Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope JA has gotten word that already she is beginning to fade from the daily news cycle. (and will completely when this jury comes back with Murder 1 verdict)

The story of the 3 women found after 10+ years in Cleveland is a compelling headline on the news now ... Such a wonderful blessed turn of events. Thanks be to God.
I'm doing everything to stay busy and cannot BELIEVE The things Im reading about what they went through. It's almost too tough to know and read. http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...ow-was-last-one-to-see-victim/?intcmp=related

6. fake pedo letters
7. plea agreement with threat to trash Travis

:thumb:

!! Birthday and Christmas? Man, what was he thinking .. was she on his automated client card list?

They were cheer up cards. They weren't allowed in because Jodi was depressed when he sent them to her. The reason she was depressed was what kept them out. Nurmi was clawing his way out of having to represent this (word I got timed out for). So telling the jury that Nurmi wanted out of defending her wouldn't be admissible.

<modsnip>

I am bothered by the number of men on the case too.

Sex still sells. Some guys think with the wrong head....IMHO

.....but then I also hope that these Men realize (the single ones) they could be the next TA out there with some Sicko girlfriend down the road

I do wish there were more women on the panel....IMHO

Either way (female or male juror) Travis did not deserve to die..even if he did yell at her for dropping the camera (which I do not believe it happened).

Also IMHO......JA lies..........so I as Juror would throw out her words and anyone associated with her.

MOO...always MOO

With all due respect. I find that post really offensive. I served on a jury, albeit nothing like this one, and I think jurors look at evidence and don't look at how cute or pretty the defendant is. Whether they are male or female. If I was on that jury I'd be fighting for Travis and explaining how I add all of the evidence to equal Murder 1.

Oh hello! :seeya: I haven't seen you in a few days.

I think I speak for everyone who has missed you when I say, "we've missed you!"

Since I started making videos for this trial I've gained over 100 subscribers. I had about 20 or so subscribers on Youtube before my first Jodi trial video. Now I have 132. That's great, but I feel pressure to keep making videos. So I made three videos to summarize Jodi 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 recently. That's taken up a lot of my time.

I predicated Tuesday afternoon. I just can't see them taking 2 sleeps to reach a verdict!

The longer they go the more time for jurors to start getting wishy-washy, like a menu with too many choices. You start changing your mind about the entree when you hear what other people are ordering.

I wouldn't call it wishy washy. I'd call it starting to see the evidence the same way others see it. A woman called HLN and said that Nurmi connected with her during his closing. When he talked about all of the chances Jodi had to kill Travis before she did, it resonated with this woman. I don't think the prosecution offered up a motive of the Cancun trip. In fact I'm not sure they got a firm motive across. At least not to me and I saw about 90% of the trial. Some parts multiple times.

It might just be that I'm thinking the Cancun trip motive was something that we talked about here only.

....the "no gun in this picture" eye thing....was actually Chewbacca, Alf, a dog or nothing.......

I saw a Mawg

<modsnip: everyone envision John Candy in a dog suit here>

OMG diet cokes and apples LOL .. poor journalists having to report on details like this. It's luncheroonie toilet, drinks, vending machine visits, smoking ...

"Bombshell Tonight! Two jurors farted after lunch! Ok, unleash the lawyers!"

I don't think that the jurors have to leave their room to go to the bathroom. I served on two juries, and there were restrooms in the jury rooms.

The guy on HLN just now: "There was no knife. For the burden of proof, you have to have a knife". Good to know he thinks you can just kill someone and get away with it as long as you hide the weapon real well. What the heck?

Im sad they dont have a verdict yet, i would gladly sign murder 1 for her within seconds of hitting that jury room, by this time you know where you stand.

True. Yet this trial involves the Death Penalty, so imho I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that evidence is being scrutinized :)

I guess she's free to practice her yoga and singing?

And come up with some clever tweets for tonight (she would need to memorize them since she doesn't have a writing implement).

She can create new defenses for the next trial if this jury turns out to hang.

What else can Jodi do in the basement with nothing to stimulate her?

Uh.........NOT going to go there!!!! Too close to verdict to end up in TO!:floorlaugh:

This thread moves fast. I'm posting this right after my last post. I wonder how many more will be in between?

I agree.........

FOLKS! There are 12 Human Beings on the jury and we're just gonna drive ourselves crazy putting them in sub categories :scared:

We just have to believe they all brought their common sense into the jury room, and DON'T listen to the TA's. KCL, Katie Wick, and Beth Karras have the most accurate info on what's going on downtown.

DON'T PANIC!

JMO....:truce:

[bbm in red]

I not, I am trying to *shake it off*​

Beth is awesome!

Jean...eh. She flip-flops and over dramatized things too.

Just MHOO.

Also, Beth dresses like a professional....and Jean dresses inappropriately to be on camera. Trying hard to be younger than she is. IMO.

I think you're right about her still believing no jury will convict her. She's uber-confident and I imagine the longer deliberations go on, the happier she is. I just read Nurmi's motion requesting the state to consider second degree / manslaughter and it is rife with overconfidence.

I have a nagging feeling, even if she is found guilty 1st degree, she won't be phased because she'll be confident it'll be overturned on appeal. I don't expect to see much reaction from her if the jury comes back G1.

I expect her to grace us with one of her "secret" hand/finger gestures, as a form of aggression and her displeasure.

After this trial, I seriously need to go back to my normal life with more outdoor and social activities.

Btw I'm curious...

Anyone else thought perhaps the Jury is making JA sweat it out as kinda a torture to her for making them sit there listening to her on going lies for so flip'n long??

Maybe they are back in the Jury Room looking at evidence but talking like us? Like hey you guys remember when she said she stopped & got her 'Costco' water out to wash blood off her hands but funny how none of these pics show blood outside of the upstairs area..

Seriously how dumb did she think we were??

JMO trying to keep mood positive ;)

What is the problem? Do does the jury decide between LWOP and death?

That is the only issue I see. If the jury sees other issues, then I am wondering if they are relatives to the KC jury

So you are saying b/c we don't have a verdict yet,they are talking /believing Travis had a gun?Really

I am thinking maybe its the 600 pieces of evidence they have to go through

Justice. Today I hope

Because we'd have a guilty verdict by now.
There isn't an expected norm when it comes to verdicts. Scott Peterson's jury was out an entire week but only 14 hours for Michael Peterson. Both were convicted of murdering their wives. Five hours found Shakara Dickens deemed guilty but double that amount saw Casey walk free.

There is absolutely no telling - too many variables to cast predictions at all, in my opinion. And no reason for anyone to start fear-mongering that this jury will acquit or even hang for a long time yet.

All MOO

well, the only way i see this not coming back first degree is if someone believes HER. that's the only way it could happen.

how could ANYONE believe her? about anything? him being an abuser. him having a gun. him attacking her because she dropped his camera. her returning the gas can. losing her phone charger. renting in redding because of priceline. being in a 'fog.'

HOW????

okay- I'm getting nervous now. And it's not a good nervous :( I don't know if I can handle a 2nd degree or MS verdict. I don't even think they're going to come back today. Some juror is prolly holding out which could mean a hung jury.

I was so confident yesterday -- today, not so much! Ughhhh!

Moo

Mel

:seeya: I'm nervous also :scared:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics