What do we know that the jury doesn't?

gauntlet

Inactive
Reaction score
Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list.

Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the history that has influenced my perception of JA and the trial

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
JA getting a flat tire on way to funeral
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
JA hitting her brother in the head with a bat (Thanks Angel Wings)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
JA never being left alone with Darryl's son (I think)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks TVI)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks TVI) Any examples appreciated!

Travis's Life
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him

JA Interrogation/ Court
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art' / tracing famous ads and pictures, and being sold on ebay

Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
JA kicking/killing doggy boy

Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
JA messing around with JW's chair (Thanks Dewey)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
JA tweets from jail

Travis Family and Friends Evidence

911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
- The truth behind the 'abuse' emails
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)

Evidence

Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

- JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
- Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)
Det Flores report (possibly - Little Mel checking)

JA's Friends and Family and DT
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so

Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through

MS passing notes to JA's mom
MS passing notes to D (Thanks MM)
JA's outside 'representative' /
Who Donovan is and how they met (Thanks MM)
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
MM admitting on social media he'd lie for JA (Thanks MM)

Gus Searcy testimony
Huge amount of negative press to ALV/ book reviews
RS taking his website down after trial
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Dr D's laptop being stolen
Cost of trial

Great thread! Thank you, gauntlet.

Also (unless it was in the original post and I missed it) -- JA's attempt at witness tampering via the "secret code" in the magazines.

Thank you Beach *mwah*

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list.

Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the history that has influenced my perception of JA and the trial

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks TVI)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks TVI) Any examples appreciated! +
JA stopped believing in the law of attraction at the end of 2007

Travis's Life
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him

JA Interrogation/ Court

-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
JA tweets from jail

911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Chris Hughes stories
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)

Evidence

Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

- JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
- Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)
Det Flores report (Little Mel)

JA's parents tapes
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so

The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through

JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car

Gus Searcy testimony
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Cost of trial

Adding:
Jodi stole Travis' engagement ring meant for Linda Ballard Boss.
Jury only know that Jodi stole Travis' ring.

I had no idea about the feet. This is like the 12 Days of Christmas from hell. Sorry if I broke a chain or something. Please don't make me look at the feet.

Just pasting in additions. I'll edit this and add more to it.

Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. (Karraster)
I'll add that CH mentioned there was an email she sent soon after 5/26 where she tells him she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals. (Does anybody know what the story is on stolen journals?)

There was also a journal entry made after 5/26 where she denies slashing his tires. (Smelly Squirrel)

I would like for the jury to know that one of the violations Jodi was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs. Were these warm and fuzzy photos of her family, or her cat, or her car, or her friends? Nope! These were 19 bloody photographs of Travis! (That's how DEMENTED this woman is!) (Dani)

Add evidence from Det Fl report

I wish statements jodis mother made to Flores in Yreka could be used against her. She said the first thing she did when she heard Travis was killed was ask jodi if she did it? Jodi said I have gas receipts proving I was not in Arizona. I guess JM did not want to drag her mother into this. But sometimes you have to pull out all the stops. (Deedee21)

-
Remove
Originally Posted by gauntlet View Post
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa

Edit
Jury aware of gun but didn't know where it was or about knife

I had no idea about the feet. This is like the 12 Days of Christmas from hell. Sorry if I broke a chain or something. Please don't make me look at the feet.

Lol. I didn't know either, I had to go through and find what it was.

While this is very disgusting and I for some reason I can't stop laughing about it, I can't think what sway it would have to the jury. :floorlaugh:

Do the jury know that JA put up a gate so Naps couldn't get back upstairs?

Gauntlet is in the UK but we must continue adding things to the list of items that WE KNOW but the JURORS Do Not Know.....This is important because I believe there is a different set of rules when it comes to the penalty phase...

I have many more to add to that list but the one I thought of that I think is VERY important is that JA, once she bought that .9mm handgun, she hid it under the hood of the "rental car" and also had two knives in said rental car the day she "fled" her family. (She claimed that she just had some leftover kitchen utensils from her old boyfriends and was just going to "return" them. We now know how she does this).

Then, if not already included are:

The jurors heard about a "ring" that was taken by JA but they don't know that was an engagement ring meant for another woman other than JA.

The close-up photo of Travis and his father as seen in the "Amazing Grace" video wearing his little Spiderman underwear (Mrs G Morris has the close-up photo).

Let's show the jurors the full videos of the TV shows she did when she was still claiming that the Ninja's did it. She talked on and on about what a wonderful person Travis was and what a wonderful traveling companion he was - She even said how Travis was a traveling comedian because he always entertained and inspired.....

Copying this over for now. Thank you AS. You've added a few more details to bits we have too.

They need to be shown the photos of Jodi (wearing the superman t shirt), with Bobby and the lines of coke on the table.

They need to be shown the bathroom, hall and closet.

I wonder if any of those knife had DB's name on it? He betrayed her on the stand,and she'll make him pay.

In the interrogation tapes before Jodi's arrest she said that the person to take care of her affairs live some distance from Yreka. Would that be Matt.M?

Show them Travis doing the chicken dance and Jodi stalking him on it.

That Jodi sang this song when she was arrested;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sUBUExxD41A

Copying this over too

I just learned tonight from Ryan Burns that she invited herself to Utah on 5/30, not him and she sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate!!!

Iliketobendpages - thank you! We had a few of them but a few questions about a few of your points;

They need to be shown the bathroom, hall and closet.
- I thought they'd seen photos and a map. Do you mean evidence? If so, what wasn't seen?

