Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the tweets to JA are hilarious!

For example

I've smoked several times my own body weight in weed, I live in a fog, but if I MURDERED my man I'd remember

One day down, let's hope for The Verdict tomorrow bright and early. The anticipation has my stomach in knots! I feel awful for his family and friends.. it must be agonizing. I hope they can all get some much needed shut eye tonight.
A wish for them to stay strong and resolute, justice is coming! Hang in there!

Ive read the description over and over and I still dont understand what is the definition of just the 1st degree Felony murder. I understand the premeditation part, but I dont see where it describes just 1st degree Felony murder. The 3 things listed always have the premeditation in it.
I am pretty sure JA is guilty of both these parts, but it is real confusing to me the way Felony murder doesnt seem to have a clear description by itself.

Count 1 charges the defendant with First Degree Murder. Arizona law recognizes two types of First Degree Murder – Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder. The state has charged the defendant with both types.

[Insert Juan Martinez Closing Arguments Here]

JA brought the gun and the knife, and then decided that she "used Travis's gun that was unloaded" and shot him and then she took that weapon from the crime scene.

Ive read the description over and over and I still dont understand what is the definition of just the 1st degree Felony murder. I understand the premeditation part, but I dont see where it describes just 1st degree Felony murder. The 3 things listed always have the premeditation in it.
I am pretty sure JA is guilty of both these parts, but it is real confusing to me the way Felony murder doesnt seem to have a clear description by itself.

Count 1 charges the defendant with First Degree Murder. Arizona law recognizes two types of First Degree Murder – Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder. The state has charged the defendant with both types.

What I see that's confusing is that first degree murder has a subcategory of second degree murder.

"The crime of first degree premeditated murder includes the lesser offense of second degree murder."

"The difference between first degree murder and second degree murder is that second degree murder does not require premeditation by the defendant."

HUH?

How can't first degree premeditated murder include a lesser charge that doesn't include premeditation?

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went downstairs as I don't often go, and went to a special support thread for a current member ...........and did a scroll back...........DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!! if I didn't see a posting by SoonerFan#1.

*ATL bows down her head.........and prays for SoonerFan#1 who we lost..................*

DAYUM!!!!!!!! She was such a special poster who I'm sure is welcoming so many into heaven. So so strange to see those that have passed away here when you do a previous scroll through on the threads. So many live on forever helping others and creating the "threads" to help others by passing it on even after they are gone.

Tears for SoonerFan#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Does anyone know if her hubby still posts here like he used to???)

I ran errands today as it is my day off and had my phone Velcro'd to my person constantly. I DO think there will be a verdict tomorrow and the jurors will be late to eat a kick-*advertiser censored* breakfast that JA will never see again ...moo etc ditto

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went downstairs as I don't often go, and went to a special support thread for a current member ...........and did a scroll back...........DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!! if I didn't see a posting by SoonerFan#1.

*ATL bows down her head.........and prays for SoonerFan#1 who we lost..................*

DAYUM!!!!!!!! She was such a special poster who I'm sure is welcoming so many into heaven. So so strange to see those that have passed away here when you do a previous scroll through on the threads. So many live on forever helping others and creating the "threads" to help others by passing it on even after they are gone.

Where is "downstairs" ?

So no one wants to take a stab at what could be a sticking point for the jury on premeditated murder?

A guess. For a long time my huusband couldn't get over the fact Jodi is a young pretty woman. A young woman had to be protecting herself. I finally persuaded him with crime scene photos and Jodi behaviors. Guess. The jury needs to work around this.

I wasn't preprejudice when I started following Travis' death. I knew about it but was following too many other cases to jump in at that time. Since about Feb. or more like March, I got caught up & have followed everyday. bah I have missed so many comments and probably facts but think I have a good grasp on all of it now.

It took me only a few articles to understand it all and posts and watching a lot more.

If the jurors (not said like NG jurrrr-oarrrrs) come back, they should have the right verdict. If they don't, well, don't hang out in the area that let her go. jmo lol

The only things I can think of is that they had sex that day and she also didn't attack him while he was asleep or when his back was turned. I don't think JM made it clear enough when his roommates were home and that she had to wait for the right moment. I also think she wanted to look him in the eye when she stabbed him in the heart.

I don't think they're stuck on it though. As much as I wanted a verdict today.... I think it's too early to think they've moved past 1st degree. Look at the amount of time all of us talk about this case.,,, I would've been bursting at the seams waiting to talk about a million things if I were one of those jurors.

I won't worry unless we get to Wednesday afternoon without a verdict. I'll be impatient and anxious, but I'm still confident we'll get a first degree conviction even if it takes a few days.

MOO

I agree - JA wanted Travis one more time - She already knew she was going to kill him. It was premeditated. She knew he had her figured out and didn't want anything to do with her - She could not and would not accept this from the man that she "wanted". He would have her or nobody. She was out for revenge. JMO

:blushing:uuugh! I have been here for a while and still don't get the elephant connection? Someone help me out. I know this is going to be a DUH moment but I can't figure it out.
:websleuther:

A guess. For a long time my huusband couldn't get over the fact Jodi is a young pretty woman. A young woman had to be protecting herself. I finally persuaded him with crime scene photos and Jodi behaviors. Guess. The jury needs to work around this.

"Pretty woman. I don't believe you....you're not the truth...."

I am not the least bit worried at this point we do not have a verdict. It is a DP case. Is she deserving? Yes. If i was one of the Jurors I would need to go thru the evidence despite feeling Murder 1 off the hop. It would be a decision I would have to live with the rest of my life. I would want dialogue. Support. At the end of the day I would want to walk away and never look back.

Oh wow :( Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong