Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how much I detest JA, if I were on the jury, despite my total belief she is guilty as charged and then some, it's still another human's life in my hands, and I would take that very seriously and want to be totally positive I was doing the right thing before it goes before the judge. I would have no trouble giving the DP where warranted, and I think JA deserves the DP as much or more than most criminals on death row. It's a choice a juror only gets one crack at. IYKWIM

This was an excellent read, thank you so much for posting. Gives me a better idea of how a jury may process their emotions after so many months of not being able to speak. Gives me new perspective.

Agree. There is emotion attached because we are human. Added element here being the DP. I'm sure the Jurors want to go thru the case and walk away and never look back upon their decision. I think my point here is influenced after attending a few Trials. It is nothing like what we see televised. There is a tension in the air. The Family's pain up front and personal. If i was one of these Jurors I would as i stated go thru evidence to support my decision. I would never allow Jodi to have any power over me.

With JA showing she can speak from the inside, don't 'ya think she's dangerous? Who would think of selling artwork? I guess she had to get it while she could but to be stupid enought to trash Travis says it all. Cut her off & the horse she rode in on. That's insulting to the people of AZ. Our thoughts are with the family first and always. jmo

Yes! I wish Trump never got twitinvolved. And I wish anything she said was made irrelevant. But most I wish for justice for Travis cause I am jury wary due to my KC PTSD. :scared:

I respect your opinion, but that is exactly what I was trying to relay. That if a juror asked others that they needed time out (lol, not like ours here, sorry nursie, lol!) to give another day to pray to God, or their higher power, or just relect on the impact of their decision, that I truly believe that other jurors WOULD RESPECT this time of reflection. Whatever the reason needed to judge someone to life in prison or possibly death, is something that I would ask time for reflection.

Didn't mean to relay that others agreed with the juror who might ask for time, and only would respect that if they shared the same belief.

Would be a shame if someone would not respect such if they didn't agree on the other persons reasoning/belief in a shared God or higher power IMHO. I can't / don't want to fathom that...

Yeah. Stranger things have happened. Thanks for clarifying. I can understand that those who didn't believe could at least have a reflection period if not a prayerful one. For those who believe, I'd feel it hard for me to be given God's responsibility to judge. If it's in my hands, I would seek prayer.

I am still wondering who is covering arias family expenses....

I heard somewhere that JA's art sales and whatever else she is selling is taking care of her family's expenses. I believe it's posted on her support website.

Check the sequence of events thread. There are all kinds of sticking points over there.

I'm skeered to look! Is that thread like the one that was taken down? And do folks think it was made clear to jury that the timing of gun/stabby and which came first doesn't matter? (or, is that clear to everyone posting also?)

What I see that's confusing is that first degree murder has a subcategory of second degree murder.

"The crime of first degree premeditated murder includes the lesser offense of second degree murder."

"The difference between first degree murder and second degree murder is that second degree murder does not require premeditation by the defendant."

HUH?

How can first degree premeditated murder include a lesser charge that doesn't include premeditation?

It is a building block.................You work your way up on charges and build more and more. So lesser charges do not have as much...... but when you "move up ladder" they add more.

HTH!

I am still wondering who is covering arias family expenses....

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but from those police tapes of her parents, I do feel sorry for them. They didn't commit the crime.

Once I saw a murder show where a police officer's son killed the girl upstairs from them and set the place on fire. The officer got her son to confess to her and she turned him in. It was gut wrenching to listen to her.

I know you weren't going there with your post but each time I think of a defendant's family, I think of that woman.

If the jurors are coming in at 10am Tuesday, I betcha they do have their verdict. :rocker:

This is what I am thinking too...

Jury Verdict/decision has been made...

Now preparation for getting all the main "players" (lawyers, judge, defendant, etc.) has been scheduled for the 10:00 a.m. Court time...

JMO

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went downstairs as I don't often go, and went to a special support thread for a current member ...........and did a scroll back...........DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!! if I didn't see a posting by SoonerFan#1.

*ATL bows down her head.........and prays for SoonerFan#1 who we lost..................*

DAYUM!!!!!!!! She was such a special poster who I'm sure is welcoming so many into heaven. So so strange to see those that have passed away here when you do a previous scroll through on the threads. So many live on forever helping others and creating the "threads" to help others by passing it on even after they are gone.

Tears for SoonerFan#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Does anyone know if her hubby still posts here like he used to???)

I like what you said, that we live on. Oh, I had Sooner Fan#1 on my mind very strongly the other day. She had such a vibrant personality. She was all over this place, but I got to know her best in the basement party group. Hope Uncle Sooner is doing okay.

This is for SoonerFan#1 :basementpeeps:

It is a building block.................You work your way up on charges and build more and more. So lesser charges do not have as much...... but when you "move up ladder" they add more.

HTH!

I understand that. I just don't understand how premeditation includes a charge that doesn't require premeditation, according to the quotes I gave.

SLOW DOWN! :scared:
I keep trying to "catch up" on these threads and it is dang near impossible!
I have about 10 threads bookmarked already, I keep thinking I will be able to sit a few hours and get up to speed, but this forum has some massive traffic coming through.
Suppose I shall have to just sit down for a week or so after verdict and try and really take it all in, in the meantime I shall start at this point and try to keep up (not gonna happen!).

A thought occured to me, maybe it has been touched on already since this trial started, but I am new so not sure.
When Travis says the famous line on the phone sex call about the 12 year old, has anyone else ever thought he was possibly saying it as a slight put down to her? Meaning, her *ahem* orgasm did not sound genuine, thereby sounding like a 12 year old having her first (and being 12 likely doing what they THINK it should sound like).
To me she just sounds so freakin' phony during that call, and as it has been said he at first did not seem that into it. Maybe he was giving her a little dig that flew right over her head?

Anyway, just musing while I try to get up to websleuth speed and wait for tomorrow....
Night all!

BBM I always thought and stiil do, that JA texted him what to say in their little $ex phone talk. He sounds like he is reading it, there is no inflection or honest delight in what he is saying. Seriously. :twocents:

Oh, and I have a hard time keeping up with these threads too. :wave:

BBM I always thought and stiil do, that JA texted him what to say in their little $ex phone talk. He sounds like he is reading it, there is no inflection or honest delight in what he is saying. Seriously. :twocents:

Oh, and I have a hard time keeping up with these threads too. :wave:

With that 12 year old comment, I recall hearing Jodi say something like that to him earlier than that call. I can't remember now what she said it in. A text message, I guess. She didn't say an age, just school girl. You guys remember that?

Where is "downstairs" ?

"Downstairs" is an area for WS members only. For most threads and trial stuff, it is OPEN to public, like this thread is... to search/view but they cannot comment unless they are a member.

"Downstairs" (there are many threads, and even some cases have been members only!) can ONLY be viewed by members only ...those are not searchable or viewed unless you are a member. And yes, members and comment on also............

WS has many great threads "downstairs" that are " members only viewable" threads.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member