Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'm so upset and I don't know where else to vent. At the end of today I got into quite the argument with a coworker. She knows I've been following this trial from the get go...she knows I've been exhausted for months, working all day, catching up on the boards or watching testimony at night, etc, etc. She also knows I've got several other co-workers on the Travis Train for Justice :)

Wellllllllll, apparently the fact that someone bought blue bracelets with elephant charms on them (see, I share alot at work!!) for 4 of us to wait for justice together (while being apart in our respective offices) must have been too much for her. Her boss was out and so she watched closing arguments all day and then before she left she stopped by my office.

I first took offense when she said JM was an annoying little man! I could feel my face getting warm and my posture getting stiff...she made a few other inappropriate comments but then....THEN!!!!! Wait for it.....

THEN she had the audacity to tell me that there's no way JA will get the death penalty...and you know why???? She said the sex tape clips proved what a monster Travis was. She started raising her voice asking me what kind of person I was to support TA and his family bc he was a pig!! That's right!! She said, "The victim was a pig! He was SICK!!!! Travis Alexander was an absolute pig!!"

I stood up and unleashed on her saying she had no idea who Travis was and how dare she call him a pig!! Then I asked her if it was a justified BRUTAL MURDER due to mention of a cream pie and putting it into her __. BIG MISTAKE!! She said she sees how JA could have snapped and it was probably justified. I tried to tell her there was more to the call and JA was a manipulater but she wouldn't hear it!! She said there was NO REASON he should have said those things. I won't repeat what she said about the pedophilia. Then she called me crazy for "wasting so much time on that pig and trying to justify his words!!"...I told her to get out of my office and honesty, y'all I have been a mess ever since!!!!!!

My first thought was WTF is her problem???? Then I started wondering how many other people only caught bits and pieces of this trial and also think similar thoughts!!! I am SO DAMN ANGRY that bc of the defendant (that's all I can call her without having the mods delete this entire post) - bc of all of her lies and sick, sick mind she continues to murder Travis every single day! I can't quit crying and just find myself OUTRAGED!!!! If i feel like this I can't fathom how family and friends of TA deal with this daily!! I don't want to go to work tomorrow for fear of what I'll do if I hear her say another word about Travis!

Thank you for listening - I know this is a safe place I can share and you kind hearted people will understand!!!

You know, things like this are almost like religion or politics in the sense that, at this point, people's minds are made up and nothing constructive is achieved by dialoguing with those who disagree. It would bother me a lot too. Try to avoid discussing it with her, you won't change her mind.

I think a few of you are being a little hard on the Hughes family.

It doesn't seem fair that they are being bad mouthed because they have gone on tv and given interviews about their experiences with Travis and JA. I honestly and truly believe they have granted those interviews because they have wanted to give the media/nation a more complete picture of what happened. Not only of what they witnessed pertaining to JA and Travis' relationship but also of what a good person Travis was.

I have enjoyed listening to Chris and Sky. I believe what they say and am truly touched by their loving friendship they had with Travis.

:)

Silly question (?)

Who took all those photos of Jodi and Travis together as a couple on their trips? Many of them are posed so maybe one of those timed photo things?

Sorry in advance for the rant, nothing to do with your post. WTH, KN says she didn't look happy in the one nudie pic? How does one look when she is planning to kill the picture taker. She's worried about roommates, neighbors, etc..., and she has to get him in the shower. For friggins sake, Kurt, JA was under alot of premediated murder stress. Of course she doesn't look happy.

Oh Sleuth. That is a terrible thing to have happened! Hopefully, you can email her tonight and say something like we'll just have to agree to disagree. It's like discussing politics when so much passion is involved. Hope it cools off quickly for you!

I don't discuss religion and politics for those reasons. I only discuss JA here for the same reasons.

(((((((((Sleuth13)))))))))) So sorry you had to deal with that. I just don't understand how anyone could ever say those things about Travis. I don't think I would have been able to handle that situation very well at all. Sounds like someone that doesn't know all of the facts or was just trying to get you riled up.

Except if it is 1st degree murder the case moves onto the next phase of the trial.
So getting dressed up or not won't make a difference.

I believe the CA jurors "dressed up" for their verdict. But then none of them chose to go into the press fiasco that was set up for them. I believe they got booklets and everything from the media. Wonder why none of them chose to show their faces that day?

OH NO!!!!! Men in there 60's and 70's are the jurors!!!! BAD NEWS!!! My Dad is 64 and my granddad is 84. They have both watched the trial. Both lost interest in the "experts" testimony. Both said they couldn't put that lil girl to death. Both think Juan is disrespectful. Both say she wouldn't have done all that if she didn't have a reason to!

Im terrfied the jury consultants did there job just like in the OJ trial!

Don't get too concerned yet about the older men.... I'm mid 50's and not only could I sentence that l'il girl to death, I could insert the needle!!! (Of course, maybe I will mellow by the time I reach 60-70, but I doubt it. Hopefully the guys on the jury are mean like me and not nice like your dd/dgd):please:

I wonder if any of the jurors will be rockin' salmon?

That would sort of funny, except it would mean they've been reading tweets or here! lol. If my husband was on that jury, I would select a nice pair of khakis and a salmon dress shirt for him tomorrow. I'd say, "Just put it on, don't even ask."

I think it's ok no verdict today, the jury are very thorough & asked many questions during the trial. However if a verdict isn't in tomorrow I'd be very worried, the 1st charge to consider is murder 1 & if they don't agree on that it's murder 2 to consider next. I believe murder 1 is off the table if a verdict isn't in Tuesday. But I believe a verdict will be in tomorrow, I have a feeling :)

I'm going to try not to worry until wednesday night. No verdict for a few days is ok, after all, lots of juries have deliberated longer and come back with Guilty verdicts.

It doesn't seem fair that they are being bad mouthed because they have gone on tv and given interviews about their experiences with Travis and JA. I honestly and truly believe they have granted those interviews because they have wanted to give the media/nation a more complete picture of what happened. Not only of what they witnessed pertaining to JA and Travis' relationship but also of what a good person Travis was.

I have enjoyed listening to Chris and Sky. I believe what they say and am truly touched by their loving friendship they had with Travis.

I also think Chris said their kids were not home the night JA was eavesdropping. I would never judge them.

I'm too lazy to find the original post.......or maybe I'm just too OLD.

But I am seriously tired of the implication by some posters (not you) who seem to think if you're in your 60's, you're out of touch with reality.

I'm 64. I've lived a full life and know more than these young whipper snappers who sound ready to shovel dirt in my face.

Stop judging OLD PEOPLE!!!!

You go Kscornfed, we'll all be there eventually. I have liked your posts for their bare bones honesty, doesn't matter if you disagree or not.

I do not like HLN after dark. The judge from Anna Nicole Smith case is ranting about the jurors watching HLN and following the trial in the news. Oh. now it's JVM. Turning off that darn program.

Sorry, but I'm so upset and I don't know where else to vent. At the end of today I got into quite the argument with a coworker. She knows I've been following this trial from the get go...she knows I've been exhausted for months, working all day, catching up on the boards or watching testimony at night, etc, etc. She also knows I've got several other co-workers on the Travis Train for Justice :)

Wellllllllll, apparently the fact that someone bought blue bracelets with elephant charms on them (see, I share alot at work!!) for 4 of us to wait for justice together (while being apart in our respective offices) must have been too much for her. Her boss was out and so she watched closing arguments all day and then before she left she stopped by my office.

I first took offense when she said JM was an annoying little man! I could feel my face getting warm and my posture getting stiff...she made a few other inappropriate comments but then....THEN!!!!! Wait for it.....

THEN she had the audacity to tell me that there's no way JA will get the death penalty...and you know why???? She said the sex tape clips proved what a monster Travis was. She started raising her voice asking me what kind of person I was to support TA and his family bc he was a pig!! That's right!! She said, "The victim was a pig! He was SICK!!!! Travis Alexander was an absolute pig!!"

I stood up and unleashed on her saying she had no idea who Travis was and how dare she call him a pig!! Then I asked her if it was a justified BRUTAL MURDER due to mention of a cream pie and putting it into her __. BIG MISTAKE!! She said she sees how JA could have snapped and it was probably justified. I tried to tell her there was more to the call and JA was a manipulater but she wouldn't hear it!! She said there was NO REASON he should have said those things. I won't repeat what she said about the pedophilia. Then she called me crazy for "wasting so much time on that pig and trying to justify his words!!"...I told her to get out of my office and honesty, y'all I have been a mess ever since!!!!!!

My first thought was WTF is her problem???? Then I started wondering how many other people only caught bits and pieces of this trial and also think similar thoughts!!! I am SO DAMN ANGRY that bc of the defendant (that's all I can call her without having the mods delete this entire post) - bc of all of her lies and sick, sick mind she continues to murder Travis every single day! I can't quit crying and just find myself OUTRAGED!!!! If i feel like this I can't fathom how family and friends of TA deal with this daily!! I don't want to go to work tomorrow for fear of what I'll do if I hear her say another word about Travis!

Thank you for listening - I know this is a safe place I can share and you kind hearted people will understand!!!

I'm sorry you had to go through that! This is a prime example of what you run into being a juror. (at least the one I was on) She has her mind made up and even if she knew all the facts she doesn't sound like one that is going to change her stance. Best to ignore her. She enjoys the power.

Short story. I brought up the Boston bombing with a friend. She goes on to tell me that there were no victims. It was all a setup and the victims already had missing limbs. Hard to keep a straight face when someone says something so "out there". I just let it go in one ear and out the other. Seriously what is wrong with people!!

You have us to talk to:heartbeat: Sleuth13. Glad you shared!

Tell that lady in order to form an opinion, regarding this trial, she needs to go back to the beginning of the trial and watch every single day of it. That is the only way to get the entire picture. That is like reading the last couple chapters of a book, or the finale of a TV series. If she does not listen tell her you are going to purchase a stun belt for her for Christmas, so she can be twins with JA.

The trouble is, how many times do they have to say it. Just too much! That is when it gets into 15 minutes of fame.

Silly question (?)

Who took all those photos of Jodi and Travis together as a couple on their trips? Many of them are posed so maybe one of those timed photo things?

I'm not sure they ever travelled alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member