Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey Jackson is hosting In Session this AM. It's been a god episode so far, and right now he's showing interview clips from last night..

I don't think she can co-pen a book once she is on "The Row"". Can she?

I never want to hear about her again until it is time for the needle, that will be my complete closure.

I don't see how it can be stopped actually. The only thing is she may not be able to benefit financially. But ALV would keep her commisary account full for her anyhow.

I got the impression the felony murder charge was directed to any juror who didn't buy premeditation, which was none as it turned out.

I suppose you could also count ONE of the murders, as she committed murder 3 times technically, as another felony. From what I read in the charge though Juan's position was predicated that she was actually guilty of Breaking and Entering which is a felony in AZ. She may have gotten in with TA's permission but once the violence started he certainly would have revoked that permission. Even without stealing anything.

I think he threw in the gun for any juror who wasn't convinced she brought her own, once she admittedly left with it (and the knife) that would be Burglary, another felony.

I'm ready for Jodi to be put on death row. Even after she has been convicted of first-degree murder, she continues to assassinate Travis's character. She is still calling him a pedophile and a hypocrite. This evil woman needs to be isolated from everyone else so she can't spew lies about Travis. Jodi being on death row is the only way he and his family will ever get peace. I fear that Travis's reputation will continue to be smeared if she is placed in general population. I was okay after the verdict until I heard her attack Travis's character in her interview.

Well we did see ALV's remarkable demonstration of how well she can read minds... no doubt in my mind she is mumbling and boiling frogs because the men ruled, or so she believes.

That's right :) there are more men on that jury!!! hahahahha I love that!

Death would be preferable to me than life in prison.

Death penalty or LWOP--either way is a death sentence so I would prefer to just get it over with sooner.

Just sayin'

Most of the THs and court observers thought that Jodi and her attorneys were having a pow-wow about the interview after the verdict yesterday. Jodi wanted to talk to the media, and her DT probably told her not to do this. Jodi did it anyway and is already manipulating the jury and the public for the next phase of the trial. :furious:

The TH heads also said there was yelling after court by her and her DF team. I would imagine they tried to stop her and she just did what she wanted. She is thick headed. The interview she gave is doing her no favors. Just add more fuel to the fire JA.

Good morning, frenns!

After a short period of a 'high' after the verdict was read, I suddenly got really sad and tired. My husband said it was probably emotional exhaustion after everything we've gone through these months.

I tried to get to bed early but I couldn't sleep. So, now I'm tired and crabby. Anyone else or am I just a freak? :sigh:

Not a freak. Me too. I had very bad dreams last night. I dreamed that she was MY daughter! It was so horrible! I think I went to bed feeling a little sad about the families of people who commit heinous crimes. We have an issue going on around here surrounding the body of the Marathon bomber that has gotten me depressed.
I think its just everything rolled into one. I expected the verdict to bring some elation but...Travis is still dead, his family , still devastated, so many lives affected.

i can't wait to see how this plays out. because i'm cynical about the DT and i'm not so sure they didn't set this whole thing up----argument to be heard and reported----and all. we shall see.

On one of those segments the reporter was saying it had been set up before, and he was waiting to to see if it were a go. Then, she came out with her prison pants on and her 'street' tee, so it had to be approved by someone in order for her to come back out from changing. I think it was all staged and the attorneys were aware and had their loud discussion ready should this verdict be given.

and also, good morning folks! Last night when i left jodi was still manipulative, katie ddd and juan were in love...grandma arias had found religion, risen from her wheelchair and walked and i was out for blood. Am i all caught up to speed?

Yep!!! Morning

a th saying something does not make it true.

However, it is true that 7 members of the jury believe this was felony murder--their reasons for believing so, we do not know yet. It could be that because the gun was never found, they do not want to assume that jodi brought a gun with her. Or it could be they see felony murder for another reason altogether.

The defense put forth that crazy gun on the shelf scenario solely to impart reasonable doubt about jodi bringing a gun with her because if she brought a weapon it points to premeditation but if she used a weapon that was there and handy, it might cast some doubt on the premeditation. And juan in his infinite wisdom knows that in any group of people there will be skeptics...people who want things cut and dried and if they can't get that they will always have some doubt about what is fact.

Juan's speaking of a gun in the closet was solely to get to any jurors who might want to consider that it could have been travis' gun. Greta turned it around to be something else, which i didn't like at all because she is usually far more astute than that, imo.

Just remember that all the jurors voted yes on premeditation, even those who voted yes on the felony murder charge. Meaning they believe that even if it was not proven that jodi brought a gun with her, it was proven that she did enough other stuff that shows premeditation.

thanks button just wasn't enough for this post!!!

If the killer truly wants to be put to death then there should not be any appeals, right. Could she stop the automatic appeal?

The reporter said last night KN and JW knew nothing about it.

i don't take the word of most reporters these days. especially when this guy got the 'get' of the year with this interview. i said i'm reserving judgment until i see how this goes, and that's what i'm doing.
it's just hard for me to believe they were unaware there was a reporter, along with lights and cameras, etc. waiting back in that room for an interview. they are trying to keep her from getting the DP and here she is asking for it, and i KNOW it's not what SHE wants. so it's possible the 'reverse psychology' wasn't just her decision.
don't want to argue with you, schuby. and i'm not saying i'm right. i'm saying i think it's possible.

I used to be Anti DP too, until I had children, then I realized I would be a hypocrite if I was "For" the DP if anyone hurt my children, yet "against' it for others.

So now I am for the death penalty. God deals out justice through his people, and today was a good day. Jodi is going to have to take responsibility for her actions , whether she wants to or not. .

I've always been pro death penalty and I was sick when my state recently repealed it - they ran a report of the 4 or 5 killers on death row and what they each had done cried out for death! Stupid state!

Good morning all :seeya:

I feel good this morning. I feel relief for Travis' family. Travis can now finally RIP.

Dont know if anyone may have been looking for it, but I found JA's interview after she was convicted last night:

link 1: Jodi Arias Trial - Jodi Gives Guilty Verdict Interview part 1 - YouTube

link 2: Jodi Arias Trial - Post Guilty Verdict Interview with Jodi Arias- part 2 - YouTube

link 3: Jodi Arias Trial - Post Trial interview With Jodi Arias -part 3 - YouTube

I cannot believe what she said about Travis' siblings. She never even hinted at remorse. She wants what she wants, I honestly now hope that she get LWOP, dont give her what she wants. And Im pro DP.

ETA - My husband and I watched a part of it last night and I told him, for the FIRST time since this all started, I see life in her eyes in this interview, and I see fear. AFTER shes lied and dragged Travis' name though the mud and put his family (and hers for that matter) through hell. :banghead:

Felony burglary. She entered his home with the intention of committing a crime. Burglary does not always involve theft, surprisingly.

Well .... she DID steal his life. I don't think that anyone believed she used Travis's non-existent gun. The felony part was being in his home (uninvited imo) and committing a crime (as you said Janx) ... I agree (JMO)

Her explanation for why she didn't like to make eye contact with the Alexander's is for the books.

I believe one of the things that's important in mitigation is remorse. There is zero, less than zero, it's negative remorse. This is going to be easy for the state.

If she wants death, she should tell her lawyers to step down, and there should be no mitigation. Of course she is just lying AGAIN.

As for all the photos/videos of her coming out now, THIS is the women that has said she is camera shy. Could have fooled me.

The reason she loves photography, is she LOVES being photographed.

[video=youtube;bf9k18uGZXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9k18uGZXs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members