Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot believe the prosecution did not provide details about the trigger that caused the May 26 anger. I really believe that underlies the motive. It's such a huge omission.

And I don't believe the prosecution is unaware of the details. They seemed to very carefully omit parts of exchanges between JA and TA.

This drives me crazy! Why???

I make my own - jalapenos and vinegar are cheap, you can make lots for a few dollars. They seem hotter to me because they aren't as "cooked" as the canned kind. I make candied jalapenos too.

Where can we find the candied jalapenos recipe?

I envy those of you that live near New Mexico or nearby where pine nuts are harvested. Mmmmm, they are so good but too expensive here. 18.00 lb

As with so many of JA's lies, there could be the tiniest inkling of truth -- maybe later on the road she noticed that her cut fingers were bleeding through the bandaids or something. Where did she get the bandaids? IDK -- I always carry a few in my purse; or she could have popped into a convenience store and paid cash for some...

And to get that long sleeved top that the Utah group thought was weird in 90 degree weather.

Yes! that bit of info and... Why not shoot him with the gun first - well the gun was loud and the knife was not. And of course she couldn't shoot him in bed or when she first 'snuck' in because the one roommate was still home.

WHAT IS THE HOLD UP :(

Yeah, but they could say well she ended up shooting the gun anyway. My thought on this is that she knew she coudn't use the gun only b/c that would have made it too obvious that it was her. All his friends were suspicious of her anyway, she knew they would immediately point the fingers at her. Plus, with the staged burglary at her grandpa's house, it would be much easier to belive she did it. (I wrote about why she had to stage the burglary and not just steal the gun in another post - but basically she had no other choice other than to stage it). So she had to make the crime more gruesome and/or make it look like there were two people, so that it would take the suspicion off of her. So the weapon of choice she came up with was the knife. Except with the knife, there would be blood, and she wanted it to be as clean as possible to make her departure easier and to lessen the risk of getting her DNA anywhere, therefore she had to kill him in the shower.

Can you just see travis talking sweetly and calmly with caylee as she skips thru heaven chasing butterflies.

I can imagine Laci Peterson and Travis getting along so well, lots of affection and laughter! For some reason I thought of Laci today asking her (angel that she is) to send out prayers so this jury gets it right.

Ordinarily I don't think like this. It just came to me! :dunno:

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?

Yes we will know what charge she is guilty of.

I make my own - jalapenos and vinegar are cheap, you can make lots for a few dollars. They seem hotter to me because they aren't as "cooked" as the canned kind. I make candied jalapenos too.

Please, please tell me that you have a recipe wandering somewhere around the forum?

I loves me some jalapenos :seeya:

I didn't think that Judge Perry did a particularly understandable presentation of the jury instructions. I think that some jurors were unclear on the fact that they were only supposed to render a verdict in the criminal case and that they were not expected to decide between life or death at the same time. Judge Perry did not make that clear, and at least one juror who was willing to be interviewed said that they didn't understand that particular issue. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no break for that jury...if they didn't understand then they needed to ask! :banghead:
I also think JP was damned if he did/did not speak out at that time. Everyone was being crucified back then!

Edit to add...Love your screen name...everytime I see one of your posts I think of Kim Carnes (sp?) smokey voice and can't get the song out of my head...thank goodness I love it! xoxo

"@elizabetherwin: Jurors in the #JodiArias trial have already deliberated longer than the #OJSimpson jury

Paul Fusco? I loved that show!

Yes, thats him. Haven't seen him in years but we use to visit with the family when we were younger. Paul was my grandpas nephew.

I'm such a poor Mexican. In a family of 12
I just ate sardines and stayed home lol but I was I'll so I have a reason
:floorlaugh:
You must like habanero s and potato chips, Cheetos flaming hot!

Sham on you LOL :floorlaugh:

I have a feeling the Mexican's here (at least in my city) HATE May 5th. The restaurants are always SLAMMED ... that's why I just stayed home and made my own!

So disappointed that we haven't heard anything. And to someone else's question/discussion upthread, CA verdict destroyed my faith. I'm terrified....

You took the words right out of my mouth. I am scared also! :(

Where can we find the candied jalapenos recipe?

I just googled it and used one of the first that came up, most of them were exactly the same after doing some comparison.

But here you go:

Cowboy Candy (Candied Jalapeños)

Yield: Makes 6 half pint jars

Ingredients:

3 pounds fresh jalapeños, washed
2 cups apple cider vinegar
6 cups granulated sugar
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon celery seed
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions:

Remove stems from all of the jalapeños and slice into 1/8 to 1/4 inch rounds. Set aside.

In a large pot, bring the cider vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery seed, garlic and cayenne pepper to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add the pepper slices and simmer for 5 minutes.

Use a slotted spoon, transfer the peppers into clean sterile canning jars leaving ¼ inch at the top of the jar.

Turn the heat and bring the syrup to a full rolling boil. Boil for 6 minutes. Pour the syrup over the jalapeño peppers in the jars but still leaving ¼ inch from the top. Make sure there are no air pockets. Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean, damp cloth and place lids on the jars.

You can store these in the refrigerator or complete the canning process so that they are shelf stable. Either way they need to mellow for at least two weeks before eating.

To complete the canning process place the jars in a large pot of hot water, covered by 2 inches. Bring the water to a full boil and boil for 10 minutes for half pints and 15 minutes for pints. When the time is up transfer jars to a cooling rack. Leave them to cool, undisturbed for 24 hours.

I sure wish I knew if the jurors that went out to get their lunch were smiling! I'd love to know if they appear to be stressed, or relaxed. I'm not asking for too much!

Someone copied some tweets from a journalist before lunch that they heard laughter and the the voices getting louder when some came out for lunch

---
I wonder what's the latest we could expect the jurors to be able to give a verdict today. If they aren't back in court by 16:00, it won't happen today will it, which means we should know by 15:00 or thereabouts if we'll get a verdict today.

Another Tweet said no juror's are dressed up today - in same casual clothes as always. (means nothing :)) Also Tweet from abc15 - juror's were 'chatty and relaxed' while leaving the jury room for lunch.

Did anyone else hear JC say on HLN that there is one juror who's always been a 'loner'. That he doesn't eat with any of the others or walk with them.. Hmmm.... hope he's a good loner.

:scale:
Oh! I love hot jellies. My hubby is a chili cook. His goal is to win the ICS World Chili Championship. 7 times he's qualified to compete in it, and hasn't won yet.

Well I hope his luck will change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member