SLEUTHERS: how to educate the public on being ALERT and finding more missing people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Put our ideas down here. LET's be WARRIORS and use our Twitters and Facebooks to educate the public!

:rockon::rocker::rockon:

This is the best resource I've ever seen on how to spread the word about missing children on all the popular social media. It's headed up by the parent of a formerly missing child, and although reaches out to parents, anyone can use the very well designed guides.

Find Your Missing Child
Using Social Media to Bring Your Missing Child Home
http://www.findyourmissingchild.org/

Do what these rescuers did-get involved. Dont leave a screaming woman inside of a locked house twisting in the wind. If you dont want to go over, call LE. Dont assume what you are hearing is none of you business. JMHO.

There is no waiting period to file reports and you are your loved ones best advocate. Cooperate with the investigation, reach out to the msm media and USE SOCIAL MEDIA.

Most importantly, tell LE everything. Dont be embarrassed or hide it if your loved one uses drugs, is socially inept, has a mental or physical disability. LE needs the best information and it comes from you.

As for the public, I think eye contact and reaching out and listen to your gut whenever you can.

Kimster, you've given me reason to consider signing up to Facebook and Twitter. :)

Am a bit uneducated insofar as missing person resources.

Warriors United for Missing People - I really like that idea.

Here in Portland, OR the police have a mental health liaison now who assists with handling situations where an individual's mental health is concerned.

One thing I've seen repeatedly in missing person's cases is the family crying out that their loved one is not a runaway, or ran off to a new life, or left for some other reason involving their own decision.

If there could be a liaison for families of the missing, right there shortly after it's reported.

Kimster, you've given me reason to consider signing up to Facebook and Twitter. :)

Am a bit uneducated insofar as missing person resources.

Warriors United for Missing People - I really like that idea.

And I love the title you provided: WARRIORS UNITED FOR MISSING PEOPLE! :rocker:

577751_425482440797365_1911798036_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/577751_425482440797365_1911798036_n.jpg

Here in Portland, OR the police have a mental health liaison now who assists with handling situations where an individual's mental health is concerned.

One thing I've seen repeatedly in missing person's cases is the family crying out that their loved one is not a runaway, or ran off to a new life, or left for some other reason involving their own decision.

If there could be a liaison for families of the missing, right there shortly after it's reported.

I think that's what Klaas Kids and other organizations try to do. We just need more of them! One in each city would be GREAT!

"From the Nation to the State to your City or Town: Warriors United for Missing People" ?

So, what's your vision re: Facebook and Twitter? What do you see us Warriors doing?

wait: "From the Internet Nation to Your State, City and Town: Warriors United for Missing People"

...we'll need a song Kimster...

I agree with making calls and saying something. We had a situation here with one of my 11 year old's friends last week. It might be something, it might be nothing, but I went with my gut and reported it to the school and the abuse hotline. Really, it would have been easier to just not get involved, but I knew that saying something was the right thing to do. I think we have far too many people who say "someone else will do it" when it comes to uncomfortable situations. I see it everywhere from participation in school/PTO to personal circumstances. The ones who tend to sit by and do nothing also tend to be the ones to complain the loudest when the outcome isn't what they wanted and protest that "no one did anything".

The thought always comes in when we say to ourselves "but what if I'm wrong?" I have called LE in the night because I think I heard a gun shot. I'll say "I could very well be wrong, but I think you need to know just in case". It just needs to happen!

But there's always those times when our emotions carry us away. We have to find a balance in ourselves.

oh I can't recall the name of the book, but it's about protecting yourself from stalking to being attacked. A man wrote it; his job is protecting highly visible people.

Anyhoo, he says to Follow Instinct when protecting yourself. The same holds true with a "feeling" that something is off, imo, whether a gunshot in the night, people outside arguing or pleading (I had that once - Very Scary), a strange person -

Gotta Trust your Warrior Instinct! (did I say I'm on a roll? :))

Don't forget, our Resource Center has many gems of information available:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176"]Websleuth's Resource Center - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

oh I can't recall the name of the book, but it's about protecting yourself from stalking to being attacked. A man wrote it; his job is protecting highly visible people.

Anyhoo, he says to Follow Instinct when protecting yourself. The same holds true with a "feeling" that something is off, imo, whether a gunshot in the night, people outside arguing or pleading (I had that once - Very Scary), a strange person -

Gotta Trust your Warrior Instinct! (did I say I'm on a roll? :))

The Gift of Fear- Gavin deBecker

The thought always comes in when we say to ourselves "but what if I'm wrong?" I have called LE in the night because I think I heard a gun shot. I'll say "I could very well be wrong, but I think you need to know just in case". It just needs to happen!

But there's always those times when our emotions carry us away. We have to find a balance in ourselves.

I agree with finding balance. That is true.

This is a wonderful idea. I have been doing Take25 to help educate parents on how to keep their children safe.

I say don't just call police but follow up and keep following up quickly if something isn't right. People called on this guy beforeand also on Jaycee's abductors but nothing was done. Also demand that weird school employees who aren't professional or abusive be fired and get them Away from kids.

I think I would rather to think of myself as a seeker than a warrior, but warriot would probably catch more people's attention. About the only thing I can think of right now (I already took my meds, including sleeping pill, before I saw this) is pretty simple.

Any time you find yourself thinking - somebody should stop that, somebody should call the police, someone should call an ambulance, someone should offer to, I hope somebody got the license number, or anything similar, remind yourself that You Are Somebody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie