verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that the defense wants to know what Travis's family is going to say at the sentencing hearing.

Thanks to you, git, MA,and all the other wonderful Legal Eagles, but isn't this premature?

Maybe this is rude and judgemental of me, but those guys didn't offer JA what Travis did. BJ was a bit of a loser, and DB had some baggage imho. Travis was young and shiny and upwardly mobile, and the sky was the limit with him.

So in a sense Travis denied her what she felt entitled to and the others didn't bring nearly as much as he did to the table. So he refused to do what she insisted he do and she killed him for it.

I agree no matter what she wrote in her journal, this is a chick with no empathy. She mimics emotions, but doesn't feel them. Some of the most telling info about TA and JA's relationship has come out since the Hughes and DR's subpoenas were lifted. Listening to the strategic moves she used to manipulate TA like the fake stalker email, encouraging jealousy, attempting to alienate him from friends, suicide threats, etc... I think even her move back to CA was a calculated to get him to commit. She had her eyes on a target and when TA began distancing himself, it triggered her rage. JMO

I wasn't listening today, but that man drives me up the wall. Every time he talks about legal issues I wonder to myself how he ever passed the bar, much less became a judge. He always, always talks badly of Juan. A bit of jealousy there, IMO.

When HLN puts on that crybaby Larry, they show how much disrespect they have for us viewers. All he wants to do is inflame people dedicated to Justice for Travis.

I have email mean streak comming on to HLN.:rockon:

Absolutely, at bare minimum there needs to be a threshold for critical thinking and comprehension. What's the point of spending millions of dollars and having highly educated professionals present something to a bunch of dullards?

ITA, this is exactly what I was posting yesterday. I've seen some real doozies on jurys, some who couldn't figure out how to get out of a wet paper bag.

It means that the defense wants to know what Travis's family is going to say at the sentencing hearing.

Is it they want to know if they are going to call her bad names
and have them stricken from the being able to?

Does that normally happen? Why would/should they get to know what the victim impact statements are until the victims actually say them in court?

I don't know how he would know, but Judge Seidlin also said that his sources said that there are Mormons on the jury. He didn't say it in these exact words, but he basically said that his sources told him that these Mormons want to make Travis seem less of a person because he participated in all those different types of sex. I don't see how that could be any worse than what Jodi did. In my opinion, she is the one who was the initiator of most of those types of sex. She was the more experienced person. She was the one who bought all the items they needed to carry out their fantasies. It seems as if they had already figured out that she was a *advertiser censored* and not a true Mormon, but they didn't care. Travis might not get the justice he deserves because he was a Mormon who sinned.

don't pay any attention to this clown. he doesn't know one thing more about that jury than WE do!!!!!

i only have HLN on if it's on MUTE. your BP will stay lower if you don't listen to the 'judge' or the out of work defense attorneys that litter their coverage.

Yup. She panicked, and was running out of time because the roommate was due back by 8pm I believe. During her haste clean-up the camera got tangled in the bloody towels.
She did not have much time to plan out if the camera was found, because in her mind the photos are deleted and the camera bleached-out.
Did you see her face when Flores said they recovered pics which puts her at Travis' on Jun4? :scared:
She failed miserably, and she even admitted she knew they'd be onto her.

i still think the camera was left on purpose. it wasnt tangled in the sheets in the washing machine, it was left on top.

In case any of you went to bed at a reasonable hour (unlike me who COULD not fall asleep) and may have missed this:

HLN excitedly reported that we "shouldn't worry. HLN After Dark will continue after the Arias trial and will move on to other trials and news topics."

Gee... I wasn't worried it wouldn't return... I was hoping it would end! That show is the epitome of "jumped the shark"!

The sheets were found in the dryer, which leads me to believe they were put in the washer before the shower pics were taken. It would have been too risky for Jodi to stick around long enough for the sheets to complete the wash cycle and then start a second load of wash. If she didn't strip the bed until after the murder, then I think she would have put everything in one big load. The camera was found in the washing machine with a towel, t-shirt, Travis's undergarments, socks, etc. Also, if she had planned to take the camera, why waste precious time deleting any photos at all? She thought that deleting the pics and running it through a wash cycle with bleach would destroy the camera and the memory card. Thankfully she was wrong about the card.

I've just always felt her clean up job was interrupted, that she would have done a much more thorough job, through the panic, given the opportunity to continue. I don't think she meant to leave those things there

Jean kisarus was just on hln
There was a question about was Jodie trying to put dean adorn and jean says I didn't see that way.

Not verbatim!anyone caught it?

Don't feel bad! I've got 34 years of marriage under my belt...'course, that's divided up between three husbands. (Yeah, I know. :facepalm:) But mr. dood and I will be celebrating 17 years this Friday, so here's my tip (learn from my mistakes, please): Marry someone you are on the same page with. If you and your future spouse have radically different "game plans," it does not bode well for future happiness. (Sadly, in my case, I didn't find this out until after "I do's" with both Husband 1 and Husband 2.)

And make sure you can laugh together! HUMOR is soooooo important.

Hang in there! Your soul mate will turn up when you least expect it. I found mine when I wandered into the store for a loaf of bread and ended up with the baker!
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

So, does that mean the butcher and the candlestick maker are still available?

:D

Hang in there! Your soul mate will turn up when you least expect it. I found mine when I wandered into the store for a loaf of bread and ended up with the baker!
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Thank you. Right now I have no interest in a relationship. I was never married to the father of my DS6 (probably because of fear of a 3rd failure in the legal sense). Our relationship lasted the longest. For now I'm focused on my kids. I don't think I could share my space/time right now. I can totally see a love story like yours some day.

Come to think of it...why is the jury in at 10:00am now instead of 9:00am (which they previously decided on). Has anyone heard? The brat in me says that if they aren't coming to a verdict, then they need to be there as long as possible during the day until they can.

what you quoted is just the disclaimer that it's not the court's fault if you file something electronically and it doesn't go through properly.

What was posted earlier, the defendants Motion for Discovery of Victim Impact Statements menas the defense wants to see what those statements are going to be.

That sort of befuddles me, is there a requirement that a victim turn in a written statement and stick to it? I probably would make notes for a few days before and speak from my heart, not from a script.

I don't see where the defense is entitled at all to go inside the emotional state of Jodi's victims. That's just wrong.

Read AzLawyers reply to my question. I'm lost.....

That Judge is nothing but a wacky fame-ho. Talk about a jealous narcissist. He was blasting Judge Perry too. I cannot stand that Judge Karen anymore either. Both got a little too big for their britches.

You want to know what has happened to our Justice system, there are two examples and HLN's producers/too many talking heads competing with each other.
Judge Karen was the one spewing the BS on Monday that the State turned down Jodi's offer to plead to first-degree murder. Completely false--it was second-degree. I guess people bombarded Christi Paul's Twitter/FB page with the correction that she finally said acknowledged the Judge's error. In the meantime the THs spent two hours bashing JM, the State, etc. about something that was not true.

I'm well traveled and have no trouble with trying new foods, but I must admit I've never had a shrimp sandwich. Are they good?

Go to your local Creole restaurant right now (OK, you can wait for the lunch hour) and order a shrimp po' boy.

your welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member