verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, What DID happen?

I haven't heard much of anything and wasn't around this weekend so I'm sure this was already posted. Just pulled this up from Sunday 5/8. It's from the DailyMail so I don't know how reliable their reporting is. IMO and MOO it is Arias related, without a doubt.

The police report notes that though the laptop was stolen, diamond earrings sitting out in the doctor's bedroom and cash that was stored in a drawer was not taken.

The police report did not say if investigators felt there could be a connection to the Arias case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emarte-weeks-testified.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

local story http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22162948/2013/05/04/laptop-stolen
This sounds eerily similar to the 'break-in' at Jodi's grandparents' house.

This woman is an idiot on HLN. Yes we DO know exactly why the jurors were dismissed. :sigh:

well me playing candy crush saga didn't help make the jurors make a decision quicker lol

I know that 99% of you folks in here are big-hearted, justice oriented people, so take this in the best possible way: lay off the frickin' jury! Unless we have actually sat on a death penalty jury, there is NO way we have any idea what they are going through right now.

Someone posted a great article about the last death penalty jury here in Phoenix, and I suggest everyone read it.

We all toss out flip, sarcastic and funny comments about this case but we have that luxury because NONE of us have the burden on our shoulders. And much as we would like to pretend that JA is a monster that should be skewered with a thousand spears and decapitated, she is in effect a human being. THEY are the ones who will be effectively pushing down the plunger of that needle, not us, so forgive them if they are taking too long to decide to do it.

Their lives will be forever changed after this, and while they don't have the exact pain and trial that Travis' loved ones have had, they have a pain and trial of their own that NONE of us can fully appreciate. I thank God that most human beings cannot cavalierly take the life of another without much trepidation and thought and anguish.

I can talk a good game about the OBVIOUSNESS of her guilt and justice that only her death can bring, but if I were sitting in that room having to come to a decision, I'd like to think I would be more somber, sober and circumspect than I am in this forum.

Just some food for thought. The realization didn't hit me until after I'd read the article, and the magnitude of their duty is beyond anything I've had to tackle in my own life. And for some people, it will be wounding, and something they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. So for those who pray, let's really pray hard for them while they go about this dark but necessary business.

:floorlaugh: John Cleese was the best! I used to watch Fawlty Towers with my grandma!

....yes....after Basil Fawlty from a wonder British comedy named Fawlty Towers....
When I adapted him he was named "Spaz"....I changed it to Basil to add some dignity to his life....but he's still a spaz...
My other cat is named James Bond....the vet was horrified at neutering "James Bond" -you know with his reputation and all....:floorlaugh:
...I get to say that I sleep with James Bond all night and that he likes to sleep on top of me and nibble my ear...:floorlaugh:

HLN is talking about the juror #5 that was dismissed previously !

:scared: They are running out of material to discuss during this wait ...

I think my reasoning for not wanting to be anything but a casual Trial observer comes from being part of Discoveries. It was horrible. The accident wasn't my fault. I had not even sat down and the Lawyer for the Defendant who caused the accident and some terrible injuries looked at me. Smiled. Said some nice pleasantries then said Oh I know you and your husband lived together before you were married. I knew then game on. I have no idea why i was so bold but i looked at him and said I am not intimidated by you. I also smiled sweetly and said we did. We had bought a house and closing was one month before our wedding. I hate what Trials have become.

Trying to remember that we've been able to vent this whole time and they haven't been able to discuss this. Really hoping that they've already decided M1, but just need to talk and process all of this...trying not to freak out. It's not really working, but I'm trying.

FYI....if you're sick of HLN, Fox has Bengazi hearings which are far more interesting.

I've been trying to listen while scrolling thou comments.

I had to laugh at CNN, they should the 1st few minutes, and then cut to talking head commentaries. I kept waiting for them to switch back, but nope....blend biased is more important...changed the channel to get uninterrupted live coverage.

....yes....after Basil Fawlty from a wonder British comedy named Fawlty Towers....
When I adapted him he was named "Spaz"....I changed it to Basil to add some dignity to his life....but he's still a spaz...
My other cat is named James Bond....the vet was horrified at neutering "James Bond" -you know with his reputation and all....:floorlaugh:
...I get to say that I sleep with James Bond all night and that he likes to sleep on top of me and nibble my ear...:floorlaugh:

I think I just renamed my cat Dr. Horn.

Good Morning...

I live in AZ and I am not reading too much into the juror's clothes. I have to tell you ... and I believe this has much to do with our extraordinarily hot weather 9 months out of the year ... AZ is a very casually attired state. You can go to the finest resorts and restaurants state wide ...and see a large majority of patrons dressed in shorts and flip-flops. If I were on this jury they would likely dub me .... messy pony-tail tank top jeans flip-flops ... or something like that. ETA Sitting all day like that I would think it totally acceptable to dress comfortably. :twocents:

Yikes! I stand corrected, AZWatcher! Forgot about all that hot weather in AZ.l I'm taking a lot of 'heat' over my comment about flip flops. Sorry!

These young'ns can only read about WOODSTOCK. We were WOODSTOCK!!!:floorlaugh:

did you see the movie 'parenthood?' one of my favorite lines was dianne wiest, saying 'I WAS AT WOODSTOCK!!! I PEED IN A FIELD!!'

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Patience grasshopper!

LOL! I Loved that movie/show. I grew up and have been a Sensei (teaching Tai Chi) for the last 13 years. Who says that media doesn't influence the young. :floorlaugh:

The DM can post a lot of rubbish when it wants to. We call it the Daily Hate over here. However for something like this, I'd expect they would be fairly accurate. I :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: when I read the costume jewellery was taken and the diamonds were left. I'd be happy to bet the thief thought the costume jewellery was valuable and the diamond earrings weren't.

I can think of a potential thief who would not take earrings in a burglary....

Maybe I have no common sense or simply do not understand the legal process but the DT wants the family to have to give up their feelings for Jodi, Nurmi and Jennifer to look at under a microscope and object to before they can even express them and I feel it's wrong.

NOT OK!

Jodi is just going to have to sit there and deal with whatever she is going to hear. She will at that time be CONVICTED. The real victims have paid their dues ten fold already. They've had to sit with their faces stoic, stifle their cries (while her mother rolls her eyes) walk out when they could no longer stomach the photos, forced to remove ribbons and buttons. Forced to leave their jobs and find a way to stay three states away while they care for their families to be there for their brother. They have gone through enough and should not legally be manipulated anymore. The laws need to stop working for the convicted and start working for the victims.

This is Jodi. She can't handle not being in control. She can't handle anyone attempting to ruin her reputation. Tough. I knew long ago the worse part of this trial for her would be victim impact for loss of control. Heaven forbid anyone speak badly of her or finally get to tell her how they feel about her horrific actions.

Please judge, do not make me go outside and scream my head off before I can function. :mad:

I can see a delighted deputy in Jodi's future. Correcting Jodi's outbursts should make his/her time fly. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708