I wonder if any of those knife had DB's name on it? He betrayed her on the stand,and she'll make him pay.
- I don't know how you want me to add this to the list. Truth Detector has a theory she was going after Thomas Brown next. We had the knives already.

In the interrogation tapes before Jodi's arrest she said that the person to take care of her affairs live some distance from Yreka. Would that be Matt.M?
- No idea. Do you remember when she said it? Also, how does the jury not or knowing this help?

Show them Travis doing the chicken dance and Jodi stalking him on it.
- Do you think she stalked him? I think she was in the near front row. We have the Youtube clips up there.

I just learned tonight from Ryan Burns that she invited herself to Utah on 5/30, not him and she sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate!!!
I hadn't realised that either. I can't remember his testimony now but does this mean JM didn't clarify whether he invited her or she invited him.

BUT thinking more about this, I remember seeing the IMs in which I thought he was trying to encourage her to visit him??

Lol. I didn't know either, I had to go through and find what it was.

While this is very disgusting and I for some reason I can't stop laughing about it, I can't think what sway it would have to the jury. :floorlaugh:
I allowed this on a technicality because it combined the fact JA had creams in jail. :floorlaugh: I agree though need to keep this focussed on things that could sway the jury/ focus on why the element is important

Can someone tell me if the jury know about the gate that kept Naps downstairs?

Updated!

The formatting has gone a bit askew and I've lost a couple of links but I'll fix those on the final edition too

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks The Village Idiot)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated! +
The ring JA stole from Travis was an engagement ring meant for Linda Ballard Boss. (Thanks Lil Buddy)
Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. (Thanks Karraster)
CH mentioned JA emailed Travis sent soon after 5/26 saying she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals(Thanks Karraster)
There was also a journal entry made after 5/26 where she denies slashing his tires. (Smelly Squirrel)

Travis's Life
JA invited herself to Utah on 5/30 to see RB, and not the other way around. JA sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate (Thanks LinasK)

JA Interrogation/ Court
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
- JA singing Dido’s Here With Me but sings “I didn’t hear you breathe” instead of “I didn’t hear you leave” (Thanks Iliketobendpages)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? (Thanks Kaydono)
JA tweets from jail
The full videos of the TV shows she did when she was still claiming that the Ninja's did it. She talked on and on about what a wonderful person Travis was and what a wonderful traveling companion he was - She even said how Travis was a traveling comedian because he always entertained and inspired..... (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
One of the violations JA was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs, which were Travis’s autopsy photos (Thanks Dani)

Chris Hughes stories
"fake

Evidence
Knives hidden and found in hire car (Thanks mobius99) Unknown who was next target – possibly Thomas Brown (Thank you Truth Detector) Knives in book boxes and gun taped under bonnet of car. (Jury only know there was a gun)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)

JA's parents tapes
- JA’s mom asked JA if she killed Travis. JA also told her mom she wasn’t in Arizona and had the receipts to prove it.. (Thanks Deedee21)
Gus Searcy testimony

Other Social Media

Other
Cost of trial

Can someone tell me if the jury know about the gate that kept Naps downstairs?

The formatting has gone a bit askew and I've lost a couple of links but I'll fix those on the final edition too

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks The Village Idiot)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks The Village Idiot) Any examples appreciated! +
The ring JA stole from Travis was an engagement ring meant for Linda Ballard Boss. (Thanks Lil Buddy)
Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. (Thanks Karraster)
CH mentioned JA emailed Travis sent soon after 5/26 saying she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals(Thanks Karraster)
There was also a journal entry made after 5/26 where JA denies slashing his tires. (Smelly Squirrel)
The DT bring JA's civvy clothes to court

Travis's Life
JA invited herself to Utah on 5/30 to see RB, and not the other way around. JA sent him a letter in 2009 telling him he wasn't in danger, she wasn't a serial killer, and that he was a *advertiser censored* of the state for letting them know about her upsidedown license plate (Thanks LinasK)

JA Interrogation/ Court
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
- JA singing Dido’s Here With Me but sings “I didn’t hear you breathe” instead of “I didn’t hear you leave” (Thanks Iliketobendpages)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? (Thanks Kaydono)
JA tweets from jail
The full videos of the TV shows she did when she was still claiming that the Ninja's did it. She talked on and on about what a wonderful person Travis was and what a wonderful traveling companion he was - She even said how Travis was a traveling comedian because he always entertained and inspired..... (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
One of the violations JA was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs, which were Travis’s autopsy photos (Thanks Dani)

Chris Hughes stories
"fake

Evidence
Knives hidden and found in hire car (Thanks mobius99) Unknown who was next target – possibly Thomas Brown (Thank you Truth Detector) Knives in book boxes and gun taped under bonnet of car. (Jury only know there was a gun)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)

JA's parents tapes
- JA’s mom asked JA if she killed Travis. JA also told her mom she wasn’t in Arizona and had the receipts to prove it.. (Thanks Deedee21)
- JA's parents reported her to police after the pot smoking saga, her room was searched and she never trusted them again, refusing them from staying in her house once she had moved out. (Thanks AuburnSchnauzer)
Gus Searcy testimony

Other Social Media

Other
Cost of trial

The jury did hear the 911 call where everyone was implicating Jodi and they did hear the part of the interrogation tape where she said if she hurt Travis she would beg for the death penalty, I believe. Juan did tell the jury that Matt M had said he would lie for Jodi.

Awesome list. Printed copies should be handed to the jury as they leave the courthouse after the conclusion of the trial. Although, I assume at some point, maybe not immediately after, they'll do their own research and communicate with each other, acknowledging they made the right decision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back