my son's was sleeping with an ex girlfriend, calling her names, talking nasty behind her back - while openly out there looking for a wife... well, look out kiddo - cause momma's comin and she's angry as a hornet.

That's just no way to behave. It's not worth killing over, or dying for - certainly. But when two people so completely twist a relationship into something really ugly - it can happen.

As for Sociopath - well, a number of psychologists examined her. There were 2 different diagnosis. Sociopathic personality wasn't one of them. And I believe the DMI includes that diagnosis.

If you accept Dr DeMarte's diagnosis - BPD - Jodi is the opposite of many things attributed to her in social media. Borderline's loath themselves. Not love themselves. http://bpd.about.com/od/understandingbpd/a/suicide_ar.htm

There were few red flags the Hughes saw in JA in 2006. TA loved his religion, passioante Mormon, loved sharing it, sent JA a Book of Mormon. Mormon missionaries sent to JA's house since she was interested. Weird hot tub behavior once when all 4 were in hot tub- immature, weird. Very odd.
Very quickly JA got baptized. Changes depending on who she's with. Takes in surroundings at all times. Makes mental calculations about how to act in any situation. So Chris says JA's interest in Mormonism didn't snag Travis.

Even JW is looking around for help, lol.

8710966193_82536f6735.jpg

:gasp: She has no sense of personal space. :gasp:

JA made sure they ALL saw her as "Molly Mormon" reading the book of Mormon, but made sure she was SEEN reading the book of Mormon... haha the way he describes it.
JA trying so hard to fit in with all their Mormon friends, doesn't seem to be working- this is early on. Travis was smitten with her

CH is extremely charismatic, and can talk faster than I do. It is interesting to listen to him discuss Travis and Jodi. We all get a different perspective, from his point of view.

I listen to this every week...never figured out how to join the chat...

I have a terrible connection tonight, it keeps cutting out like every 10-15 seconds. This has never happened to me before. Any suggestions?

However, what we know of Jodi and Travis's relationship is only fragmented - and seen through the eyes of witnesses and emails years after it happened.

If I discovered that one of my son's was sleeping with an ex girlfriend, calling her names, talking nasty behind her back - while openly out there looking for a wife... well, look out kiddo - cause momma's comin and she's angry as a hornet.

That's just no way to behave. It's not worth killing over, or dying for - certainly. But when two people so completely twist a relationship into something really ugly - it can happen.

As for Sociopath - well, a number of psychologists examined her. There were 2 different diagnosis. Sociopathic personality wasn't one of them. And I believe the DMI includes that diagnosis.

If you accept Dr DeMarte's diagnosis - BPD - Jodi is the opposite of many things attributed to her in social media. Borderline's loath themselves. Not love themselves. http://bpd.about.com/od/understandingbpd/a/suicide_ar.htm

Katie-L, I see by your avatar that you are a staunch defender of the abused. I totally think that's awesome! No one should ever be abused.

But in saying that, I certainly don't think that Travis should have been nor should still be abused.

Jodi said he was asked to move because he was a sex predator or something like that. IIRC Daniel Freeman's brother committed suicide because of pedophilia on the day Travis's body was found. That is where Jodi got her stories.

I've was oddly distant from all this yesterday and woke up several times last night with a growing sense of anger at Jodi and especially Nurmi. All that time and money wasted on a defense he'd abandon in his closing arguments. All the lies he's told, every lie he repeated of Jodi's. All the hurt and shame he brought upon Travis and his family.

It only confirms my opinion of him as a man without honor, without conscious, and without any integrity. He's off this case and can scurry on back to his new law practice of defending sex offenders and child molesters.

NOTE: Joshua Freeman committed suicide the day JA was arrested, he was rushed to the hospital and they took him off life support several days later

Ready for this? Here is JA's big project for DV. All proceeds from the shirts go to Long Beach Women’s Shelter & Reach Beyond Domestic Violence. (Think ALV) Being sold on pro Jodi site. There are no words

x3mtt.jpg

"It can happen."

No, it can't happen. We as a society collectively agree that it cannot happen. We do not condone murder in response to name calling. This is our shared value.

I am not, nor do I think you should be, comfortable with a culture that sanctions murder as an appropriate response to perceived social slights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member