Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!
Happy about this!

I kind of don't want them to give her the dp, but it's just because that is so much more money than lwop. If it was dp then a sort of 'street justice' kinda of thing or maybe a 'lottery' kinda thing, I'd be fine with it.

Sorry, I have some windmills at which to tilt.

No can do.

You made my tiny brain parts essplode. :scared:

Does it count that I adore Eleanor of Aquitaine? A couple of centuries early, but dadgum, that was one amazing lady. Wasn't her Court of Love a fertile ground for music and literature of the age? I revere true academics like you.

And Boycie, too.

Sorry about the OT, but really, we are in emotional release mode, right?

Eleanor is one of the early influences on the development of courtly love and the idea of chivalry for sure. She is an important part of the story and gets attention in my course! You'd be very comfortable there.

Please don't revere me. :floorlaugh: Boycie, on the other hand, must be worshipped and obeyed, and believe me, he will make that happen if you resist.

I don't recall saying that the Defense has an interest in getting justice for the victim - that would not be doing their job, but they do have a role to play in seeing justice served. The court system in both of our countries is an adversarial system designed, in an ideal circumstance, to get at the truth. Sometimes like today it works perfectly and if JA can't win an appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel the Defense can be thanked for that - no matter how repulsed we are by the defense that they mounted. I, in no way, applaud this particular defense but someone has to defend these individuals - Casey Anthony included - and as much as we may not like it these attorneys have an important job to do. I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone - it was just an observation. In Canada an attorney is currently representing Luca Magnotta and I hope he mounts a rigourous defense, I hope the judges rulings are well thought out - even if they appear to go in favour of the defendant because,that way, when Magnotta is convicted he will never have the slightest hope of having his conviction overturned on appeal.

I find a massive disparity between American courts and Canadian courts, just from personal experience as a juror in a Canadian court.

There is rigourous defence and then there is a smearing of the victim. I see no rigourous defence in the JA case. It is not logical or reasonable; it is all about smearing the victim. If the defence in the LM case smears the victim do you think that would be a rigorous defence? Because rigour is an intellectual definition. Trashing the victim is not.

The defense team really screwed up by arguing that DeMartes BPD diagnosis was wrong. It could be used as a mitigating factor if they had not argued it. Even brought in a surrebuttal witness...bet they regret that now.

Yes. I think what happened to the defense was that Jodi was driving the bus. I have no doubt every attorney she had told her to go for heat of passion/sudden rage due to psychiatric issues type of defense. And whatever you do SHOW REMORSE.
No way self defense was ever going to work after the jury saw the pic of nine stab wounds in the BACK!

But Miss Jodi would not allow it. There is nothing wrong with her. Yes, she's "borderline"...borderline GENIUS in her mind. It was going to be self defense and trash Travis no matter what.

Crazy Anna Judge says she has a mental illness because she did an interview with a local station instead of national station. LOL!!!! Someone should check that guy for mental illness.

Maybe Darryl Brewer, Matt McCartney, Bobby Juarez and Victor Alexander will all fly in and testify for JA in the mitigation phase.

philosoraptor-memes-whats-the-difference-between-fat-chance-and-slim-chance.jpg

Not Bobby. He hates her from I've heard.

They are talking about JA's mother on After Dark. I have to say that my heart broke for SA when I watched her interview with Det. Flores. But after watching her behavior during the trial, with the laughing etc., I am sorry to say that I really don't feel anything for her right now. As a mother, I really don't like saying that but I really feel nothing.

Reports are she is writing a book, still feel sorry for her?

Wow! grams is walking pretty fast...idk...believing wheelchair prop atm!

No kidding, I was waiting to see her fling her wheelchair of her shoulder and sprint....wow, just wow....

No, Jodi's page was suspended and DB is using her own page now. She has tweeted that now she had to create her own page, that JAs family has left for home, that all further donations for her commissary be sent to her mother instead....and she is begging NG, DD and HLN to have her on the shows so she can talk about events and blah blah blah.... She needs to move on. Nothing more to see there....

Could you put her twitter account up please? I have found one but there is only one tweet on it. Thanks

It's been awfully quiet around here with all the Juan is a horrible prosector, overcharged, doesn't know what he is doing, mean, abusive, comments too. :drumroll: The silence is deafening. :lol:

Include Seidlin the Clown in that group. He should never get paid to go on TV as an expert ever ever ever ever.

EVER! :stormingmad:

Donovan is still milking her 15 minutes of fame on Twitter. She even tweeted to NG and DDrew asking to be on their shows to talk about her relationship to JA and family. That got a few funny responses.... She's a hanger on....

Shes what my brother in law calls a "dingleberry".... :giggle:

On HLN -
Who is this Judge Larry Seidlin and why isn't he retired? grrr

He just said that Juan Martinez is a senior prosecutor and is only given slam dunk cases that he can win. Now Martinez has to acutally earn his state pay and work at convincing the jury of DP. (as accurately as I can remember, JA's interview scrambled my brain)

D'oh! I would have liked to see this Judge prosecute this case...what a -------- he would have lost.

I love Juan!!

Juan was brilliant, remarkable memory, and until the last hour, didn't need his notes. He knows all too well what Travis went through. Anyone saying anything else is a moron. IMO.

I've been hearing some rumours that he had something big on her involving PPL and something to do with the Mormon community.
I am working to get more information. Just rumours.
I do think she used the sex tape as a blackmail either in buying his silence in whatever he had on her.

Ps. The grandmother is walking just fine from the jail into the parking lot! Nobody near her helping her! I thought she could hardly stand in court being wheeled in?

Apple does not fall too far from the tree APPARENTLY.

On HLN -
Who is this Judge Larry Seidlin and why isn't he retired? grrr

He just said that Juan Martinez is a senior prosecutor and is only given slam dunk cases that he can win. Now Martinez has to acutally earn his state pay and work at convincing the jury of DP. (as accurately as I can remember, JA's interview scrambled my brain)

D'oh! I would have liked to see this Judge prosecute this case...what a -------- he would have lost.

I love Juan!!

Right. Because Juan's been phoning it in the last 4 months. Now he's going to have to do something. What an a$$hat.

Well, well. Big day, eh? I'm really, really glad this case is mostly over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms