MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 3m
@MichStatePolice K9 searching for #JessicaHeeringa in Grand Haven this AM near the power plant. Working off a silent observer tip @FOX17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 3m
@MichStatePolice K9 searching for #JessicaHeeringa in Grand Haven this AM near the power plant. Working off a silent observer tip @FOX17

Thank you so much for all of your timely updates! They are very helpful.

We need a removable GPS chip that can be easily removed, as well as an internal GPS.

A removable GPS chip that is easy to remove? An internal GPS? Can you explain that? Where would this GPS be located? I'm sorry, I must have missed something.

I belie it varies. I can pull up to "my" gas station and get approved. Remember it is rural so having "regulars" you would most likely just push the button. He seemed like he frequented that place after work.

Yes, generally I prepay if I am out of town, or use a card depending on my drink situation.

I'm in and out of here a lot, so I'm not able to keep up with every detail. Please tell me, how do you know that he seemed like he frequented the gas station? Surely if that is true then people know him by name.

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 2m
Confirming search of Harbor Island in Grand Haven underway based on anonymous tip re #JessicaHeeringa. Please stay clear of search area.

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 5m
K-9 Unit in Grand Haven near power plant after police got an anonymous tip. #FindJessica @FOX17 pic.twitter.com/ekeiQc0B1u

Sherene Tagharobi ‏@sherenereports 10m
According to @NSPDChiefShaw @MichStatePolice k-9 teams are searching for #jessicaheeringa in Grand Haven this AM after an anon tip @wwmtnews

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 2m
Confirming search of Harbor Island in Grand Haven underway based on anonymous tip re #JessicaHeeringa. Please stay clear of search area.

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 5m
K-9 Unit in Grand Haven near power plant after police got an anonymous tip. #FindJessica @FOX17 pic.twitter.com/ekeiQc0B1u

Sherene Tagharobi ‏@sherenereports 10m
According to @NSPDChiefShaw @MichStatePolice k-9 teams are searching for #jessicaheeringa in Grand Haven this AM after an anon tip @wwmtnews

For those unfamiliar with the area, Grand Haven is just south of Norton Shores on US31. Harbor Island is really just a tiny little plot of land that is sort of surrounded by water, not a true island. There is a soccer field on it and a power plant. You can access it from 2 locations, I believe. One is directily off US31 and the other is off a side road called Jackson, just West of US31 and just as you cross the drawbridge. You can see the island from the bridge.

This location would fit our RSO LLL, since he has family there and was once from Grand Haven. Also, it is very close to Spring Lake where the RSO that one of our members called a tip in on lives. She spotted him in the Holton area, but he is registered in Spring Lake.

ETA LLL and/or his RSO brother also listed Portabello as his place of employment. One of them has it listed as current place of employment on the sex offender registry while the other has it listed as former place of employment on his FB. Portabello is in Grand Haven, and maybe half a mile, tops, away from Harbor Island.

For those unfamiliar with the area, Grand Haven is just south of Norton Shores on US31. Harbor Island is really just a tiny little plot of land that is sort of surrounded by water, not a true island. There is a soccer field on it and a power plant. You can access it from 2 locations, I believe. One is directily off US31 and the other is off a side road called Jackson, just West of US31 and just as you cross the drawbridge. You can see the island from the bridge.

This location would fit our RSO LLL, since he has family there and was once from Grand Haven. Also, it is very close to Spring Lake where the RSO that one of our members called a tip in on lives. She spotted him in the Holton area, but he is registered in Spring Lake.

Does he match the police sketch? If he did in fact frequent that gas station then witnesses should be able to confirm.......:please:

I don't know if it's the same way now, but when I went to Oregon a couple of years back, it was illegal for the customer to pump their own gas. They had gas attendants who pumped the gas for you. I thought that was so bizarre.

Around here, you have to pre-pay before you get gas in some places, while in others if you use your credit card, you don't have to go inside to pay, you pay at the pump. One place I use to go to had a machine that you could either pay cash or use a credit card at and you didn't have to go inside. It varies, depending on the station and the locale.

I'm old enough to remember the full-service gas stations, where you drive up, an attendant comes out and gases up your car, cleans the windshield, sweeps the trash out and checks your tires, as well as the oil and water. I wish there were still some like that around here.

I recall learning in the Kyron Horman case that in OR it's illegal to pump your own gas. I thought that was interesting. I don't think there are any places in my area where there is an attendant who pumps your gas. Most places have a little kiosk with an attendant, but in convenience stores, some of them require you to prepay, and others don't. Some of them never turn the pumps off, if they're open 24/7, but if they close up at night, they do. I think there are a few places with no kiosk at all, you just have a company gas card and a pin number. Once you slide the card in and key in your pin, the pump is on. The convenience store I worked at briefly had little toggle switches for the pumps, but it was a mystery to me how one person could keep up with who had paid for their gas or not, and still be working the cash register and keeping an eye on people wandering around pocketing things. They did have a lot of drive-offs, too. I decided that job was not for me, and being there late at night by myself was scary. I wish they would make it a law to always have two people at these convenience stores, day or night. Robberies happen during the daytime, too.

Has there been any more word on TAH? There is a lot of circumstantial evidence.

1) Forum member witnesses him in a silver minivan.
2) Registered sex offender.

Scary they are searching Grand Haven. I found a website selling outdoor pictures taken by a T.H. Looks like the same guy in the offender profile picture. The tuft of hair in the middle of his forehead seems to be the same. A lot of his photography is from the Grand Haven area. Very circumstantial but things start to add up. Or it could be nothing. I will post the link if that is allowed.

Does he match the police sketch? If he did in fact frequent that gas station then witnesses should be able to confirm.......:please:

I believe there was a pretty strong consensus here that LLL matches the sketch. I believe he is a decent match, aside from possibly being a little thinner. He has been the main guy on our radar for a lot of us.

You are right, 2 workers should be mandatory at all times, and not only at night. It's just common sense....if someone needs to go clean bathrooms or tend to pumps then the store isn't unmanned. I also don't think 2 women should work the night shift. Not having WORKING cameras is something that is completely inexcusable.

I believe there was a pretty strong consensus here that LLL matches the sketch. I believe he is a decent match, aside from possibly being a little thinner. He has been the main guy on our radar for a lot of us.

Is he the one questioned by police? People called the tipline about him? Are there any locals here at WS who know this guy?

Scary they are searching Grand Haven. I found a website selling outdoor pictures taken by a T.H. Looks like the same guy in the offender profile picture. The tuft of hair in the middle of his forehead seems to be the same. A lot of his photography is from the Grand Haven area. Very circumstantial but things start to add up. Or it could be nothing. I will post the link if that is allowed.

I know that our member called LE but I have heard nothing more. I think he is a decent match, and has 2 gray/silver vans available to him. I asked a friend who lives down the road if she knew the family, but she said she only knows of them and doesn't know them personally.

I feel that LLL and TAH are the two best matches on the local registry. It's just so odd that they would not have been arrested yet if it was either of them. So local.

Power plants should all have cctv around I think since 9/11 Homeland Security mandate--perhaps this one does?

I know that our member called LE but I have heard nothing more. I think he is a decent match, and has 2 gray/silver vans available to him. I asked a friend who lives down the road if she knew the family, but she said she only knows of them and doesn't know them personally.

I feel that LLL and TAH are the two best matches on the local registry. It's just so odd that they would not have been arrested yet if it was either of them. So local.

Photography was found by TAH taken in the grand haven area?

Thats good information.....I still strongly suspect TAH-

Could you provide a link please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members